Match Thread ** Ayr Utd v Rangers - Sun 11th Feb - Sky Sports **

Well that was better. Goss was my motm. Given the conditions that was emphatic. Good to see Murphy score a good goal and hopefully he rams my words down my throat. Cummings finish was sublime

The only thing that has improved second half is our finishing.

We have completely bossed every area on the pitch from start to finish.

This result was never in doubt

Aaannnnddd it's 6 and a goal for Murphy.

Perfect end to a terrific display :D

Anyway, let's just enjoy a really excellent day at the beach :eek: LOL

Woke up late, checked my app which said 1 0 them.
Let out a loud f**k which woke everyone.
Eyes cleared and now I wish I got up.
Time to get my eyes checked

No-one wants him to fail but he’s no immune to being called out - like anyone else - when he goes missing.
If he has a sub par match any errors are magnified. He has been a great signing. Can't remember the fee but his stock continually rises. Superb today, with excellent crosses.

Very critical of Murphy and Windass in first half but from 55 mins they played very well.

We really have to try and sign Goss he is like a metronome in the middle of the park, just controls pace of the game.

QPR must have a decent midfield if he cannot make their squad.

Sure I read on here he is not for sale, which is a shame.

Only saw the second half and was fearing the worst. Pleasantly surprised with a very good performance. Could have been double figures.

Great Confidence booster, let’s hope we carry it on to the next game, have a feeling we can really pump some pl teams this season. Love that boy Declan John, great player.

Dominated the whole game.
Shocking mistake to concede but could and should have had 3 or 4 in first half.

Second half looked like scoring every time we attacked.
Docherty and Murphy had quiet first half but both were excellent in second.
Some great finishing, lovely worked goals and an excellent comprehensive victory under really difficult conditions.

Home tie v Morton or Falkirk in the QFs please.

Thought Goss and Docherty kept us moving well today, and Alfie, Josh & Jason cashed in. Not sure Candeias deserved to be left out, but that shape seemed to work well for us. Maybe our best formation for games against the bottom 6. Only Ayr, and similar to Dunfermline earlier in the season, but maybe we can keep it going with this stronger squad.

Poor start but overall a good win. Some good performances, especially from the full backs. Not really sure why Murphy got so much stick I think he had a decent game. Windass had another good game and pitched in with a couple of goals. Morelos getting a couple after his howler in the 1st half.

Thought Cummings had a really good game as well and his finish for his goal was excellent. A lot of good link up play from him also.

Goss again showed he has some real quality in that left peg. Really like him so far.

Would like to see the 2 up front more regularly and get them to build more of a partnership. Could be very fruitful. Good to see Miller back as an option but he absolutely cannot start games.

Good win in poor conditions.

According to the BBC stats. 18 shots first half, but only 2 on target. 2nd half, 13 shots, but 6 on target. Also, noticeable that our deliveries from wide were generally kept low, and not floated in like the first.

Thought his movement in the first half was good too, but no one capitalised. Scored a peach of a goal too. Instinctive finish. This boy is born to be a Ranger I think.

He has it, his goal was indeed pure instinct.

He has it in his hands to be a Rangers legend, he has the quality's, the attitude is an added bonus.

Love that he is here, love it.

After after a dubious first half what a turnaround in the second period. As well as a decent team effort we got several excellent individual performances. Well done Rangers.

A good old fashioned steamroller job, it's been a while, only one team in it. Changes in tactics at half time turned the second half into a procession.
Well done Murty.

What a pleasure it is seeing a Rangers team not taking their foot off the gas when the game is well won. One 0f the advantages of a big squad; everybody wanting to be noticed and make an impact till the final whistle.

In the 1970's we had Kelly, Brannigan, Devlin, Callaghan in our supporters bus all proddies... :D
Sniff, sniff...:cool:

(Mind you, I once worked briefly with a Joseph McManus and wouldn't believe him at first when he said he was a Bear. He named the founding Gallant Pioneers -" nah, mate. Inconclusive. Even I know that Brother WalMart founded the bheasts."
Every few hours he'd throw me a Rangers factoid but I only finally believed him when he quoted our war -time 8-1 Old Firm slaughter.)

Woke up late, checked my app which said 1 0 them.
Let out a loud f**k which woke everyone.
Eyes cleared and now I wish I got up.
Time to get my eyes checked

Less time working in your shed, more time watching the famous, cuz. LOL

Say hi to the family for me

Dominated the whole game.
Shocking mistake to concede but could and should have had 3 or 4 in first half.

Second half looked like scoring every time we attacked.
Docherty and Murphy had quiet first half but both were excellent in second.
Some great finishing, lovely worked goals and an excellent comprehensive victory under really difficult conditions.

Home tie v Morton or Falkirk in the QFs please.

I agree. Even at 0-1 I was not the least bit worried.

The shape of the team, the way we created chances, everything. Just totally dominated from start to finish.

Probably a day to forgot for him but I thought Ayr’s young keeper looked decent considering the conditions, can’t fault him for the goals

Back