Back to the real stuff - your team vs Dund Utd.

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz
Raskin
Jack
Cantwell
Tillman
Colak
Morelos
It's a 4-2-2-2 but going with the fact we've been shaking the formation up recently from what I have seen I think it would be worth a shout

Last edited:
McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz
Raskin
Jack
Cantwell
Tillman
Colak
Morelos
It's a 4-2-2 but going with the fact we've been shaking the formation up recently from what I have seen I think it would be worth a shout
Would be interesting to see if they can work as a 2.
I would probably go a 5 across the back/middle depending on how you look at it if we are to play 2 up top though.

Would be interesting to see if they can work as a 2.
I would probably go a 5 across the back/middle depending on how you look at it if we are to play 2 up top though.
Yes while with a game like Scumdee Utd at home you want to be on the front foot the whole time the thought had crossed my mind that perhaps a more cautious approach at the back would compliment the front 2 nicely.

My thinking was worrying about the competency of the 3CHs specifically, but I am not going to be the one picking the team for Saturday so I don't need to lose sleep over this

Anyone

Tav Goldson Davies Borna

Cantwell Raskin Tillman

Fashion whoever Kent

Would normally start Jack, but think Beale is going to have a hard time getting Cantwell and Tillman into the same team, and it’s definitely not happening next week, so best to try it Saturday.

Wouldnt start raskin but will bring him on

Mcgregor
Tav goldson souttar ridvan
Jack lundstrum cantwell
TIllman Morelos Kent

I wonder if it’s time to try Tilman as a number 9, Colak hasn’t been upto much and Alfie, well, he’s elsewhere just now.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Davies Ridvan

Lundstrum Cantwell Raskin

Sakala Tilman Kent​

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Davies, Yilmaz; Raskin, Jack, Cantwell; Tillman, Sakala, Colak

Would be my preferred. He will no doubt stick with Kent once again & probably even Morelos.

Might be a daft question but why would he not suit the managers formation ?

I would have thought every player should be able to play any formation in this league.
He does, because he allows Kent to either go inside or drift out wide. That said, Barisic is on very good form right now.

Might be a daft question but why would he not suit the managers formation ?

I would have thought every player should be able to play any formation in this league.
Because Gio signed him to play in a formation where the wingers hogged the touchline and the full backs when pushing up moved more inside. MB plays without winger and wants full backs to go more wide. Yilmaz is not suited to playing wide so I believe with money tight he will feel it’s better to sell him for 3-4 million and use that money to strengthen

Beale will need to have one eye on next week's visit to the Lair and I don't think we can trust Borna there as a lot of goals come from his side or switching off.

Yilmaz should be well versed in hostile atmosphere's having played in Istanbul so time for him to step up and get more minutes in the legs.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yimaz

Cantwell
Raskin
Tillman

Fash
Alf
Kent

What makes you say that?

I thought he looked good when he came on against Motherwell and could start against Utd.
I just don't think Beale has any time for him now, barring injuries I see Alfie spending the vast majority of his remaining time at Rangers on the bench.

I like the idea of the creativity of Tillman and Cantwell both in the team, but not sure we can play both plus keep a front 3 ahead of them.
Just the one defensive minded midfielder was tried once and it didn't work.

So do we drop Sakala or Kent to accommodate Tillman?

Back