Away PSV day trip being cancelled i believe.

Dixon travel still on the go? The best trips ever , only down side , before online booking and Qing outside the shop from midnight till 8am opening time was a tad rubbish :D
The queueing outside their shop in the early hours were character building.
Last used them for PSG and Feyenoord away in 2001/02 season.
First away game organised by the newly formed travel club (2002)was the ill-fated Viktoria Zizkov debacle.

The queueing outside their shop in the early hours were character building.
Last used them for PSG and Feyenoord away in 2001/02 season.
First away game with the newly formed travel club was the ill-fated Viktoria Zizkov debacle.
Character building :D , the over nights were always belters of hotels at very reasonable prices

To be fair, I've had to book flights to the Western isles for work in the past and it's been £400+ for a day trip. At least the Netherlands have dope and hoors.

Edit: just checked, £320 Glasgow to Stornoway return tomorrow as a day trip. No drugs, no whores, and no Rangers in the Champions League qualifiers. (Plus the flight times mean you'd miss the game anyway).
Not really selling the Western isles there :))

To be fair, I've had to book flights to the Western isles for work in the past and it's been £400+ for a day trip. At least the Netherlands have dope and hoors.

Edit: just checked, £320 Glasgow to Stornoway return tomorrow as a day trip. No drugs, no whores, and no Rangers in the Champions League qualifiers. (Plus the flight times mean you'd miss the game anyway).
Same for Shetland or Orkney. Allegedly more hookers.

For anyone interested you can still get Edinburgh - Dusseldorf for £296 return.

Out Wednesday via London, arriving 13.35. regular trains running to Eindhoven for £22, take just under 2 hours.

Return is Dusseldorf Weeze 14.30pm flight. Bit trickier to get to but, only an hour by taxi. 125euro split makes it manageable. 4 of us already doing this

Tues - Thurs also still available. £255 arriving Dusseldorf quite late on Tuesday night. £300 gets you there mid afternoon.

Should add this is all taken from Sky Scanner. You'd need to check airlines official sites to make sure these were still available.
Our flight back from Weeze is still around 80 euros on the Thursday from the Ryanair app. Another option for the way out is Eurowings to Dusseldorf at 8am on the Wednesday getting in to proper Dusseldorf at 10am for around £140.

I’d say they deserve a bit of slack. Prices are all over the place at the moment, they can’t book until they get the numbers, they can’t get the numbers until they put a price out… all in 7 days.

Would anyone else have done any better?
No one could have done worse.
They were charged with providing supporters with a day trip, and have utterly failed. Twice in a row.
Get rid asap.
I'm going Monday to Friday for less than £675. Flight and hotel, excluding drink.

No one could have done worse.
They were charged with providing supporters with a day trip, and have utterly failed. Twice in a row.
Get rid asap.
I'm going Monday to Friday for less than £675. Flight and hotel, excluding drink.
That’s an interesting view on it
The reality is folk weren’t prepared to pay the price for the flight to go , so it got cancelled, it’s that simple. CTM at least made the offer for the flight to go, could argue that’s created the rod for their own back and they should’ve just said, like sport options, were not running as knew the price was crazy

Expecting CTM to run it at a loss / rangers to contribute is far fetched and not the clubs responsibility to financially support people when so many others are making their own way.

(The club have been bitten before with Travel club flight losing money, when we went to Moscow in 2004, there was only 100 odd folk on the flight and they took a big hit on it still going, I doubt they’d ever do that again

I think it’s scandalous the club aren’t covering the rest for the people who want to pay a ridiculous amount to follow the team and can only do so with the day trip.

It must’ve got at least half subscribed easily.

Might be wrong though.

£675 is a joke and ripping fans off

I went Amsterdam to see armin van buuren in June just there, queens jubilee weekend for £85 quid return

Yeah that would be on a scheduled plane. Others on it will have paid hundreds for the same seat. Plus that plane will operate about 10 sectors a day, not just sit about in Eindhoven all day. Plus the cost's of getting to Glasgow in the first place don't need covered either. And that plane won't be in a position to be easily leased to cover for another airline either, like the ones that would be used for a charter day trip.

Its comparing apples and oranges

I'd love to know how much profit CTM are trying to make on these flights.

I get that it's the summer holidays and inflation has hit etc but I still reckon they'll be taking the piss a bit.

I'd love to know how much profit CTM are trying to make on these flights.

I get that it's the summer holidays and inflation has hit etc but I still reckon they'll be taking the piss a bit.
Not much, I know one of the sport options guys and they said they’d be looking at around £600 at the cheapest if they were going.

sport options not running a flight either. Go to their website and you’ll see what they say are the problems getting a flight for this fixture.

