Away Fans : Has it had an impact ?

Undoubtedly made an impact. Twice they have now failed to function as a team and the atmosphere we have created (with no return from that mob) has played a huge part imo. That's not taking away from the huge performances from the players in the two games.

It's made a difference at Ibrox, Callum McGregor even said so.

They used to come out the tunnel, turn to the Broomloan and see a sea of green and shite. Now all they see and hear is our support - the way it should be.

180 minutes at Ibrox this season and we've not heard a peep from their support. That transpires on the park and obviously has an affect.

It's made a difference at Ibrox, Callum McGregor even said so.

They used to come out the tunnel, turn to the Broomloan and see a sea of green and shite. Now all they see and hear is our support - the way it should be.

180 minutes at Ibrox this season and we've not heard a peep from their support. That transpires on the park and obviously has an affect.

I knew it would made a difference. I’d love to know how it felt for them.

From my seat, seeing the Bouncy is amazing, when the full Govan Rear gets going it really is a special moment. Caught up with us after the Copland.

It might have started in the Copland and went back to the UB. :)
Looking round from the BR. It was an outstanding sight. I did sit back and say, ‘yes, we are back’. No doubt about it.

We won’t win everything but normal service is being resumed

The most important advantage for us is on the pitch, as they have seemed to bottle it without their mhanky hordes. Booting the filth out the Broomloan was a pure masterstroke, a long time in coming but worth the wait. But the whole Ibrox area that's mhanky free now, apart from the small away section and the road in, Asda, KFC, McDonalds mostly vermin free as well.

Certainly with the mentally challengeds it has but there was nearly 8 thousand of them in the broomie if not at least that with how easy it would’ve been to juke in.

But outwith the Celtic game in December, we lost to Aberdeen, drew with Hibs. Cutting their allocations never helped but we should never ever give them that much tickets back ever again and this comes from somebody who goes to home and away games.

The tactics at the weekend were spot on.
You had some of the crowd going nuts because we weren’t chasing them down like headless chickens.
We sat back when their CB had the ball, then when it moved to either FB or into midfield that’s when we pressed and it worked superbly, they couldn’t play through us & there wasn’t space in behind to exploit or down the channels. It was a tactical master stroke imo

There was one bit where they had a throw in down near our box and we harried them that much that they ended up going backwards eventually passing the ball to their keeper. Brilliant tactics, the club is in good hands.

Torture. They (Liewell) will be thinking of a way to try and get the allocation changed.

And i quote from a certain someone, could be reissued....

“The strong safety and security advice from the police, which is supported by our own security team, is that we should continue with the present arrangement as this is the safest allocation of tickets from a segregation point of view.

“And, most importantly, it is the basis upon which we have been awarded our Safety Certificate.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...eltic-broomloan-stand-old-firm-derby-tickets/

I’d actually take it further and put them in a spot where they can’t be seen on TV.

I’d tuck them away in the West Enclosure right at the end section of the stand, which isn’t line with the pitch.

I’d surround them with netting and confiscate all their flags and drums etc.

“The strong safety and security advice from the police, which is supported by our own security team, is that we should continue with the present arrangement as this is the safest allocation of tickets from a segregation point of view.

“And, most importantly, it is the basis upon which we have been awarded our Safety Certificate.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...eltic-broomloan-stand-old-firm-derby-tickets/

You think King would go back to the old way ?

Why on earth would he ? It’s cheaper to police, safer , and better for our team with the new system .

I would say the current arrangement is the safest allocation. No trouble in the ground, not a peep from the mentally challengeds and zero antagonisng of the home support (we can't hear them).
Less grey and white hoops around the ground and vicinity.
What's not to like......unless you are a mentally challenged!

It also puts an end to the myth that they couldn't be moved for safety concerns.

You can't see them and you certainly f*cking can't hear them.

I've heard more noise from the sheep and edinburgh thaigs.
Was thinking that myself that Aberdeen and Hibs made more noise with the same numbers, but difference is the Rangers fans are more up for it in the Ceptic games and there was hardly a quiet period where they could have made themselves heard.

Getting back to the way it should be - even when crowds were split 50/50 the Rangers fans usually came out on top.

If we could do it against Celtic with a full broomie, why couldn't we do it against Aberdeen or Hibs. The old firm takes on a whole new meaning to a game.

