Austria Vienna... should we be beating them?

Not to be a doom and gloom merchant but prior to Villareal match I'm sure I said I fancied 1 point from the 6. I'm sticking by that and hoping to be proven massively wrong.

I just think the pressure may get to them. Draw at best.

Every time we've played Rapid Vienna we have beaten them in competitive matches, 3/3, which gives me hope.

Outwith the ridiculous gaffe in the OP, I'd say it's absolutely on a knife edge. They are a very hit and miss team. We gave them a battering at Ibrox and Villarreal stuffed them 5-0, however in their other three games they got a goalless draw with the bananamen and done the double over Spartak.

Tbh, I'd say we are a better team. If we take our chances and keep eleven men on the field, I'd be expecting us to win in a win or bust situation. I'm quietly confident of being in the draw for the next round.

I don’t think it only comes down to wages and transfer fees. We’ve rebuilt the team a few times in recent years and SG has done well to put this one together as quickly. There’s a lot to be said for a squad built over years with certain positions being strengthened or tweaked which makes the job SG done with this team even better. But it does show inconsistencies.

Back