Away fans

We should be able to change positioning of away fans according to their numbers,Individual clubs should pre notify how many traveling fans they are bringing and that would allow us to allocate an area for them,Quite sure we have had away fans in C.D.7 at one time,
For that to really happen we need to ensure the away allocation is sold well in advance to allow us to accommodate them elsewhere mostly club only get the allocation 2 week in advance of the game itself if that

Wonder if small away allocations could be kept within the GW2 sections, allowing the club to move segregation further over at GF1 side and BF5 side
From the Broomloan side I think you can - there is metal barrier down the length of the stand in both but there is gap in the Broomloan side for access for the disable area?

Yeah the section probably did but that better than 25 in a section that holds 1100-1200 which is the current away section

Do you really think we house larger numbers in the Club Deck every game I don't
Selected fans,Saturday was embarrassing.

Selected fans,Saturday was embarrassing.
And do how decide which to pick and put up there and everything that goes around it

Agree that some clubs don't have have a great travelling support at Ibrox but might elsewhere as they know they can actually win that game so has a bearing

Alloa had supporters in the club deck in April 2016, last championship game of the season where we got the championship trophy

Incidentally I think it could be our biggest home attendance in years due to having no real segregation

Why can’t ross county/st Johnstone/killie do that?
UEFA dictate that we have to give up a certain % of premium seats and we’ve had Feyenoord fans etc up there in recent seasons without any incidents tmk.

Surely we can categorise teams based on numbers expected and police data. St Johnstone, Ross County and cup games against Stranraer etc could easily be accommodated in CD7.

The benefits are that there is nobody above them, it's an easy route out of the stadium in higher risk games, the segregation in turnstiles and concourses is very natural.

It's the easiest place to put them, so I totally understand why the club would stick with it.

Easiest isnt always the best.

I sometimes wonder if those in charge at Ibrox know the first thing about fan culture.

I'd bring in a simple rule...
Away clubs NEED to buy and bring 250 ( or whatever number that space takes) or you don't get to bring any fans at all. It's criminal having empty seats when we have fans looking for and waiting on season tickets.
You are absolutely spot on my friend. If they can’t provide minimum of 250 supporters then then these should be reallocated to our bears. No ifs no buts!

Its a waste that separation corner, having bears all the way round from BF1 to the Copland front would make the stadium more intimidating and create a better atmosphere imo.
Stick away fans somewhere else
Yeh carpark with 50 inch screen the 4 of them can watch from there

Charging 31 a ticket to opposition dross like st Johnstone is a bit ridiculous imo

Is it not what they charge us ? I’ll be damned if opposition fans pay less that what we are charged at mcdiarmid park

Is it not what they charge us ? I’ll be damned if opposition fans pay less that what we are charged at mcdiarmid park
That's why I laughed at their boycott.

Look the 20 quid ticket thing sounds lovely. But only if all clubs agreed to it, sounds like they want that price into Ibrox but no comments on what they charge us.

There might be a reason but why have away fans got such a good view at Ibrox? Looks terrible on tv seeing hundreds of empty seats on camera. Surely away fans should be in the crap seats in the wings of enclosure
Easy solution.
Move the cameras to Govan Stand.
Gantry is already there.

I love shit like this. Just random ill informed nonsense plucked out the air.

Serious question - do you know anything about TV production or the costs and logistics involved?
Not random shit , just a thought.

Forgot we had TV production experts on the forum.

So please explain the costs in detail - every day is a school day.

UEFA dictate that we have to give up a certain % of premium seats and we’ve had Feyenoord fans etc up there in recent seasons without any incidents tmk.

Surely we can categorise teams based on numbers expected and police data. St Johnstone, Ross County and cup games against Stranraer etc could easily be accommodated in CD7.

Hypothetical question.

If you have say 50-150 away fans in CD7 do they just openly mix with the home supporters?

Do the have their own bogs and access routes ?

If they do then the Rangers support in the rest of the stand have only one exit and reduced facilities.

If they don't it raises the possibility of trouble. Wouldn't be long before someone got a sore face in the bogs or on the way down the stairs.

Hypothetical question.

If you have say 50-150 away fans in CD7 do they just openly mix with the home supporters?

Do the have their own bogs and access routes ?

If they do then the Rangers support in the rest of the stand have only one exit and reduced facilities.

If they don't it raises the possibility of trouble. Wouldn't be long before someone got a sore face in the bogs or on the way down the stairs.
Test the waters with some low risk domestic games? We have shared the turnstiles and facilities with fans from all over Europe already.

Away fans should be allocated a section in the corner of the clubdeck.Any problematical ones should be seated 45 mins before kick off and leave 30 minutes after the game.Stick a row of cops and stewards between them or simply fence off the area.

Away fans should be allocated a section in the corner of the clubdeck.Any problematical ones should be seated 45 mins before kick off and leave 30 minutes after the game.Stick a row of cops and stewards between them or simply fence off the area.
Again - how do they get down to the concourses for food/drink/toilet and in/out the ground without mixing with bears?

Was in the West Enclosure not sure if that was same day there was trouble outside at the turnstiles..
There was always trouble outside with them (and Aberdeen), we used to go to the old Albion Way pub in Broomloan Road and our bus parked outside it, was always something going on down that way!

