Back to the real stuff - your team vs Dund Utd.

If all players who are not long term injuries are available
I'd go

McGregor
Tav
Borna
Soutar
Goldson
Raskin
Jack
Cantwell
Kent
Colak
Sakala

Subs
McLaughlin but maybe it's time to have a change on the bench in goals and have mccrorie
Ridvan
Davies
Devine
Alfie
Arfield
Lundstrum
Hagi
Tillman

Or maybe try something different before going to the peasants

Play 352

McGregor
Borna
Tav
Goldson
Lundstrum
Davies
Jack
Raskin
Cantwell
Kent
Sakala

In a 523 using lundstrum to step put with the ball and sit on top of hetate and stop them getting ball in our half in midfield and when hart has the ball try and pressure him utilising sakalas pace

Despite us playing with a “back 4” usually….. we normally only have two at the back (Goldson and Davies). Even this sometimes gets viewed negatively when we have 2 x defensive minded midfielders like Kamara, Lundstram playing in front of them.

People now want us to play with 5 defenders, three of which will be flat at the back with Souttar, Goldson and Davies.

So we’re sacrificing a player higher up the pitch to chuck in an extra CB! :eek:
Mental!

Understand it if we’re away to Man City in the champions league next year but not at home to any SPFL jobbers!
I'd play lundstrum in the with his ability to press the most forward of the opposition midfield and his ability to play passes and keep possession but it needs to be lundstrum of jan 22 to may 22 not the current form hes in

Why look at it like we wouldn’t lose much creativity by replacing lundstram with Souttar?

Why not look at how we could improve our creativity by replacing Lundstram with another Tillman/Cantwell type.
We would improve defensively.

So without losing anything, we would gain strength at the back.

We can maybe look to win 3-0 instead of 3-2.

We would improve defensively.

So without losing anything, we would gain strength at the back.

We can maybe look to win 3-0 instead of 3-2.

You’re actually suggesting we need to play 5 defenders to keep a clean sheet?

Improving our midfield with a better midfielder (maybe that is changing out Lundstram), improving our defence (maybe that’s changing out Barisic or Tav), improving our GK (upgrading this area in general) will contribute to keeping clean sheets.

Make be having better players and tempo middle to front keeps the opposition away from our defence, as supposed to the idea of putting extra players into defence.

One thing I’m certain of….. We don’t need 5 defenders against SPFL jobbers to help us keep clean sheets ffs :))

What’s the gig with Raskin?

That thread that was on here from someone saying that they seen him in IKEA and he was limping seems to have been pulled.

Not sure why, or whether or not it turned out to be a lot of shite, but if he’s still limping after a fortnight then you know where that’s going.

Personally I think pace and power is the way to beat the bheasts so I would be getting a team set up for that with a 352.

McGregor

Tav
Souttar (extra man for set pieces)
Goldson
Davis
Ridvan (pace)

Raskin
Lundstram (slightly in front, more of a box to box as I feel he isn’t technical enough to be a holding mid)
Cantwell

Kent

Morelos (just feel he offers more outside of the box)
Fashion (hopefully he can do what he did Hibs away.

The extra centre half will hopefully help us score from a set piece as we just aren’t clinical enough up top. I would most likely replace Lundstram with Jack but I can’t help but feel he will be injured when the game comes along. Tillman could be very useful of the bench.

That thread that was on here from someone saying that they seen him in IKEA and he was limping seems to have been pulled.

Not sure why, or whether or not it turned out to be a lot of shite, but if he’s still limping after a fortnight then you know where that’s going.
I saw Borna at the airport and it looked like he was limping. Think that’s just the way he walks :D

Personally I think pace and power is the way to beat the bheasts so I would be getting a team set up for that with a 352.

McGregor

Tav
Souttar (extra man for set pieces)
Goldson
Davis
Ridvan (pace)

Raskin
Lundstram (slightly in front, more of a box to box as I feel he isn’t technical enough to be a holding mid)
Cantwell

Kent

Morelos (just feel he offers more outside of the box)
Fashion (hopefully he can do what he did Hibs away.

The extra centre half will hopefully help us score from a set piece as we just aren’t clinical enough up top. I would most likely replace Lundstram with Jack but I can’t help but feel he will be injured when the game comes along. Tillman could be very useful of the bench.

Why suggest it’s three in defence when it’s actually five?

Not necessarily you on this occasion mate. but in this thread in general - are people afraid to say they’d like to see us play a 5-3-2 in the SPFL against absolute jobbers and that a “back three” just sounds better. Even though there’s two defenders either side of that “back three”

Call it what it is….. we’ve got posters wanting us to play 5 defenders v Dundee Utd at Ibrox this weekend :eek:

5 fücking defenders at home against a team who have picked up only two points from a possible eighteen over their last 6 matches. :))

Why suggest it’s three in defence when it’s actually five?

Not necessarily you on this occasion mate. but in this thread in general - are people afraid to say they’d like to see us play a 5-3-2 in the SPFL against absolute jobbers and that a “back three” just sounds better. Even though there’s two defenders either side of that “back three”

Call it what it is….. we’ve got posters wanting us to play 5 defenders v Dundee Utd at Ibrox this weekend :eek:

5 fücking defenders at home against a team who have picked up only two points from a possible eighteen over their last 6 matches. :))
Our full backs are very creative. Sure Barisic has the most assists and Tav is a far better finisher than Kent. I would fancy Tav to score more as a wingback than Kent and Cantwell together in their normal positions. Tav at least attacks the back post. Scored many in Europe doing just that.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Davies Borna

Raskin Jack Cantwell

Sakala Morelos Kent

Tillman starts if anyone in the middle or wide areas is struggling with a knock... if hes a sub Tillman on for 30mins regardless

---------McGregor
Tav-Goldson-Davies-Barisic
--Tillman-Raskin-Cantwell
-----------Kent
-------Colak-Morelos

Sub on Jack and Sakala around 60 -70 mins once the games won so they get some minutes ahead of the old firm. I think we could take 5 or 6 off them if we turn up so if we are leading by 2 or 3 at half time could give Souttar and Yilmaz some game time as well.

You’re actually suggesting we need to play 5 defenders to keep a clean sheet?

Improving our midfield with a better midfielder (maybe that is changing out Lundstram), improving our defence (maybe that’s changing out Barisic or Tav), improving our GK (upgrading this area in general) will contribute to keeping clean sheets.

Make be having better players and tempo middle to front keeps the opposition away from our defence, as supposed to the idea of putting extra players into defence.

One thing I’m certain of….. We don’t need 5 defenders against SPFL jobbers to help us keep clean sheets ffs :))
It'll be quite tricky to make those improvements before the Dundee United game.

I wouldn't be surprised at today's presser if Michael Beale informs that Raskin is still injured

Really hope he sticks with yilmaz with a view to having him an available and ready for semi final.
Borna might well not be the future but, right now, he more than deserves to start. Ridvan Yilmaz has a bit to go yet to merit displacing him. I don't see Ridvan starting either of the two forthcoming games against the Dhims - he might get the last one at Ibrox.

McGregor

Souttar Goldson Davies

Tav Raskin Jack Cantwell Yilmaz

Tillman Colak
I’d seriously love to see this starting line up.
I do not think Beale will go for it though.
He seems stuck in the 4-2-3-1 formation
Meaning Raskin and Jack in the 2 with Cantwell, Tillman and Kent in the 3 with Colak up front.
Which keeps Souttar on the bench

Back