aurora borealis watch

Maybe this time I will be lucky and see it unaided. Tried so often but only managed it through very slow exposure camera that some rich dude had.

How far south will it be visible? Obviously have to get through all the cloud first mind you.

Met prediction for tonight.

WQeogId.jpg

Might head to the Cleish hills for a look, would be good to see them with the naked eye rather than a long exposure pic.

Thanks for the heads up but looking like little chance in EK just now if the weather stays like it is. Saw them once last year when up at a cottage in Skye. Looked out the back door and wondered what the green lights were then realised. Great display.

Planning to go there soon , must be incredible on a clear night
Mate of mine is a semi professional photographer so went down with him, he got some outstanding shots of the Milky Way and managed to get a picture just as a meteor cracked against the atmosphere. I'll see it I can dig out his picture.

Thanks for posting the Facebook page. Been desperate to see the Aurora Borealis. Will check this for best chance. :)

Thanks for posting the Facebook page. Been desperate to see the Aurora Borealis. Will check this for best chance. :)

There's also a Aurora Watch App for the iPhone that gives you alerts when a likely sighting is.

Saw it once when i was in Kristiansand in Norway. Used to be up in Norway a lot but only ever saw it that one time.

It is beautiful. Worth staying up for if you think there is a chance of seeing it.

Back