Ayr utd

Renfrew@UKGB&NI

Could Ayr utd afford promotion as it would cost a lot to get their ground done up. Maybe some on here know more about these things.
I think if they had to use rugby park it would be a disaster for them as they would go down and be no better off.
Personally I have a soft spot for Ayr,maybe because I like the town and Ayr was my first rangers away game when they were in the top league.

Don’t think they’ll need to worry about it, playing poorly for a while and can’t see them beating Inverness, Dundee Hibs and St Mirren/Hamilton

Are those rules not gone now? Remember the 10,000 seat rule that saved Aberdeen from going down when Falkirk we’re still at Brockville, didn’t think it was still a thing.

Yes in 2013 when the SPFL was created it scrapped the all seater rule

I didn't know they scrapped the rule. I doubt they'll come up myself but I think they would be a good addition,more so than ross county and inverness

Somerset Park doesn't require to be upgraded in the event of getting promoted.
Ayr Utd have risen well above their remit at the beginning of the season
It would be a fairy tale for them if they manage promotion.

In what way is it a death trap? I've been numerous times over the last few years with Rangers and not felt that at all.

It's a great wee ground with character, give me that over Accies or Livi any day of the week.
the crushing getting into the away end
unless they have built another bridge at the railway end

Don't think its likely they'll be coming up, their form since the turn of the year has been awful. That said, would far rather them than the likes of Dundee Utd.

I remember st mirren coming up a few years ago and had to install undersoil heating and a few other things that cost a fortune to make the old ground premier league standard so couldn’t improve the team so went back down same season

Work with a fella who goes to see them home and away and he's sound as fcuk, so I hope they go up for his sake.

South Ayrshire is seriously staunch, plus you can't beat a wee pre and post match in Ayr or Prestwick.

Ayr and their directors are quite happy in the championship. Never shown any ambition, I feel sorry for the genuine fans. Ayr always 'manage' to balls it up.

Sometimes, for these clubs, it's not any ground upgrade that causes problems, it's the wage increase. Can remember a chat with Crawford Rae (before he was chairman of Morton and when they were close to promotion) that it could financially be a real challenge if they went up. Really poor situation for Scottish football if that's the case for any club

Ayrs ground pisses all over shitehes like Hamilton St mirren and Livingston

apart from the fact it's a death trap
Best stay in bed tomorrow.

It's a jungle out there.

Even in the house, you might get a postal delivery, a wee paper-cut opening the letter, if you don't get some Germolene on it, next thing you know - septicemea, certain death.

I'd love it if my local team made it to the prem. Would be a great achievement and plus I'd only be two mins down the road when we play them. It's always a good atmosphere when we play each other plus we both hate the killie

What are the rumours mate?
I think he's referring to when Morton were in the 3rd tier. Running away with the league, 15-20 points clear etc then total collapse after the festive fixtures.
I knew a Morton supporter at the time and he mentioned that it was heavily rumoured about the players betting against themselves.

In what way is it a death trap? I've been numerous times over the last few years with Rangers and not felt that at all.

It's a great wee ground with character, give me that over Accies or Livi any day of the week.
I was in it with over 20k,really good wee ground,much better for atmosphere than the likes of Hamilton 2 stands a gazebo and a supermarket

Back