Away Fans : Has it had an impact ?

Baillie1872

Ok so obviously on field things have much improved. We have a better system and better players.

Last year we lost 7 games at Ibrox in comparison to only 1 this season. Celtic this season haven't turned up at Ibrox, we have completely bossed them. I for one think that taking the Broomie back for OF games has had a massive impact when we play them. Just interested if anyone else thinks this has contributed to our dominance on Ibrox OF games.

The players are much better this season. That's the biggest factor.

However, putting an end the bi-annual IRAoke has been a massive lift for all. It's really given us the home "advantage", not unlike that which the scum have enjoyed since Murray allowed our fans to be shunted into a wee shitey corner at the piggery

They have f*cking shat the bed twice now at Ibrox whilst we have competed with them and held our own with 10 men at their pig sty.

It's made a massive difference and long may it continue.

They were too much of a focal point at games in our stadium, now they are treated just like any other team and papped in the corner as it should be.

Last edited:
Yes it has. Although it's only been 2 games, it looks like they cannot handle the change.

We on the other hand, although we lost the 2 games at their place, we should have won the 2nd game.

Even the first game at their shit-tip wasn't a walk over; if we'd been in Russia playing with 9 men a few days earlier, we'd have probably taken a point.

The biggest difference is undoubtedly the players and the manager's tactics, but there's no doubt the atmosphere has been very intimidating.

When we go there, only their pishy wee GB section sings, whereas the whole stadium, led by the UBs, is bouncing at Ibrox.

When Ibrox fancies it - the team respond and more often than not we get a big result.

Yes, we've had clubs with the usual allocations come here and get a result - but they're used to it and let's be honest, there's the expectation that we will just beat them anyway.

However, it's been a massive difference in the games against the poets this year. as has been said, they were too much of a focal point at Ibrox and we as a club gave them a massive advantage by giving them the full stand right behind the goal. When you play at your rivals and see a massive support literally at have your back - that's going to be a big boost.

It is no coincidence that since we took that away from them, they have struggled big time. Bears on their backs at every turn, their own fans are neutralised and we take advantage. 1-0 going on 5 in December and 2-0 going on 5 or 6 on Sunday past. We've also limited them to 2 clear shots at goal in that time - that's how significant their relocation has been.

We saw how they spat the dummy at the re-arrangements. They knew exactly what we were doing and the implications it would have for them. I can think of no other derby in the world where the home team gave their rivals such an advantage. They did the same to us back in 1996.

For what it's worth, I think we are better equipped going there than they will be coming to us for the next few games.

However, putting an end the bi-annual IRAoke has been a massive lift for all. It's really given us the home "advantage", not unlike that which the scum have enjoyed since Murray allowed our fans to be shunted into a wee shitey corner at the piggery

This pretty much sums it up.
We’ve not beat them because we have more fans, we’ve beat them because our players have improved but more importantly our mentality has improved, the fear isn’t there anymore when we play them. Even away from home they have a spell of dominance and then we come into it & on both occasions I’d say we’ve been terribly unlucky to not leave with a point at least

The biggest difference is undoubtedly the players and the manager's tactics, but there's no doubt the atmosphere has been very intimidating.

When we go there, only their pishy wee GB section sings, whereas the whole stadium, led by the UBs, is bouncing at Ibrox.

The tactics at the weekend were spot on.
You had some of the crowd going nuts because we weren’t chasing them down like headless chickens.
We sat back when their CB had the ball, then when it moved to either FB or into midfield that’s when we pressed and it worked superbly, they couldn’t play through us & there wasn’t space in behind to exploit or down the channels. It was a tactical master stroke imo

I think it spooked them big time at Ibrox.as others have suggested our players handled the opposite case at the piggery a lot better.as others have pointed out even when we had 7.5k at the piggery we were stuck in the corner largely out of sight.

You had some of the crowd going nuts because we weren’t chasing them down like headless chickens.
We sat back when their CB had the ball, then when it moved to either FB or into midfield that’s when we pressed and it worked superbly, they couldn’t play through us & there wasn’t space in behind to exploit or down the channels. It was a tactical master stroke imo

100% spot on mate.

It has been a massive success reducing their away allocation. An irrelevance in the corner just the way it should be for all of our rivals in the league. Not hearing them has been very pleasant and to be honest when in full voice their team absolutely shite themselves.

