Aussie players waiting for photos with Messi

PXRdMu2.gif

I’m fooking raging:eek:, if we knock a diddy lower division team out the cups, their players better no be asking ours for photos & shit:p

I don't see anything wrong with this. Messi is a once in a generation (maybe even longer) phenomenon.

Within the bowels of the stadium it is perfectly fine, never ever on the pitch though.

I don’t have an issue with it.

Most of the Australian players are crap, this is the last 16 of the World Cup against arguably the greatest player ever, and it was after the game.

They would never get an experience like that again.

People saying tinpot is tinpot.

He's the greatest player to ever play the game and a once in a lifetime opportunity for a momento. Australia gave their absolute all in the tournament and had no right getting as far as they did. The players wernt exactly starstruck when it mattered.

The tadgers saying tinpot are the type who would defo annoy the likes of Kirk Broadfoot in Sainsbury's for a picture
Kirk Broadfoot i wouldnt annoy him id fucking boot him lol

Absolute drivel. I've been in the presence of quite a few Rangers players out and about in Glasgow in my time up here and never once stopped any of them.

Also when you resort to calling folks names just because they share a different opinion to you your argument tends to lose all credibility.

I'd stop Messi mind but I'm not a professional footballer.
It's Messi. Potentially the greatest player ever in possibly their only world cup appearance. I'd say milk it for all you can.

It's embarrassing but let's be honest... If we were in their shoes we'd all do it too. Deal with the embarrassment later :))
When you’re in the presence of a genius in any walk in life all the rules change as it doesn’t happen too often, I did meet Hank once still not got over it

Loved watching wee Jason Cummings getting to shake hands with the great Messi at the end of the game. He probably asked him if he fancied getting hammered on Fosters with the rest of the Aussie boys in the boozer.

Funny everyone saying it's tinpot and embarrassing or whatever. Interested to know how many world cup matches you have played in?

I did think it was tinpot initially, however, your comment genuinely made me realise it's not. I suppose I'd do the same. Fair play to them.

I did think it was tinpot initially, however, your comment genuinely made me realise it's not. I suppose I'd do the same. Fair play to them.
Before the game is tinpot, after the game , fill yer boots ya bunch of Sheila’s

Loved watching wee Jason Cummings getting to shake hands with the great Messi at the end of the game. He probably asked him if he fancied getting hammered on Fosters with the rest of the Aussie boys in the boozer.
“Hey Lionel, have you ever picked up the ball on the halfway line and ran half the pitch to slot one in away at Ross County”?

Jason Cummings looked absolutely starstruck after the match.
Can you blame him? Chucked out his dream job and then skudding about the benches at the likes of Dundee then he's on the pitch with arguably the greatest player of all time. Fair play to the guy.

Hardly tinpot, they’re all professionals and recognise him as the best in the game. Fair play if they want to maximise their time around him as they’ll likely never see him in the flesh again.

Everyone in the world when Bobby Moore changed shirts with Pele - "What an iconic moment, a picture for the ages"

FF when someone takes a picture - "Rubbish, tinpot, embarrassing, back in my day..."

Honestly, a fair % needs a ride, let it all go, relax and enjoy yourself. It can't be healthy being this angry.

If you've just been on the pitch with Messi for 90 minutes, why are you looking for a selfie.? Subs looking for a picture, I might understand.
Why the fck do you think? Because it's probably a one in a lifetime chance to get a photo with one of the top 5 players of all time.

You just know if the "tinpot" brigade were lucky enough to play against Messi and be within 10ft of him after the game they'd ask for a photo.
Nah they'd be far too staunch. They'd probably walk right past and make a point of not even acknowledging him cos they're not tinpot. Big staunch bastards that they are.

Slightly different question but I think still related. Why do young people need f'ing photos of everything they do? Concerts, sporting events etc. What ever happened to experiencing something and if it was good enough sticking in your memory for a very long time? Not only that those of us who want to enjoy these events can't see it for the f'ing phones being held up in the air.

... I never slept very well last night :)

Only one person gets his shirt though.

If it's ok to ask for a shirt swap, why is a photo so massively different?
Mate asking to take the clothes off of a man's back is fine. Asking for a quick photo is embarrassing though...

Haha it's Messi ffs.

Mate asking to take the clothes off of a man's back is fine. Asking for a quick photo is embarrassing though...

Haha it's Messi ffs.
Now that I think about it, was this forum not revelling in the fact that Jason Cummings was pictured with Scott Arfield while he was a Dundee player?

Getting knocked out no embarrassment

Queuing for a picture, yes

Have some pride
I’m sure they have loads of pride, a team of largely average at best players just reached the last 16 of the World Cup, then only narrowly lost to one of the tournament favourites.

They did themselves, and their nation proud.

Now they want a picture with the greatest player in the world, an icon of the game.

Lighten up mate.

I’m in the ‘don’t blame them’ camp, most of them never had the opportunity and never again will have the opportunity, so why not.

Australia were a credit to themselves to get out of the groups and were very close to equalising at the end of the game, can’t fault them on the pitch. If they’d been fucked 6-0 I’d say it was a bit pathetic but they couldn’t have given anymore.

Embarrassing. Imagine King or Wright standing outside the Liverpool changing room after the 7-1 waiting for Salah's autograph. We'd all be fucking raging.
Not the same thing but I guarantee our players have match worn Liverpool kits from the match at Ibrox at home.

Why the fck do you think? Because it's probably a one in a lifetime chance to get a photo with one of the top 5 players of all time.
Messi looked embarrassed for them queuing to get a picture with him! Why not just take a picture with them all in it as a group. Its not as if they couldn't prove they had played against him.

Back