Away PSV day trip being cancelled i believe.

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
Mate reckons they are claiming they can't get an aircraft despite pricing it!

The partnership isn't working, is it?

Hope anyone caught up in this finds another way if true.

I would not trust CTM to run a bath.

I wonder how many applied and if that also has a bearing.

Yes it's cancelled again,just got the e-mail...

---------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, we are unable to run the Official Day Trip to PSV Eindhoven v Rangers F.C. on Wednesday 24th August 2022.

CTM Sport have been working tirelessly today to source an aircraft, suitable for the supporters that have expressed an interest.

Unfortunately, due to limited availability, and peak holiday season it has been made extremely difficult to secure an aircraft of acceptable cost that wouldn’t put extra financial cost for the trip to go ahead.

We did not make the decision to cancel the Official Day Trip lightly and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

All supporters who have made payment will receive a full refund, which will be processed within 5 working days.

We appreciate your patience at this time and look forward to welcoming you on an Official Trip in the near future.

Should you have any questions, please contact the team by replying to this email or 0203 866 8270. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 08:30 - 18:00.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And no ticket or priority this time.

CTM are offering to run it, if the uptake isn’t there they won’t run.
Message I was sent from a usually reliable guy.

Said they can’t get an aircraft unless it would increase the price for fans. The club could easily contribute towards it. Either way we need to get a better travel partner than CTM. Next Wednesday could be the decider and we can’t get a day trip for fans very poor.

Last edited:

Said they can’t get an aircraft unless it would increase the price for fans. The club could easily contribute towards it. Either way we need to get a better travel partner than CTM. Next Wednesday could be the decider and we can’t get a day trip for fans very poor.

I’d say they deserve a bit of slack. Prices are all over the place at the moment, they can’t book until they get the numbers, they can’t get the numbers until they put a price out… all in 7 days.

Would anyone else have done any better?

Got an email confirming it was off at 8:32 …. bastards!
Should cancel the contract and get another partner. Not fit for purpose :mad:
I would be very surprised if we got another that didn't have the same issues. Thomas Cook previously had the same problems and that was pre Covid

Called it in the prior threads. Was never running due to price, short turnaround, lack of aircraft amongst other reasons.

I’d say they deserve a bit of slack. Prices are all over the place at the moment, they can’t book until they get the numbers, they can’t get the numbers until they put a price out… all in 7 days.

Would anyone else have done any better?
Your last sentence says it all. Who knows?

Don't think the official trip will appeal to many now unless it's low points folk

You quoted the bit of info I received and shared.

That was the mates words

Not sure why they quoted if they didn't have a plane but I'm not going and feel for anyone caught up in this.

Aye that woman that managed to charter a plane to Seville and fill it probably!
For daft prices pre peak holiday time and for fans desperate to get to the final. Not quite the same thing. It will be a smaller plane that they can't get because not enough people want to go at that price.

Why would the club contribute to it?

Is this now likely to see a mad scramble for those on the CTM trip to find alternative independent routes? Or are most day trippers likely to forfeit their match ticket?
Costly as the day trips are, they are a great option for those who can only get limited time off work.

How’s it CTMs fault?

They had a plane, not enough registered an interest to fill it. They tried to find a smaller plane to accommodate the smaller number, which they couldn’t find.

It’s CTM & the club setting ridiculous pricing. If they lowered the price they’d fill a plane. I know because there’s 3 of us that use CTM regular but refuse to pay these horrific prices.

Tbh sport options also choose not to travel to this or the last round because of aircraft prices.

Is this now likely to see a mad scramble for those on the CTM trip to find alternative independent routes? Or are most day trippers likely to forfeit their match ticket?
Costly as the day trips are, they are a great option for those who can only get limited time off work.
That's why I applied. Could only get the 2 days off

I know two that were on it that can only do the day trip so stuffed basically.

It’s CTM & the club setting ridiculous pricing. If they lowered the price they’d fill a plane. I know because there’s 3 of us that use CTM regular but refuse to pay these horrific prices.
Thats the going rate this time of year. There’s a reason sport options haven’t ran the last two, because they’re too expensive.

CTM aren’t going to lower the price and run at a loss, that’s just stupid to suggest so.

They’d be slated if they didn’t offer a trip.

It HAS to be a concern that they're pricing a day trip before sourcing an aircraft.

Screams alot like money making than club charter. A common theme with Rangers at the moment.

I know it's expensive to charter a plane and the difference between August and December is crazy.