Anyone jumping in to defend CTM has never travelled on one of their trips.

Braga
Leipzig
Seville

All an absolute shambles. They are a Mickey Mouse organisation not fit to service the greatest travelling support. I want them gone.
That’s untrue, I’ve used CTM before

I think they’re shit but I struggle to see how they’re to blame in this instance

The real sickener for me is, having had two trips cancelled by CTM in quick succession, is that they have the nerve to process the Credit Card payments knowing it’s not running!

Why does the club require a partner for these kind of things?

It should all be handled in house.
We don't hold ATOL or ABTA which you need to offer such trips as it gives the customer some protection in case anything goes wrong

Hence why we have to use a 3rd party operator that does - CTM is no different to Dixons or Thomas Cook and I think was Travelcare who were the Co op that we have used in the past

Yeah that would be on a scheduled plane. Others on it will have paid hundreds for the same seat. Plus that plane will operate about 10 sectors a day, not just sit about in Eindhoven all day. Plus the cost's of getting to Glasgow in the first place don't need covered either. And that plane won't be in a position to be easily leased to cover for another airline either, like the ones that would be used for a charter day trip.

Exactly some people have absolutely no idea what is involved.

Given we will have an European game 6th-8th September and if away 1st it will also interesting given the short turnaround as well given CTM haven't been able run a flight to either Belgium or Netherlands so far

Yes neither have Sports Options but there are not our official travel partner and while they would probably like to run a flight they are under no obligation to do so if cost prohibitive

The real sickener for me is, having had two trips cancelled by CTM in quick succession, is that they have the nerve to process the Credit Card payments knowing it’s not running!

They believed at the time it would run though (assuming it's the same as USG).

It's not really their fault that people are registering their interest then not booking when given the chance.

Just spoke with CTM asking wether I had an allocated ticket and they said the decision is with Rangers. Once Rangers have decided to give everyone who paid with CTM a ticket or not then they would email all concerned.

So still no idea wether I will be at the match or not.

They believed at the time it would run though (assuming it's the same as USG).

It's not really their fault that people are registering their interest then not booking when given the chance.
I totally agree. Everyone who registered knew exactly what the cost would be and whilst there may be genuine reasons for some to withdraw, there are those, I’m sure who registered for both the official trip and Indy ticket to double their chances. My gripe is why did CTM put through my CC payment after they cancelled the trip!

Given we will have an European game 6th-8th September and if away 1st it will also interesting given the short turnaround as well given CTM haven't been able run a flight to either Belgium or Netherlands so far

Yes neither have Sports Options but there are not our official travel partner and while they would probably like to run a flight they are under no obligation to do so if cost prohibitive
I would suggest a flight for the first away euro game in champs league would only attract confirmed booking signup depending on the opposition / location as going to be same price range

If we are away to Real Madrid, chance to see rangers in that stadium , people will pay £600+ for a day trip

Does anyone know what arrangements PSV have in place for their own travelling fans who will have had to deal with the same issues but with a week less to plan for them?

I do think the club could take more ownership here, if nothing else, in fronting up the failings with the support. Anyone who deals with outsourcing in their day-to-day lives will know that, done properly, you delegate the task of providing the service, but you retain responsibility to your customer base for the quality of that service. A copy and paste of the CTM email from Seville/ USG really isn't good enough here.

Ultimately, for all the smoke blown up the collective arses of the support about how important we are to the outcome on the pitch, if that away end isn't full for arguably our (financially) most important game in years, serious questions need to be asked.

yeah that’s a good point, it does seem awful steep though

I would suggest a flight for the first away euro game in champs league would only attract confirmed booking signup depending on the opposition / location as going to be same price range

If we are away to Real Madrid, chance to see rangers in that stadium , people will pay £600+ for a day trip
Yeah understand that might happen but it is the timescales

Eindhoven was 14 days Madrid would be 11/12 days notice if it was the 1st game sure cost is factor as we know only difference is the opposition and in truth the cost of the flight should begin to drop as demand for planes isn't as high

Does anyone know what arrangements PSV have in place for their own travelling fans who will have had to deal with the same issues but with a week less to plan for them?

I do think the club could take more ownership here, if nothing else, in fronting up the failings with the support. Anyone who deals with outsourcing in their day-to-day lives will know that, done properly, you delegate the task of providing the service, but you retain responsibility to your customer base for the quality of that service. A copy and paste of the CTM email from Seville/ USG really isn't good enough here.

Ultimately, for all the smoke blown up the collective arses of the support about how important we are to the outcome on the pitch, if that away end isn't full for arguably our (financially) most important game in years, serious questions need to be asked.

They don't have any fan charters flights.

