Australian A League official thread

You guys are keen, I stay here and I wouldn’t open the curtains to watch an A league game.
Last time I went to a game Fergie was still coach of Perth Glory.

Attended my first A League game in around 6 years with a pal tonight. Perth Glory vs Sydney FC. Pretty poor game and a non-existent atmosphere. Albeit Perth Glory are playing in a temporary, much smaller venue but I was disappointed by the absence of one single song. No chanting, no songs and very little passion. Little kids leathering balls about the stand was quite toytown too.

I didn’t recognise any of the players, but one of the Glory players played for Hearts for a season.

The game finished 2-2 after an injury Time equaliser by Perth Glory. That goal was the first time you really heard any noise from the crowd.

I can’t judge the full league on that one game, but the little bits I see here and there plus this game would put the A League standard in the Scottish Championship bracket for me. We’d comfortably beat both those teams and I think most of the SPL would beat them too. Perth Glory would be relegated from the SPL and dare say they’d be going shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Ayr United, Patrick Thistle and the likes.

Attended my first A League game in around 6 years with a pal tonight. Perth Glory vs Sydney FC. Pretty poor game and a non-existent atmosphere. Albeit Perth Glory are playing in a temporary, much smaller venue but I was disappointed by the absence of one single song. No chanting, no songs and very little passion. Little kids leathering balls about the stand was quite toytown too.

I didn’t recognise any of the players, but one of the Glory players played for Hearts for a season.

The game finished 2-2 after an injury Time equaliser by Perth Glory. That goal was the first time you really heard any noise from the crowd.

I can’t judge the full league on that one game, but the little bits I see here and there plus this game would put the A League standard in the Scottish Championship bracket for me. We’d comfortably beat both those teams and I think most of the SPL would beat them too. Perth Glory would be relegated from the SPL and dare say they’d be going shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Ayr United, Patrick Thistle and the likes.
Having watched the A league for a good few years now, I would say technically, most of the teams are superior to SPL teams outwith us and the fiddlers. It's the physical side of the game where I think they would struggle.

More often than not, most of the games screened live in the UK are quite exciting, attacking affairs with lots of goals. Ofcourse with every league you're going to get the odd poor game.

Having watched the A league for a good few years now, I would say technically, most of the teams are superior to SPL teams outwith us and the fiddlers. It's the physical side of the game where I think they would struggle.

More often than not, most of the games screened live in the UK are quite exciting, attacking affairs with lots of goals. Ofcourse with every league you're going to get the odd poor game.
I may have been unlucky. The last game I went to was Perth Glory vs Wellington Phoenix in 2016. That was a better game, better standard too IIRC

What stadium were they playing in?

Melbourne City currently 8-1 up v Brisbane.

I thought its another City Group team buying their way to the league but they're currently mid table

Back