Dont think many people will be struggling, I dont know any regular day trippers/guys that go everywhere that hung about booking indy after the belgium shambles when they cancelled, a-lot of people have lost faith in ctm.

They shouldnt express interest if they have no plan on subsidising the trip if not full.

Not everyone who registers interest will pay when the link comes out, its well known now, as unfortunately…we have time wasters saying theyre interested knowing the prices will be high then don't pay.

•If the megabus say they are running a bus to london and only 4 people book they still run.

•If virgin rail say they are running to london and 30 people book, they still run.

•If emirates have a empty flight with 10 passengers to dubai, they still run.

•If a circus has 70 spectators they still perform.

Ridiculous, I know. However if these idiots start taking payments and telling people they are running a flight then they need to go with it. Its getting beyond a joke. Feel bad for people who were relying on these amateurs yet again.

Last edited:
Dont think many people will be struggling, I dont know any regular day trippers/guys that go everywhere that hung about booking indy after the belgium shambles when they cancelled, a-lot of people have lost faith in ctm.

They shouldnt express interest if they have no plan on subsiding the trip if not full.

Not everyone who registers interest will pay when the link comes out, its well known now, as unfortunately…we have time wasters saying theyre interested knowing the prices will be high then don't pay.

•If the megabus say they are running a bus to london and only 4 people book they still run.

•If virgin rail say they are running to london and 30 people book, they still run.

•If emirates have a empty flight with 10 passengers to dubai, they still run.

•If a circus has 70 spectators they still perform.

Ridiculous, I know. However if these idiots start taking payments and telling people they are running a flight then they need to go with it. Its getting beyond a joke. Feel bad for people who were relying on these amateurs yet again.
None of the examples you listed are charters though.

That's the regularly scheduled service/route/tour these companies operate.

It's a bit different when a company has a week to source an aircraft, people say on the Tuesday they're willing to pay the rate advertised, then within the week have changed their minds. That's not on CTM.

Personally, I'd be charging a huge deposit at time of booking, non-refundable unless the trip was cancelled.

None of the examples you listed are charters though.

That's the regularly scheduled service/route/tour these companies operate.

It's a bit different when a company has a week to source an aircraft, people say on the Tuesday they're willing to pay the rate advertised, then within the week have changed their minds. That's not on CTM.
More getting at the point they need to start taking the hit here and not the fans, or else get a new travel partner who like sport options, are straight up saying its not feasible, allowing regular travellers to look elsewhere instead of a week before the match.

Fuck me. Not surprised it didn’t sell out at that price.!
It works out cheaper for me to go on the day trip. Using 2 or 3 days for Indy travel is more expensive with me missing 2 days work. So although others find it expensive, it is actually more convenient and cheaper for me to travel this way.
In saying that, if it is confirmed I have still access to the ticket promised to me by going on the day trip, then I will then have to pay a hefty sum for travel at this short notice.
Wasn’t ideal for USG, but got there, don’t know if I will be there this round.

It HAS to be a concern that they're pricing a day trip before sourcing an aircraft.

Screams alot like money making than club charter. A common theme with Rangers at the moment.

I know it's expensive to charter a plane and the difference between August and December is crazy.
They aren’t. They had an aircraft, not enough applied to fill it.

They tried to find a smaller aircraft which they couldn’t do. The exact same as Belgium.

To go with the original aircraft with it half empty would make zero sense, or they’d need to then charge everyone even more.

CTM are offering to run it, if the uptake isn’t there they won’t run.
Don’t be silly mate, just blame CTM without actually looking at the facts

If 200 people applied and paid the £, the flight would run. Uptake was low so they tried to get a smaller plane. They were unable to source another plane whilst keeping the trip at the £675 initially advertised

Blame CTM though

More getting at the point they need to start taking the hit here and not the fans, or else get a new travel partner who like sport options, are straight up sayings its not feasible, allowing regular travellers to look elsewhere instead of a week before the match.
That's never going to happen, no chartering business is ever going to subsidise people pulling out.

The only way around it is to charge a sufficiently high deposit at time of booking which means that should you pull out, it doesn't incur a loss to the company. Of course, plenty of people will find that unpalatable too.

They had an aircraft pending

The uptake wasn’t high enough for them to run the trip so they tried sourcing an alternative. They couldn’t source an alternative without making the trip more than £675

This idea that they price trips and advertise them without having a plane is a complete nonsense

If there was 200 people wanting to go day trip, CTM would’ve ran to PSV

Back