Australian A League official thread

Had a feeling he’d get it, but odds were terrible @2/1.

Stop scoring troops.

I missed that pen, how no booking?.

I need one more booking :))
There's doesn't seem to be a lot of bookings on comparison to Euro leagues. Its less physical and less diving about like little girls

Would a player like McLaren be worth a punt for us? Could get him cheap. He didn't do great for hibs in his second season but could be a Boyd style poacher for a team like us?

Ffs 7-0 !!

Most of this league would be the best footballing team in the SPL outside us and the mhanks. I dont think they could live with the rugby sized players and thug tactics though
This is why i'd rather look at players here than the SPL. No worries about allegiances etc and a proven success rate with the likes of Vidmar and Moore. McLaren is far too good for the A league.

This is why i'd rather look at players here than the SPL. No worries about allegiances etc and a proven success rate with the likes of Vidmar and Moore. McLaren is far too good for the A league.
McLaren is 27 now and entering his peak years. Not sure he would entertain coming back to the SPL. He might have a last crack in Europe but not here

Would a player like McLaren be worth a punt for us? Could get him cheap. He didn't do great for hibs in his second season but could be a Boyd style poacher for a team like us?

Ffs 7-0 !!
Nah, a couple of years ago maybe but not now.

My dad used to bang on about him all the team when he was at Brisbane, he is far too good for A-League but.

Put it this way, Aberdeen should be trying to sign him rather than Griffiths.

Nah, a couple of years ago maybe but not now.

My dad used to bang on about him all the team when he was at Brisbane, he is far too good for A-League but.

Put it this way, Aberdeen should be trying to sign him rather than Griffiths.
Agreed mate. I just feel it may be worth a punt on a player like this.

Few games tomorrow morning. First one should be a cracker. An Adelaide win would send them top vs 4th place Sydney who go 3rd with a win.

7am Sydney Fc v Adelaide Utd

9am MacArthur Bulls v Newcastle Jets

10am Perth Glory v Wellington Phoenix

Western United v Wellington Phoenix kicking off at 10 live on BT.

Graham Dorrans' team Western Sydney Wanderers play tomorrow at 10am v Melbourne Victory. Kenny Miller also a coach there. Also on BT.

Never a dull game in the A League

Grant Brebner left Melbourne Victory by mutual consent after they were pumped 7-0 last weekend.

Steve Kean taking over until end of season and Tony Popovic will be new manager next season.

Looks like a healthy crowd at Adelaide. Are they one of the bigger clubs?

Dorrans playing for WSW in this one
victory bigest club none of the other teams come close with fan base. sydney then Adelaide, western sydney got good fan base . if victory were top of the league they would average gates around 27 thousand. last couple of season been very poor but have most regestered fans.

Cracker of a games tomorrow morning. 2nd v 4th and 1st v 5th.

4 points separates them all

8am
Central coast v Sydney FC

10am
MacArthur v Melbourne City

Excellent game glad I recorded it. That Folami looks a player but that's the first I've seen him.

The front three plus Kamau for WSW looked alright but so so bad defensively. Ziggy Gordon hahah.

victory bigest club none of the other teams come close with fan base. sydney then Adelaide, western sydney got good fan base . if victory were top of the league they would average gates around 27 thousand. last couple of season been very poor but have most regestered fans.
When was the last time they averaged 27000 per game ?

Just to help you out a bit. You do have the biggest crowds though ( When winning )

Last edited:
Im going to be controversial I think! I actually quite enjoy the games but being honest its, in the main, journeymen players, Keogh, Derbyshire, Gordon, Dorrans, Steven Taylor etc then foreign boys that have been around the world at loads of different clubs with a bit of a splash of young players coming through...There are one or two very decent players but not many

Youve got a boy who scored 1 in 3 for Hibs in our league ripping up the scoring charts in that league

Doesnt make for bad games but need to recognise the level I think...

Im going to be controversial I think! I actually quite enjoy the games but being honest its, in the main, journeymen players, Keogh, Derbyshire, Gordon, Dorrans, Steven Taylor etc then foreign boys that have been around the world at loads of different clubs with a bit of a splash of young players coming through...There are one or two very decent players but not many

Youve got a boy who scored 1 in 3 for Hibs in our league ripping up the scoring charts in that league

Doesnt make for bad games but need to recognise the level I think...
Mate it’s a hugely enjoying, everyone knows the standard isn’t great but that’s what makes it so entertaining!.

Just end to end stuff.

Mate it’s a hugely enjoying, everyone knows the standard isn’t great but that’s what makes it so entertaining!.

Just end to end stuff.

Ach I'm there with that, like a little bet on goals etc and definitely delivers on those! (probably just set up 2 x 0-0's for tomorrow morning now!)

Back