Imagine what last Sunday would have been like if they still had the Broomloan?
Best away fans were Rapid and look how the team and Bears responded?
I was over in Feb. for St, Johnstone game and it was polar opposite to Rapid game.
United we stand,divided we fall.

Question

Do you think our team is good enough to have beaten Celtic at home twice if they had the full Brommy.

We bossed the 2nd half at the piggery with 10 men for most of the game with only 800 fans.

Fortress Ibrox, as it should be I always figure 19 home games, 17 wins maybe 2 draws no losses is the minimum for us. I'm being optimistic however that's my home aim.

Although I was 100% behind the whole campaign to remove the fhilth from the Broomie and am over the moon at its success I felt a lot of sympathy for our away support,I am really interested how some of them feel about the situation if they have came round a bit to it or still feel It has been the wrong decision.

Last edited:
the management are the ones that should take the credit for the Celtc victories as they took the Sh*te for the points loss in games against Kilmarnock and Aberdeen , to say the fans were the factor ( yes we play a part ) for 2 celtc victories does that mean its the fans fault dropping points in the league to the above teams i've mentioned and dumped out of the cups by the sheep........

if the fans are taking credit maybe we should take some of the blame

When it comes to Hamilton if they survive, could we not give the away Fans a Box up in hospitality, and let more Bears in! LOL
I think they could quite easily be accommodated in a small corner of the club deck. I've been their when we used to accommodate groups of away fans for Champion's league games.

Have to admit I was against it being cut that much, as I would prefer us to have a bigger presence at the Theatre of Shame. However when opposition players (McGregor) are openly talking about it and others (Lustig) are visibly terrified, it’s hard to argue against.

Bigger picture is it’s helped the team, which should ultimately be the end game for any Bear.

I think it’ll be a good wee while b4 either team wins an away OF match bcos of the fan no.s now

The comparison is hilarious you had our 800 singing their hearts out constantly at the Giro dome at parts but when they come to Ibrox they just stand there realising that’s another 50 quid down the drain.

Best thing we ever did. We really should not bow down to the Timmy press trying to tell us the atmosphere has suffered because of it. The games this season Ibrox has been bouncing and we’ve hear nothing from them.

Best thing we could have done, Papasmurf deserves a lot of credit in the change that came about, and all those, who, backed his stance.

Through some contacts I was lucky enough to have @Papasmurf and I were very lucky to enlist the backing of some 'big names' close to the board.

You could say our pincer movement gave DK the confidence to make the decision - which in fairness was ultimately his.

He deserves huge credit, as does SR TBH.

@jf1960 .... shed a few myself watching the Broomie bouncing. Halcyon days are coming back to Ibrox.

Last edited:
I always knew they were a shit support but even I have honestly been surprised at their complete open mouthed silence at Ibrox this season.

I think we often underestimate how loud Ibrox can be when at full 100% intimidation mode.

It will hopefully be a very unpleasant experience for their players, especially those who are not used to it.

Massive impact and long may it continue!
Agree and their placemen have been rolling out then”Hope this is sorted for next season” pish.One of best thing the directors have done for this club.They their hatred and bigotry are not needed or missed.Broomie for Bears only fu*k them and what they want.I’d be very disappointed if this changed back to before just to appease those rheptiles.

A masterstroke, and long overdue. To see Ibrox rocking whilst 800 stood silent in the shade is how it should be.

Was it just me though that thought pre-match Sky had concocted some bizarre camera angle in a desperate attempt to make it look like there was an even split of fans?

It was a low level shot looking over the heads of bears in the Broomie towards their shaded prison.

It really fu@#ing annoyed me. Still is too!

It’s been a fantastic change. An OF game at Ibrox is now simply all about the Rangers, they are reduced to the role of nobodies, pretty much how they were throughout their history prior to Stein

Players and fans obviously have a symbiotic relationship. However, we have won primarily due to desire and tactics. Rewind back to April 2011 and Stokes' dive into Davis to fraudently win a penalty. 8k of that mob screaming for a penalty that should never have been given and getting it. As I live overseas, I can only judge based on RangersTV coverage, but I haven't heard a terrorist-worshipping peep from that mob in 180 minutes. Long may it continue!

Not a peep was heard from them at either match as well. At least from the mainstand. I suppose if you were close to them in the Broomloan or Govan , it might have been different but St Mirren have been louder.

Back