Away games at Ibrox

SwindonLoyal

I'm sat watching the old 9 in a row video, and they mention the installation of the corner screens and how this "will allow Rangers supporters to watch European and Domestic away games at Ibrox". Was this a promise that was ever followed through on for any period of time?

I'm sat watching the old 9 in a row video, and they mention the installation of the corner screens and how this "will allow Rangers supporters to watch European and Domestic away games at Ibrox". Was this a promise that was ever followed through on for any period of time?

Yeah i remember going to a few beambacks. Last one i can remember was the 5-1 game at Parkhead November 98

Yes went to most of Walters last and Dicks first at Ibrox for beambacks.

Sold out beamback for Dundee Utd away in 98 (wont utter the words of the season)

I remember Hearts away just after we beat Celtic being very busy as was Aberdeen matches in Dicks first season.

How busy was the stadium for these? Could you even make out the game? I’ve always thought the quality on the big screens was horrific.

Was at the “beam back” of the Hearts game which was the final match of 96/97 season. Team came back to Ibrox for a big 9IAR celebration, speeches from all the players, I’m sure Coisty led the fans in singing Follow Follow.

Going to the game next Wednesday in Bar72. I normally host away OF games at mine, but with a 8 month old in the house it's probably not wise for an evening game.

I refuse to watch in a mixed pub, the louden will be rammed and I we don't fancy getting COVID, our local RFC supporters bar uses a box which is behind the game, which is not acceptable. Imagine getting a text 50 seconds before Edu smashed it home?!? And CBA with the nonsense that will be GCC. So it was the next logical step. TBH it's ridiculously priced at £30. But hopefully come full time we'll have completely forgotten about that.

Going to the game next Wednesday in Bar72. I normally host away OF games at mine, but with a 8 month old in the house it's probably not wise for an evening game.

I refuse to watch in a mixed pub, the louden will be rammed and I we don't fancy getting COVID, our local RFC supporters bar uses a box which is behind the game, which is not acceptable. Imagine getting a text 50 seconds before Edu smashed it home?!? And CBA with the nonsense that will be GCC. So it was the next logical step. TBH it's ridiculously priced at £30. But hopefully come full time we'll have completely forgotten about that.
What do you get for the £30 mate? Few pints, pie etc?

Went to a couple of these.

First one was against Hearts in Dec 1998, Neil McCann's debut for us after signing from Hearts, was actually a really good game that Rangers won 3-2 after falling behind.

Went the following season as well against Hibs but it was a really sunny day and I could barely see the ball on the screen. JJ scoring in a 1-0 win.

Also in there next Wednesday, hopefully a good night. I can’t remember what the £30 gets tbh, maybe only a drink on arrival & a half time pie, really can’t remember.

Went to a couple of these.

First one was against Hearts in Dec 1998, Neil McCann's debut for us after signing from Hearts, was actually a really good game that Rangers won 3-2 after falling behind.

Went the following season as well against Hibs but it was a really sunny day and I could barely see the ball on the screen. JJ scoring in a 1-0 win.

I didn't realise they continued on with it in Advocaats second season. I remember going during his first season and by the end it was really quiet.

What do you get for the £30 mate? Few pints, pie etc?
Yeah I think it's 1 pint and a pie. I think they are also putting on HT analysis from a few ex players? Not entirely sure, but they definitely did that in the past. TBH the £30 is mostly for a reserved space and the ability to know we're amongst 'friends'. Esp as we are all going to be showing up at different times due to work commitments etc. Be nothing worse than getting turned away at the pub door that all your pals are in!

I think the new Edmiston House bar will be the new option for fans to watch away games once that's up and running.

More than likely seen as a missed opportunity by the club now not to have seating there instead of the big screens.

Only time I remember going was a 0-0 borefest up at Tannadice early in Dick's first season, maybe September time?

Was only 11 at the time and don't think my Dad was that impressed cos we never went back to any of the following beam back games. Don't think there was many after that anyway if I recall.

It was a good idea just the wrong time I think though. Cable and Sky were really kicking off and more people had it in the house anyway.

Was at 3 beam backs.

2 nil loss away to St Johnstone when the wheels were starting to come off in the TIAR season.

Dundee Utd away the day we lost it.

5-1 away v celtic.

Fair to say I don't have fond memories of them.

I went to one of the beam backs and we lost to St Johnstone. I think I left as the second goal went in.

It was very surreal being in Ibrox with hardly anyone there.

They did a few beambacks if I remember right, think possibly during the advocaat 1st season.

I remember the away fans sitting in the BF1 before the seats in the corner was used for them

Went to 2 I think.

First one was throwing away a 1-0 lead at Fir Park early 98 after McCoist put us ahead.

Second one was from Tannadice, won 2-1 but wasn't a great day tbh

Back