Away CCCS

Devil's dick advocaat. Why do you think it's fair?

I drive to Ibrox and park in the Albion so the club gets an extra £250 a year from me for that

Why should I not have as much access to away tickets as you do?

I'm not having a go at RSC'S at all here they are wonderful but I think with the demand for away tickets it's not right that some folk get double the chances cos they choose to travel on a bus.
Kanye, you already know why

we are the fairest way of distribution of away tickets, you need to attend the smaller and also pointless fixtures to get the chance to attend bigger away games domestically.

Every new season its a thicker grip on the tickets for away games as it is.

I really wish we went back to the old way

Start of the season you are given the games and payment dates, then post split your given them.

The amount of times the last couple of years you get an email on the friday with the cash to be out the Monday/Tuesday is unreal.

I also agree with Empire re RSC + CCCS, I can actually see in the future it being CCCS only and RSC Allocations stopping altogether for a variation of reasons which IMO would be the best outcome.

And before any RSC guys start on me, I ran and still help a RSC out, just my opinion.

Doubt it ...

I’m hoping to sign up next season as this my first season with a season ticket. There’s pros and cons of the system. Pros are it’s giving mostly everyone a chance of going to an away game. Cons are it doesn’t reward loyalty and you can sometimes get unlucky with some of the games you are picked for.

If a loyalty scheme is in place then it makes it near impossible for new members to be able to go to away games and it would be the same folk going to every game.
No offense mate but IMO it should be capped and a waiting list to get in - you get in once someone leaves, otherwise we’ll end up with hardy any tickets each

3 Mac was 4 last season so increased number could see it 2/3
That was with a couple of Kilmarnock games when we had both stands, 2 cup games and a league game with both stands. Now that is cut, could seriously be looking at 2 max. I had 6 two years ago, 4 last season and looking like 1 or 2 next season.

If that ever happened the backlash would be unreal

The only way they can feasibly do that is if a travel club type away scheme is implemented - can’t see it happening.

However, wouldn’t be surprised if RSC allocation is cut to 20% or 25%

That was with a couple of Kilmarnock games when we had both stands, 2 cup games and a league game with both stands. Now that is cut, could seriously be looking at 2 max. I had 6 two years ago, 4 last season and looking like 1 or 2 next season.

There’ll be drop outs but definitely think it’ll be 2 away tickets tops unless we get a few away cup ties

The only way they can feasibly do that is if a travel club type away scheme is implemented - can’t see it happening.

However, wouldn’t be surprised if RSC allocation is cut to 20% or 25%

SR said it wont be happening last time the RSCWG met with him

SR said it wont be happening last time the RSCWG met with him

Numbers on the away scheme are probably at a record high, coupled with celtic and killie allocations being cut.

It’s already a nightmare getting buses on the road but can honestly see them cutting it.

You will probably get 3 games if your lucky this season. No doubt membership has swelled since last years new Broomy ST holders are now eligible and reductions in both Celtic and Kilmarnock games have fecked everything up!
Thats what a reckon only 3 this season was told membership went from 11k to 14k this season

The main take from this is our demand is too high and we will never please everyone.
the points need to be put forward -

RSC's are the best distribution for it, via a points system for attendance through the bus or another method of travel with the RSC to the fixture.

CCS alone - waiting game and if you cant be bothered you pass it on
( unless its Celtic of course )

" the demand talk " for me is just a distraction from the facts

Numbers on the away scheme are probably at a record high, coupled with celtic and killie allocations being cut.

It’s already a nightmare getting buses on the road but can honestly see them cutting it.
On this last I heard they are pushing for the 5% ?

Yeah I can see that also I’m lucky to be in the position that only game I missed last season was Celtic in March due to RSC, and knowing people in hospitality but it’s a struggle and numbers are simply too big

the points need to be put forward -

RSC's are the best distribution for it, via a points system for attendance through the bus or another method of travel with the RSC to the fixture.

CCS alone - waiting game and if you cant be bothered you pass it on
( unless its Celtic of course )

" the demand talk " for me is just a distraction from the facts

The vast majority of fans are not in RSC's so it isn't the best distribution for it. You can't say that.

