Away PSV day trip being cancelled i believe.

That's never going to happen, no chartering business is ever going to subsidise people pulling out.

The only way around it is to charge a sufficiently high deposit at time of booking which means that should you pull out, it doesn't incur a loss to the company. Of course, plenty of people will find that unpalatable too.
I like that idea.

Any mention of ticket available like USG and what they will do for the poor fuckers who they've let down for both games now? Stuck two fingers up to them after USG but got to feel sorry for those who gave them a bash again.

It’s CTM & the club setting ridiculous pricing. If they lowered the price they’d fill a plane. I know because there’s 3 of us that use CTM regular but refuse to pay these horrific prices.
If they lowered their prices they’d lose money. They’re a business, they’ve priced the trip based on them being able to make a profit/rangers making £ and trying to keep the cost as low as possible for both businesses to make £

They’re not a charity

I like that idea.
With the timescales involved for these early rounds, I wouldn't be against having a 3 day window where 100% payment is needed to book. After that, if it doesn't make financial sense to run it, everyone is refunded and still have 4 days to book their travel, and the club guarantee a ticket at face value for anyone who had booked.

£675 for a day trip to the Netherlands :))
To be fair, I've had to book flights to the Western isles for work in the past and it's been £400+ for a day trip. At least the Netherlands have dope and hoors.

Edit: just checked, £320 Glasgow to Stornoway return tomorrow as a day trip. No drugs, no whores, and no Rangers in the Champions League qualifiers. (Plus the flight times mean you'd miss the game anyway).

If they lowered their prices they’d lose money. They’re a business, they’ve priced the trip based on them being able to make a profit/rangers making £ and trying to keep the cost as low as possible for both businesses to make £

They’re not a charity
Mate, you need to take the bears sides at some point. Its game after game theyre advertising and not following through now.

Surely everyone appreciates the likes of sport options being upfront and saying they cant make it an affordable cost to fill a large aircraft during this time of year.

Instead of messing people about knowing its a 50/50.

I know the argument is their, that if they didnt offer a trip then people would be pissed off…I get that to an extent but I have lost respect for ctm and being a regular sports options traveller, I respect myles and the guys more for being upfront allowing people to book indy.

Mate, you need to take the bears sides at some point. Its game after game theyre advertising and not following through now.

Surely everyone appreciates the likes of sport options being upfront and saying they cant make it an affordable cost to fill a large aircraft duting this time of year.

Instead of messing people about knowing its a 50/50.

I know the argument is their, that if they didnt offer a trip then people would be pissed off…I get that to an extent but I have lost respect for ctm and being a regular sports options traveller, I respect myles and the guys more for being upfront allowing people to book indy.
I think CTM are shit but they’re hardly at fault here

They were at fault in Leipzig with their shit planning/bus issue after the game/airport fiasco but they’re not at fault here

People seem to think they should run at a loss to help rangers fans out, business doesn’t work like that

About time Bisgrove got British Airways as a commercial partner and then we could have access to aircraft.

If any brave bear wants to step into the void:

Chartering a British Airways aircraft: If you would like to charter a British Airway:s aircraft please contact our charter sales teams directly: charter.enquiries@ba.com

No, I’m trying to make the point qualifiers are always expensive but even more so now with current situation

£675 to Holland at present is comparable to the Denmark price in 2019
Yes, sorry of you took me the wrong way, I'm completely agreeing with you here, there's a combination of factors in aviation at the moment not helping in keeping costs to a more affordable/viable level.

About time Bisgrove got British Airways as a commercial partner and then we could have access to aircraft.

If any brave bear wants to step into the void:

Chartering a British Airways aircraft: If you would like to charter a British Airway:s aircraft please contact our charter sales teams directly: charter.enquiries@ba.com
British Airways are a shambles too, most airlines are at the moment.

Feel for all you that have been let down it's a bit late in the day but hopefully your get out there ok good luck to you all

CTM are a joke, over 600 pounds for a day trip to Holland, they hit the jackpot with us last season and are now taking the piss, if Belgrade was 400 last season how is Belgium and Holland over 600??

CTM are a joke, over 600 pounds for a day trip to Holland, they hit the jackpot with us last season and are now taking the piss, if Belgrade was 400 last season how is Belgium and Holland over 600??
Peak holiday season, cost of fuel much higher, aircraft availability will be more scarce in August, there’s airports having to cancel flights due to staffing issues

Every single airline has bumped prices up, what do you honestly expect? Qualifiers are always more expensive

It's peak holiday season. That's the excuse anyway.

I did a day trip to Copenhagen in 2003. Granted it was nearly 20 years ago but the prices then were the same for every other day trip at any point in the season. I'd never have paid these prices.

So basically our travel partner is unable to offer a day trip until probably October time for a decent price. It's a bit of a joke.

It's peak holiday season. That's the excuse anyway.

I did a day trip to Copenhagen in 2003. Granted it was nearly 20 years ago but the prices then were the same for every other day trip at any point in the season. I'd never have paid these prices.

