Away CCCS

MosesMcNeil99

Wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the way the CCCS works if you’ve signed up for away games? This is my first year on it and I’m assuming there’s no points system and it’s just a random allocation of 4 or so away games?

Wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the way the CCCS works if you’ve signed up for away games? This is my first year on it and I’m assuming there’s no points system and it’s just a random allocation of 4 or so away games?

It’s a ballot for every game mate. Once you get a ticket you are removed from the next ballot and so on until everyone in the scheme has had one. Then everyone back in.

It’s a system that needs reviewed imo but equally it comes with the territory of having the biggest best traveling support in Europe.

It’s a ballot for every game mate. Once you get a ticket you are removed from the next ballot and so on until everyone in the scheme has had one. Then everyone back in.

It’s a system that needs reviewed imo but equally it comes with the territory of having the biggest best traveling support in Europe.
Thanks for that mate. So you’re really no more or less likely to get any game in theory. I do quite like that side of it selfishly haha. I do get tho that it doesn’t really reward loyalty I suppose

You will probably get 3 games if your lucky this season. No doubt membership has swelled since last years new Broomy ST holders are now eligible and reductions in both Celtic and Kilmarnock games have fecked everything up!

Thanks for that mate. So you’re really no more or less likely to get any game in theory. I do quite like that side of it selfishly haha. I do get tho that it doesn’t really reward loyalty I suppose

Correct. Some clubs such as St Johnstone Livi and Motherwell will release extra tickets in the fortnight leading up to a game if home sales are poor. These are first come first served though.

I wouldn’t have a points system either as it would turn it into a ‘closed shop’ due to our numbers, plus see for the guys that go every single week on buses and the like, the majority still get a ticket for every game anyway or certainly just about every game.

I would like to see the games categorised though. On current system you could have someone getting Dundee, Hamilton, Livi etc with your mate getting The Scum, Diet Scum and Sheep Shagging Scum.

I know our staunch posters will criticise me for that as we are ‘they’re to see Rangers, not those bastards’ but the reality is, some games are ‘bigger’ than others and that should be reflected in away allocations.

A lot of new season ticket holders will be able to sign up this year so less available this year I think . My advice if people want away tickets is join a supporters bus .

Parkhead, Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Easter Road are 'Category A' away games, sort of.

If you get allocated one of these venues, you won't get another one in the same season. But you're not guaranteed to get one of them in a season, there are too many people on the scheme.

Last season I got Pittodrie on the opening day.

Tin hat on.

Maybe you could only have 1 chance per ballot of an away ticket?

If you are in a supporters club you can either get one through that or your own individual ticket. Not 2 bites at the cherry.

Categorising matches, as a previous poster put, could also be a way to look at it.

I’m hoping to sign up next season as this my first season with a season ticket. There’s pros and cons of the system. Pros are it’s giving mostly everyone a chance of going to an away game. Cons are it doesn’t reward loyalty and you can sometimes get unlucky with some of the games you are picked for.

If a loyalty scheme is in place then it makes it near impossible for new members to be able to go to away games and it would be the same folk going to every game.

how does the friends and family part work? I’m currently linked with my mate who I sit beside but he has not ticked the box for away tickets. My other mate who I don’t sit next to is on it and I’d sit with him. But if I add him to my friends and family - is there any way to differentiate between away games and cup games at hampden?

how does the friends and family part work? I’m currently linked with my mate who I sit beside but he has not ticked the box for away tickets. My other mate who I don’t sit next to is on it and I’d sit with him. But if I add him to my friends and family - is there any way to differentiate between away games and cup games at hampden?
2 different schemes, if there is 2 of you on away scheme, then you will both get tickets together if allocated. If there is 3 if you on the semi finals/finals scheme then all 3 of you will get tickets together if succesful in the ballot

Parkhead, Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Easter Road are 'Category A' away games, sort of.

If you get allocated one of these venues, you won't get another one in the same season. But you're not guaranteed to get one of them in a season, there are too many people on the scheme.

That’s definitely incorrect mate. I know guys that got more than one of these. There are posters on here that did too. That’s exactly the reason I think games SHOULD be categorised.

2 different schemes, if there is 2 of you on away scheme, then you will both get tickets together if allocated. If there is 3 if you on the semi finals/finals scheme then all 3 of you will get tickets together if succesful in the ballot

Also worth noting that everyone in your group doesn’t automatically get one too. Sometimes only one or two within a group are allocated.

That’s definitely incorrect mate. I know guys that got more than one of these. There are posters on here that did too. That’s exactly the reason I think games SHOULD be categorised.
Going based on what Greg Marshall posted on here. I don't know anyone who got more than 1 of those grounds via the away scheme last season.

Going based on what Greg Marshall posted on here. I don't know anyone who got more than 1 of those grounds via the away scheme last season.

Unless folk are talking pish then bud. Ive said it’s incorrect but in fairness I certainly don’t know it for a fact either, just going on what others have said.

Defo incorrect, mate of mine was allocated both Hibs and Hearts.

Guys just on it have to sell there ticket for face value in the TO on here if you get tickets for the sheep hibs hearts or St pats.
Rulz

so if you get one ticket next season

thats you till the following season

Tin hat on.

Maybe you could only have 1 chance per ballot of an away ticket?

If you are in a supporters club you can either get one through that or your own individual ticket. Not 2 bites at the cherry.