Remember we are a new club in their eyes so they ain't any different to any other Glasgow based side so can't command 7.5k tickets ;)

Ok so obviously on field things have much improved. We have a better system and better players.

Last year we lost 7 games at Ibrox in comparison to only 1 this season. Celtic this season haven't turned up at Ibrox, we have completely bossed them. I for one think that taking the Broomie back for OF games has had a massive impact when we play them. Just interested if anyone else thinks this has contributed to our dominance on Ibrox OF games.

Take your point, that doesn't explain the other defeats last season not happening.
Better players/management is more likely, imo.

I'll be honest I was annoyed at the game for not pressing them high up. But after looking back over the game I agree with you. Was genius.

It was twice a year!
Never ever ever allow them more than the 800

If they had more fans for the games it would've just been more fans from their end putting them under pressure as we skelped them. We know from last season that sometimes your own fans can weigh you down.

I'll be honest I was annoyed at the game for not pressing them high up. But after looking back over the game I agree with you. Was genius.
Ajer is ok with the ball, Simunovic is useless.
It also meant Brown was crowded & couldn’t dictate the tempo for them and players like Rogic got zero space in dangerous areas.

We also generally
Take your point, that doesn't explain the other defeats last season not happening.
Better players/management is more likely, imo.
Specifically we left Hayes free a lot c and soon as he got the ball we hunted it down and either won ball back or resume forcing them to play across their defence

Both games this year we have players differently against them either constantly pressed high or pressed in the right areas which is going to make them think how we play against them going fwd

Players and fans obviously have a symbiotic relationship. However, we have won primarily due to desire and tactics. Rewind back to April 2011 and Stokes' dive into Davis to fraudently win a penalty. 8k of that mob screaming for a penalty that should never have been given and getting it. As I live overseas, I can only judge based on RangersTV coverage, but I haven't heard a terrorist-worshipping peep from that mob in 180 minutes. Long may it continue!

Yes it has. Although it's only been 2 games, it looks like they cannot handle the change.

We on the other hand, although we lost the 2 games at their place, we should have won the 2nd game.
Its a pleasure not having to listen to or look at the baying mob of tramps when watching the match on tv. Long may it continue.

As mentioned previously, the fact we were jammed into the corner and behind the cameras was always a disadvantage. All we've done is level the playing field. Actually, if there was a way to stick them over by the Enclosure corner flag, i'd prefer that.

It's the same reason i'd prefer we moved the Union Bears/Blue Order (or whatever they're called :)) into the section where the away fans sit - visibility.

Popcorn teeth even admitted, they couldn't communicate with the noise on Sunday. In the past, they had every opportunity to as loud (geographically) as 1/4 of our stadium. Great move to reduce their allocation.

Love it love it lots and lots.

It's pretty good! Purdy gooood.

First and foremost it’s the team that’s improved but the old allocation gave them a lift, physiologically it was good for them to see a full stand right behind the goal.

Their fans loved it, their players fed off it and it gave them an advantage we didn’t enjoy at the piggery. Now it’s gone they are struggle to cope.

My mate (cel’ic fan, I know unstaunch) said he doesn’t see either winning away now, I disagree I think we’ll win there next season!

Well done @George Goudie

They have f*cking shat the bed twice now at Ibrox whikst we have competed with them and held our own with 10 men at their pig sty.

It's made a massive difference and long may it continue.

They were too much of a focal point at games in our stadium, now they are treated just like any other team and papped in the corner as it should be.

Heard a conversation between 2 of the mhanks yesterday.
Gist of it was:

Mhank 1 "ye watch at on Sunday?"

Mhank 2 "aye was terrible, playerz shat it again"

Mhank 1 "ats at ticket allocation, since at wiz changed oor teems bottled it"

Mhank 2 "aye it iz, at needs changed back again, we never played like at wen we had mer fans er"

They know it has made a big difference to their teams attitude with very little backing from the mhank hordes.

Credit to @Papasmurf and all involved for bringing about this change.

Last edited:
that showers whole demeanour and body language in the 2 Ibrox games tells us all we need to know, they no longer have the comfort blanket of 7,500 c@nts at one whole end of our ground to protect them, some of them are petrified when playing at Ibrox ( lustig twice bottling out before half time and others hiding in plain sight), so those of us who through our weight behind papa"s campaign to slash their allocation are seeing its benefits in play now,,long may it continue to be so

Back