So basically our travel partner is unable to offer a day trip until probably October time for a decent price. It's a bit of a joke.
There would be an uproar if they didn’t offer a trip though, they have to offer a trip and give fans the option whether they think it’s good value or not

Who are CTM to decide what fans are willing to pay? They’ve priced the trip and offered to fans. Not enough fans registered interest/paid money so it needs to be cancelled

£675 was a ridiculous price and I wouldn’t have paid but it’s the cost that CTM have set based on aircraft availability/bus transfers/chartering the plane/departure slots at airports

Honestly, some people (not saying you) think CTM should be a charity and run a flight at a loss just because they’re a club partner. It’s ridiculous

Do they still give you your ticket on the plane on the official trip ? What if you manage to arrange Indy travel now , how do you get a ticket ? Off a lad on twitter who’ll be watching it in the hoose ?

Do they still give you your ticket on the plane on the official trip ? What if you manage to arrange Indy travel now , how do you get a ticket ? Off a lad on twitter who’ll be in the hoose ?
It’s an utter disgrace if those who booked on CTM aren’t offered an Indy ticket

There would be an uproar if they didn’t offer a trip though, they have to offer a trip and give fans the option whether they think it’s good value or not

Who are CTM to decide what fans are willing to pay? They’ve priced the trip and offered to fans. Not enough fans registered interest/paid money so it needs to be cancelled

£675 was a ridiculous price and I wouldn’t have paid but it’s the cost that CTM have set based on aircraft availability/bus transfers/chartering the plane/departure slots at airports

Honestly, some people (not saying you) think CTM should be a charity and run a flight at a loss just because they’re a club partner. It’s ridiculous
What folk don’t seem to be grasping either is I was looking at holidays for next year. My sister is a teacher so we need to go during school holidays. £1.8k per person (and one of those is a 2y/o)

Looked at the same holiday, same hotel, board basis for me and my mum only when it’s not school holidays and we can get it for just slightly more than the pp price for both of us.

For anyone interested you can still get Edinburgh - Dusseldorf for £296 return.

Out Wednesday via London, arriving 13.35. regular trains running to Eindhoven for £22, take just under 2 hours.

Return is Dusseldorf Weeze 14.30pm flight. Bit trickier to get to but, only an hour by taxi. 125euro split makes it manageable. 4 of us already doing this

Tues - Thurs also still available. £255 arriving Dusseldorf quite late on Tuesday night. £300 gets you there mid afternoon.

Should add this is all taken from Sky Scanner. You'd need to check airlines official sites to make sure these were still available.

I'm not saying they should run at a loss, that would be ridiculous, but I'd hazard a guess that they would be making a massive profit if it sold out at £675 a go. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

Therefore they could afford to make it slightly cheaper and still turn in a profit.

What folk don’t seem to be grasping either is I was looking at holidays for next year. My sister is a teacher so we need to go during school holidays. £1.8k per person (and one of those is a 2y/o)

Looked at the same holiday, same hotel, board basis for me and my mum only when it’s not school holidays and we can get it for just slightly more than the pp price for both of us.
I understand the frustration and anger but people are being obtuse if they think it’s some big conspiracy from CTM to charge obscene amounts and rip us off

Same people would be livid if CTM didn’t offer a trip, they really can’t win

I'm not saying they should run at a loss, that would be ridiculous, but I'd hazard a guess that they would be making a massive profit if it sold out at £675 a go. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

Therefore they could afford to make it slightly cheaper and still turn in a profit.
Now that’s something I would agree with but how much do you think would be palatable?

Wiping off £75 per head is circa £13k for the business. CTM need to make money, rangers will make money and staff need paid.

I could be way off and they’re margins are ridiculously high but they’ve priced the trip based on the costs and the margins they want to achieve

Any mention of ticket available like USG and what they will do for the poor fuckers who they've let down for both games now? Stuck two fingers up to them after USG but got to feel sorry for those who gave them a bash again.
No mention of a ticket being kept like the USG game mate :(

Still get official flight match ticket on the plane ? I’ve not been official for years
Yeah, everyone on official get a match ticket. Normally an additional cost but was going to be included for USG as a sweetener given the high cost

Now that’s something I would agree with but how much do you think would be palatable?

Wiping off £75 per head is circa £13k for the business. CTM need to make money, rangers will make money and staff need paid.

I could be way off and they’re margins are ridiculously high but they’ve priced the trip based on the costs and the margins they want to achieve
Surely Rangers should be offering trips like these without making a profit on it? I can understand the travel company wanting to maximise profits but surely as a reward to the fans Rangers themselves should just be breaking even from it?

Surely Rangers should be offering trips like these without making a profit on it? I can understand the travel company wanting to maximise profits but surely as a reward to the fans Rangers themselves should just be breaking even from it?
Yeah that’s another debate all together, suppose rangers will argue there has to be something in it for them

Message I was sent from a usually reliable guy.

Said they can’t get an aircraft unless it would increase the price for fans. The club could easily contribute towards it. Either way we need to get a better travel partner than CTM. Next Wednesday could be the decider and we can’t get a day trip for fans very poor.
Why should the club contribute

Dixon travel still on the go? The best trips ever , only down side , before online booking and Qing outside the shop from midnight till 8am opening time was a tad rubbish :D

Back