Categorising matches, as a previous poster put, could also be a way to look at it.
unfair on the RSC that needs tickets to function

plus "two bites at the cherry" sounds familiar

Cheers OP, I’m in the same boat.
I will email the club directly but does anyone know if there is a way to ‘opt-out’ of certain games? Going to visit family in Australia so wouldn’t be able to take any tickets on offer in December.

Signed up for the away scheme for the first time, only expecting a couple of games.

Are some away games easier to get tickets for at the ground? Managed it at Tynecastle the other month but not sure about other grounds.

unfair on the RSC that needs tickets to function

plus "two bites at the cherry" sounds familiar
The work that goes into RSCs seems lost by a lot as I know the work you, @steincolin and my own sonfir example.

We rated those that travel regardless and I know that for the glassy running to the Piggery when a lot wouldn’t have

Alot will sign up now due to fact youll only get around 4 a season

Alot of folk couldnt afford or attend every away game so would not sign up, but alot (not myself) will sign up because its a low risk way of possibly getting big away days such as parkhead and they will just sell the game they dont want.

Due to work im not on away scheme but it defo needs looked at again.

Alot will sign up now due to fact youll only get around 4 a season

Alot of folk couldnt afford or attend every away game so would not sign up, but alot (not myself) will sign up because its a low risk way of possibly getting big away days such as parkhead and they will just sell the game they dont want.

Due to work im not on away scheme but it defo needs looked at again.
does need looked at, big time mate

I honestly don’t know any solution to this. The sheer numbers mean that demand outstrips supply. There is no solution people will always be disappointed

I will email the club directly but does anyone know if there is a way to ‘opt-out’ of certain games? Going to visit family in Australia so wouldn’t be able to take any tickets on offer in December.
You’re allowed 2 opt out games per season on the away scheme.But I would happily take any tickets you don’t want for my RSC.

I wouldn’t bother.

Take your chances.

I’m sure @Empire tried to do the right thing with Motherwell last season and returned it due to holiday - then to be told, it counted towards his allocation anyway.

Fu(k that. While the system is a shambles, I’d take the risk and hope you’re holiday doesn’t coincide with a game.

If you’re away for 2 weeks, chance is about 88% in your favour that it won’t clash with a game you get picked for.

I wouldn’t bother.

Take your chances.

I’m sure @Empire tried to do the right thing with Motherwell last season and returned it due to holiday - then to be told, it counted towards his allocation anyway.

Fu(k that. While the system is a shambles, I’d take the risk and hope you’re holiday doesn’t coincide with a game.

If you’re away for 2 weeks, chance is about 88% in your favour that it won’t clash with a game you get picked for.

Yeah well remembered bro.

I got allocated one however it would have arrived at my house the day after I left for holiday and the game was the following weekend and nobody could have got it.

Spoke to the ticket office and asked them to just reallocate it to someone who was unsuccessful which they did but as you said, it counted as me having one allocated to me.

Basically if you are a member of an RSC and on the CCCS you have 2 chances at a ticket.

I understand RSC's are important but is that fair?

Basically if you are a member of an RSC and on the CCCS you have 2 chances at a ticket.

I’ve debated this countless times on here but I don’t think it will change. I agree if you are on the away CCCS through your own season ticket and have your season ticket registered with an RSC to increase their Cat rating yiu shouldn’t be allowed to join the away CCCS as an individual.

You either chose to get one through your RSC or individually.

More than fair. When we were shite and playing in the lower league teams RSCs took massive hits with several unsold tickets for each game.

Additionally, RSC allocations are pretty low and nowhere near enough to go around as it is.

Too many seem to take our RSCs for granted.

I really wish we went back to the old way

Start of the season you are given the games and payment dates, then post split your given them.

The amount of times the last couple of years you get an email on the friday with the cash to be out the Monday/Tuesday is unreal.

I also agree with Empire re RSC + CCCS, I can actually see in the future it being CCCS only and RSC Allocations stopping altogether for a variation of reasons which IMO would be the best outcome.

And before any RSC guys start on me, I ran and still help a RSC out, just my opinion.

I really wish we went back to the old way

Start of the season you are given the games and payment dates, then post split your given them.

The amount of times the last couple of years you get an email on the friday with the cash to be out the Monday/Tuesday is unreal.

I also agree with Empire re RSC + CCCS, I can actually see in the future it being CCCS only and RSC Allocations stopping altogether for a variation of reasons which IMO would be the best outcome.

And before any RSC guys start on me, I ran and still help a RSC out, just my opinion.
Agreed.

When the fixtures are released, you should have 48 hours to confirm your proposed away allocations per club.

These are the fixed for the entire season.

That info is then publicly shared.

Rangers then, as an example, should then categorise the games; A,B & C - like they do home games.

The away club then does a ballot based on the registered CCCS and RSC allocations.

That ballot should be tiered: you all go into Cat A, they pull the tickets. Everyone gets the same chance.

If you get Cat A, you then miss the draw for Cat B. Successful B, then misses C. This is repeated in reverse order, should their be any tickets left.

Albeit not here regularly, I think last season, I must have had only pulled Cat C games.

Devil's dick advocaat. Why do you think it's fair?

I drive to Ibrox and park in the Albion so the club gets an extra £250 a year from me for that

Why should I not have as much access to away tickets as you do?

I'm not having a go at RSC'S at all here they are wonderful but I think with the demand for away tickets it's not right that some folk get double the chances cos they choose to travel on a bus.

Of course it’s fair. We take tickets others wouldn’t and at times run at a loss to transport people.

You’ll find the vast majority that get tickets go every week

Back