The CCCS isn't perfect either but I'm not sure what else can be done to improve the whole thing.

It's an emotive issue and a minefield for the club.

The vast majority of fans are not in RSC's so it isn't the best distribution for it. You can't say that.

The CCCS isn't perfect either but I'm not sure what else can be done to improve the whole thing.

Difference between the majority of fans and the fans that actively attend away fixtures though.

RSCs on it provide the best distribution method

The club were looking at introducing a fee for joining the Away CCCS. Not sure when or if it’s happening. They feel that would take away some of the numbers. Their words, not mine.

Also agree that RSC’s are not the best way of distributing tickets. There is no traceability of who tickets go to. RSC’s shouldnt be ever in a position of playing god as to who gets tickets or not. That should be the club and the club only.

Difference between the majority of fans and the fans that actively attend away fixtures though.

RSCs on it provide the best distribution method

Sorry, I respect your opinion on things as someone who runs an RSC but that is nonsense. You are only looking after your own interest which is a natural stance to take and not the wider fan base who don’t use RSC’s and are in the CCCS/Away CCCS.

The club were looking at introducing a fee for joining the Away CCCS. Not sure when or if it’s happening. They feel that would take away some of the numbers. Their words, not mine.

Also agree that RSC’s are not the best way of distributing tickets. There is no traceability of who tickets go to. RSC’s shouldnt be ever in a position of playing god as to who gets tickets or not. That should be the club and the club only.
Speaking from my own RSC we work on a point system that rewards those that go week in week out obviously respect all may not work that way but I’d imagine most do.

It is a subject that’ll never get everyone agreein 100% though

Speaking from my own RSC we work on a point system that rewards those that go week in week out obviously respect all may not work that way but I’d imagine most do.

It is a subject where nobody will ever all agree which is why blanket statements like yours about RSC's being the best distribution isn't helpful.

Sounds like you have a well run RSC where your tickets go to the right people. I believe you but there's absolutely nothing to prove that is the case for you or any others.

Of course mate, that’s probably likely but it’s not always going to be the case.

As others have said, the scheme is stretched and its never going to please everyone unfortunately.

Imo sc don't get enough of the % of away tickets. We like other sc work on a points system so the right people are getting the tickets.most of our tickets for away games come from people who are on the cccs (not members of a sc) but have ticket the box in hope of a celtic or Aberdeen ticket but end up with St Johnstone or livingstone and are not interested in going yet we are struggling for tickets for our members who go week in week out.

Sorry, I respect your opinion on things as someone who runs an RSC but that is nonsense. You are only looking after your own interest and not the wider fan base who don’t use RSC’s and are in the Away CCCS

Not really

If I suddenly stopped attending games for what ever reason they maybe, by rules I go down the list but even I know RSC's still remain to this day the best method of distribution.

RSC's dont get a fare whack as it stands and CCS does not help the RSC's unless their members or friends get tickets through it.

It is a subject where nobody will ever all agree which is why blanket statements like yours about RSC's being the best distribution isn't helpful.

Sounds like you have a well run RSC where your tickets go to the right people. I believe you but there's absolutely nothing to prove that is the case for you or any others.

If Rangers gave RSC's maximum of the tickets we can easily provide this RE Name & Season ticket number ...but Rangers dont so its pointless just now

That’s a handful of guys on my RSC who signed up to away cccs yet on the confirmation it says they didnt sign up for it.

The ticket office are a disgrace at times

Our RSC operates in a similar way however that still has problems. The first away game last year was Aberdeen away. We had around 30 members in the ballot for tickets who didn't get one through the CCCS and only 6 tickets to be distributed. The 6 that were then chosen in the ballot got the points and then were able to stay ahead of everyone else as they were pretty much guaranteed tickets for the rest of the games apart from Celtic. Those who weren't able then really struggled for the rest of the season as they were always behind on points, just because they missed out on the ballot for the first game.

That’s a handful of guys on my RSC who signed up to away cccs yet on the confirmation it says they didnt sign up for it.

