Back to being an elite level club

Dado's Bandage

I think the Board and Stewart Robertson deserve huge credit for the way the club is being run now. Behind all the gripes about taking on dark forces and not being ruthless enough, they have quietly rebuilt our club. Everything we are doing now is top level or on the way back to becoming top level -

Recruitment
Marketing
Facilities (although still some work to be done with stadium experience)
Coaching staff
Academy provision (although hope to see players come through soon to highlight great work)
New retail arrangements
Plans for Edmiston House look fantastic
Website
Launch of Membership Scheme
Rangers TV provision

Every bit of work looks like it geared towards (to steal a Bisgrove phrase) being best in class.

I‘ve felt we were on our way back for a long time now but this feels different, we really look like we are going places. It’s maybe taken longer than we’d all hoped but for me the foundations are being put in place to become the club we should always have been. It’s a really exciting time. Just gutted we can’t all be in the stadium to enjoy it!

James Bisgrove has been an excellent addition.

Making huge strides on and off the park but we now need to start adding some silverware into that Trophy Cabinet.

Agreed. There's never been a more important season to win trophies. Lets hope the players and coaching staff repay the investment from the board and the fans.

I think the Board and Stewart Robertson deserve huge credit for the way the club is being run now. Behind all the gripes about taking on dark forces and not being ruthless enough, they have quietly rebuilt our club. Everything we are doing now is top level or on the way back to becoming top level -

Recruitment
Marketing
Coaching staff
Academy provision (although hope to see players come through soon to highlight great work)
New retail arrangements
Website
Rangers TV provision

Every bit of work looks like it geared towards (to steal a Bisgrove phrase) being best in class.

I‘ve felt we were on our way back for a long time now but this feels different, we really look like we are going places. It’s maybe taken longer than we’d all hoped but for me the foundations are being put in place to become the club we should always have been. It’s a really exciting time. Just gutted we can’t all be in the stadium to enjoy it!
It shows just how much damage had been done from previous regimes and how much credit the current board deserves for fixing it in the time frame they have. Success on the park needs a slick operation off it.

Good post OP, I agree. The board and MD deserve credit. Stewart Robertson gets undue stick but the reality is that as MD, he’s the guy who has appointed Gerrard, Wilson and Bisgrove. This trio are top professionals in their space and exactly what we need as a team to drive us to the top. Elite, as you say. Robertson is finding the right people for the right roles. That’s good leadership. He doesn’t have to be a loudmouth to be effective.

James Bisgrove has been an excellent addition.

Making huge strides on and off the park but we now need to start adding some silverware into that Trophy Cabinet.
This is always the last piece of the jigsaw. As soon as one piece of silverware is delivered , confidence will soar on the park. Then watch us go.

Recruitment
Marketing
Coaching staff
New retail arrangements
Website
Rangers TV provision

Elite level clubs win things. We’re not there... yet!

We are far from the elite status. Yes, massive strides in improvement have happened, but don't kid yourself, outside of Scotland few care.

I don’t disagree with those saying we have to start winning but the building blocks are being put in place for longer term success rather than throwing money at short term approaches. I’m convinced we are closely following the Liverpool model for success. The long game always has some frustration on the way but it’ll be worth it when we start to reclaim our place at the top of the game. Man Utd under Fergie and Klopp at Liverpool are the best examples and both took time to build from the bottom up.

While I agree in the most part ... until we hear champions league music at Ibrox again ... that’s when we will truly be elite again

We are a decent sized club. Huge in Scotland.

Until we start lifting trophies again most won't be happy and rightly so.

We are the best team in Scotland by every conceivable measure.

And we're only just getting started. Gerrard is building a dynasty and we're getting ready for a decade of dominance. It's our time again.

Back