I seem to remember the Aberdeen fans being in the Main Stand, back in the day, have I made that up?
No, in the mid 80's all away fans were put in the west end of the main stand, I remember the Hibs fans letting the flare off up there as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Again - how do they get down to the concourses for food/drink/toilet and in/out the ground without mixing with bears?
Get them in early and hold them back for half an hour after the game.I am sure there is a toilet at the far end of the Club Deck and I can't see why a pop up food stand couldn't be made available. Add in some stewards and you are good to go.

Don't know if anybody has ever explained why it used to be fine for away fans to sit in BF1 but they can't be moved back there now.

That's why I laughed at their boycott.

Look the 20 quid ticket thing sounds lovely. But only if all clubs agreed to it, sounds like they want that price into Ibrox but no comments on what they charge us.
It sounded nothing like that. The campaign is for a £20 cap on away tickets at every ground in Scotland

Don't know if anybody has ever explained why it used to be fine for away fans to sit in BF1 but they can't be moved back there now.
It used to be fine to take over smaller grounds at Motherwell, Partick, St Johnstone, Falkirk etc and the fans pretty much stood on the same terracing in the 80s but you won't get that now either.
Times have changed now

We didn't charge St Johnstone that price because of what we charged at McDiarmid the £31 price will for all Cat C games so adult Ross County fans will be £31 for the game on 27th August

If all clubs agree then a price cap for away fans would applied at every game

As for relocating the away fans putting them up in the Club Deck might seem the easily solution but then have relocate any Rangers fans as well in that area from time to time based on numbers

Yes it doesn't look right when the current away section is not full

Should be in extreme of enclosure or up in the end of the club deck with netting infront. Just seems like overkill and the amount of seats we are giving up is criminal
Maybe put away fans directly behind the away dugout with segregation line of stewards

We are losing money when teams bring 50 fans it’s a joke

Would be some laugh having a thousand Hibs or Aberdeen fans in front of the main stand with police trying to keep them segregated.

Come on folks surely you have to realise mixing fans in a concourse regardless if there are police there or not is a bad idea.

Rangers should put out a statement saying something along the lines of
'We agree in principle with limiting the price of tickets for away fans, but our supporters have been ripped off for years (Dundee Hibs as an example). Therefore we will charge all away fans exactly what their club charges Rangers supporters. That puts the ball in their court.

Also, the away club should be charged for a minimum amount of tickets whether they sell them or not. They must give Rangers adequate notice of how many they have sold, so that the allocated area can be made smaller if necessary and the extra tickets sold to Rangers supporters.
I also think the end section of the West Enclosure is the best place for them, but I appreciate the difficulties this would cause.

They charge us similar but their ultras do not set ticket prices. The twenty’s plenty campaign is for clubs of all teams to cap away tickets at £20. Something I’d certainly get behind!
Where British fans always fall down, solidarity on subjects like this. Why we have had the piss the taken out of us for years and continue to do so.

Germany is the country for all this, plenty of Ultra Groups/Fan Rights Groups dislike each other but work together on subjects like ticket prices and kick off times etc… it’s amazing what can happen when football fans join together, hence why they got rid of Monday night matches over there.

I agree. It's worth noting btw the away fans weren't shifted to the SJ west corner till 2001 ish?

The corner sections were completed for the start of 96/97 season and I can definitely remember away fans still being in the BF1 well into Advocaat's spell.

I doubt the club can be bothered with the extra hassle logistically now, especially if it's the likes of the sheep and HIVs coming to Ibrox and having to split the BF front concourse again.

From an optics perspective, far better if they were moved back to BF1 IMO.

Rangers should put out a statement saying something along the lines of
'We agree in principle with limiting the price of tickets for away fans, but our supporters have been ripped off for years (Dundee Hibs as an example). Therefore we will charge all away fans exactly what their club charges Rangers supporters. That puts the ball in their court.

Also, the away club should be charged for a minimum amount of tickets whether they sell them or not. They must give Rangers adequate notice of how many they have sold, so that the allocated area can be made smaller if necessary and the extra tickets sold to Rangers supporters.
I also think the end section of the West Enclosure is the best place for them, but I appreciate the difficulties this would cause.
We couldn't do that as it would have impact on our own fans that as I am sure it is priced under the Broomloan pricing like the other corner is Copland pricing

Remember Dunfermline were caught by charge different prices in the same stand for a game against us

Prepared to be slaughtered but if it was a a result of a boycott they've done a good job, imagine if we were to boycott an away match pretty sure we'd still sell our allocation.

That said never paid attention to their usual support so don't know how many they'd bring.

Also while I'm at it, we must know how many they've sold so in this case we must be able to reduce their area, maintain the seg lines and get a few more bears in.
This, I would also implement a curfew on ticket sales for them to allow this to happen. Say the Monday before a Saturday fixture.Then what they don't take up can be recycled to Bears needing them.

Rangers should take a leaf out of Reading's book here.

Write an open letter to all clubs (publically) stating they can have away tickets at Ibrox for £20, subject to Rangers fans receiving £20 briefs at away games at their grounds. Then, when all the clubs reject/ignore this, we have the moral high ground and no one can claim otherwise. Very simple and effective.

Back