The ticket office are a disgrace at times

Same thing happened to my mrs. Signed up to all except friendlies and on the confirmation says she signed up to none. Yet she had an email confirming that she'd already updated her card details.

For those that run a points based system RSC - are the points reset to 0 at the start of each season ? If you apply and are unsuccessful do you get a point ?

For those that run a points based system RSC - are the points reset to 0 at the start of each season ? If you apply and are unsuccessful do you get a point ?

Points set at zero start of season. Point if you apply for away game but are unsuccessful. Point if you have been allocated ticket through cccs but can’t make game and give ticket to bus. Firstly though you have to join a scheme where you have to pay bus money for every home game whether you make it or not before you are elegible for applying for away games. This seems to work for us. I’m sure there are one or two other rules but can’t recall just now.

Season before is taken into account so it’s fairer, we’ve had guys work their way up by getting sorted themselves/going to smaller games

Know guys on numerous RSC who are the same

Same thing happened to my mrs. Signed up to all except friendlies and on the confirmation says she signed up to none. Yet she had an email confirming that she'd already updated her card details.

Same happened to me, One email to TO and he sent me the form and it is sorted.

The issue with the away scheme now is that because there’s such large numbers on it, there’s no real reason not to sign up. You’ll get 3/4 tickets a season so not too expensive, plus you’ll always be able to sell a ticket if you can’t make it.

I’m convinced the numbers will grow the next couple seasons again, at which point the club will need to address it. Otherwise most season ticket holders will be signed up and we’ll all get 1 game a season :D

I can only really speak from my experiences, and maybe it is I am getting old and cranky as hell.

Our RSC nearly died 2014ish, we ran about 3 buses home and away, because folk stopped going.

Up until last season we were limping along, when last season we managed to get buses to all home games and a few away games.

Obviously 2014-2017ish we never actually took any tickets for RSC because we couldn't even get a bus together, having never taken one off the bus it didn't really affect me, and I was on CCCS from 2005 or so (might have been Helicopter sunday) and between 2012 and 2017 I probably made a fair % of away games with only a few not coming from cccs, so I was going to Stirling, Brechin etc etc, the same as lots of others.

Now our bus is busy again with the same members who stopped going, who are now probably getting more from the RSC allocation than I do from the CCCS, So where is the loyalty from the club.

Having moved away I am on the bus maybe 3 times a season so I am not complaining per se about the RSC way of handling it, but I think the club need to regulate or see who gets the tickets, only way of doing that is a points based CCCS system.

Tell me this, 2015-16 I was at I would say 20-22 away games including cups, taken from CCCS apart from 1 ticket I can remember , 2016-2017 probably roughly the same.
I have no idea 2012-2015 but id wager 75% of away games.

This season I got 4 away games. 4.

So back then , 2012-2017 what happened with RSC'S, Were they like ours and stopped taking tickets? Did they take a lot less? Did the club reduce allocations (serious question I don't know, as we just stopped registering.

The club should IMO have an CCCS scheme which like F+F incorporates RSC Members

i.e 30 tickets go to CCCS applicants who have Paisley Loyal marked as RSC.

I dunno, but something needs done, as the amount CCCS are giving out is getting to a joke stage, I am lucky I know folk who can generally get me tickets if I need them, but others can't, others aren't in RSC's and others are getting let down by the club despite keeping the scheme going for years.

I can see both sides of it having helped run a RSC, and being on the other side of it.

Our RSC operates in a similar way however that still has problems. The first away game last year was Aberdeen away. We had around 30 members in the ballot for tickets who didn't get one through the CCCS and only 6 tickets to be distributed. The 6 that were then chosen in the ballot got the points and then were able to stay ahead of everyone else as they were pretty much guaranteed tickets for the rest of the games apart from Celtic. Those who weren't able then really struggled for the rest of the season as they were always behind on points, just because they missed out on the ballot for the first game.

Might be a suggestion for you to allocate those who applied but were unsuccessful, a point too? That’s the way the travel club does it

Back