I am sure I read on their website last week when trying to find out what day the game definitely was that they were organising official buses

Basically making their own travel ?

But the club were offering a coach trip

Price
Own transport € 47.00

Bus trip including entrance ticket:
PSV Supporters Club Cardholders €187.00
PSV (Season) Club Cardholders €217.00

Remarks own transport
The exact exchange location and times will be communicated by email on Friday afternoon 12 August. The exchange must be done in person with the exchange ticket, your own personal PSV Club Card and proof of identity. All this information must match.

Notes bus trip*
The bus will depart on Monday 15 August at 7:15 PM from the South side of the Philips Stadium, please arrive at least 30 minutes before departure. You will receive the original ticket on the bus. Arrival is around 11 am. Departure back to Eindhoven is immediately after the match, planned arrival back in Eindhoven is 19:45.

The crossing takes place via Calais Dover.

Are you younger than 18 and traveling by bus? Then you must have permission from your parents/guardians. You must show this form to the stewards upon boarding.

* The bus trip will only take place if there is sufficient interest, there is a maximum of 2 buses.

As I understand it ctm provide an overalll travel package

As well as chartering a plane they need to find somewhere to park it ( at the airports) and arrange transportation to/from the stadium

None of this comes cheaply especially at the peak of the summer season and with all the other issues facing the airline industry

Add in the cost of living crisis, rising fuel bills and the shortage of peoples leave ( after the Seville run) as well as 3 away trips in the next 2 months, it was always going to be difficult to sell at that price but Ctm do need to make a reasonable profit so the price was understandable

Yeah understand that might happen but it is the timescales

Eindhoven was 14 days Madrid would be 11/12 days notice if it was the 1st game sure cost is factor as we know only difference is the opposition and in truth the cost of the flight should begin to drop as demand for planes isn't as high
If our qualifier was against Real Madrid next Wednesday, CTM would’ve had no issues selling that plane out at the £675

CTM are a shambles but I don’t really understand the outrage here - they’ve priced a trip based on costs, not enough people registered/were willing to pay it so it got cancelled

I can’t remember this level of outrage for Moscow in 2018

If our qualifier was against Real Madrid next Wednesday, CTM would’ve had no issues selling that plane out at the £675

CTM are a shambles but I don’t really understand the outrage here - they’ve priced a trip based on costs, not enough people registered/were willing to pay it so it got cancelled

I can’t remember this level of outrage for Moscow in 2018
Exactly price isn't a factor if the right opposition

Yeah that’s another debate all together, suppose rangers will argue there has to be something in it for them

Is 2/300 extra fans in the ground not enough? More if they price it well enough to run multiple flights. £10’s of millions of pounds are at stake here and we’re always being told by the players how much of a difference the support make to them.

I’m not naive enough to not realise businesses need to make money but both Rangers and CTM will have made a shed load more than they expected from euro trips last season, surely the profit margin could have been cut for these two hugely important ties?

Is 2/300 extra fans in the ground not enough? More if they price it well enough to run multiple flights. £10’s of millions of pounds are at stake here and we’re always being told by the players how much of a difference the support make to them.

I’m not naive enough to not realise businesses need to make money but both Rangers and CTM will have made a shed load more than they expected from euro trips last season, surely the profit margin could have been cut for these two hugely important ties?

The profit margin will be minimal per head

So because a business has made money they didn’t account for at the start of a season, they’ve to turn into a charity to help fans?

CTM don’t care if we qualify for CL or EL - their job is to price travel, source a suitable plane and offer it to paying members at a set price based on their costs. Rangers on the other hand do care but should rangers really be paying tens of thousands to subsidise a day trip? Should they be subsidising Indy travellers too if that’s the case?

Of course I’d prefer the day trip to run and our end to be full but I’m not naive enough to think businesses should run at a loss and effectively become a charity. Rangers are currently milking us for every last penny through mygers, people would go nuts if they started spending £ to help a day trip run

Also, on the euro run last season. We got to the final and had an additional 3 home games than what I guess the club would’ve accounted for after we drew Dortmund. Even with that Euro run, STs have increased, we’ve paid higher prices for CL home qualifiers and they’ve sold B team/woman’s team STs. So it’s clear the club need money

Would make absolute zero difference to the outcome of a tie.

I’d say they deserve a bit of slack. Prices are all over the place at the moment, they can’t book until they get the numbers, they can’t get the numbers until they put a price out… all in 7 days.

Would anyone else have done any better?
Would also say securing an aircraft at short notice at this time of year is both difficult and expensive. The price they'd need to charge would doubtless lead to just more criticism and there may not be enough uptake to cover costs. They're in a bit of a catch 22 situation, so agree they deserve a bit of slack on this occasion.

Back