Background on Willem II

mdingwall

Administrator
Record-willem-ii-IMG-3179-2.jpg

Sun-Willem-II-IMG-3173-2-copy.jpg

Times-Willem-II-1-IMG-3159.jpg

Times-WIllem-II-2-IMG-3160.jpg

We’ve not to underestimate them.

Fs, I’d say they are favourites at this time.

H&H podcast yest said bookies had us slight faves

Edit - has anyone found their fans forum? I couldnt find it to have a read at what theyre saying.

This lot are a good organised outfit. We need to concentrate and communicate at the back,as they're more than capable of popping in goals.

According to Euro coefficient we are ranked
68 and Willem 164. I know that means very little, especially on a ‘one off’ tie. last year the reverse was true and we were down at 128 & beat teams in our present area in the Table.
we should beat them but let’s be cautious.
byw Galatasaray are ranked 76.

This will be a very difficult tie. I'd feel a bit more confident if it was at Ibrox. I still think these one-off ties should always be at neutral grounds so that no team has home advantage.
Not really viable with this pandemic though is it?

It is a huge and unfair advantage to be given a home tie in a one-off game. The away goal rule should count for the away team in these one off games to show fairness.
Under normal circumstances I would completely agree with you but not having any fans does dilute the advantage a fair bit I think.

50/50. Going to be a tough one.
Yeah and the odds should be much closer to that imo.
I was really surprised that we're odds on favs for this.
At those odds, unless you fancy the Dutch mob, then it's not touchable.

Hopefully we scrape through with an odd goal in 3 or similar but this won't be easy.

Under normal circumstances I would completely agree with you but not having any fans does dilute the advantage a fair bit I think.
Are there no fans there?
Dutch fans have been allowed in to
League matches

Willem II, decent side.

But not Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord or even Alkmaar. We never feared Feyenoord, Porto, Villarreal et al so why Willem?

It is a huge and unfair advantage to be given a home tie in a one-off game. The away goal rule should count for the away team in these one off games to show fairness.
Na, I don’t agree. Away goals would be too much over one tie. When no fans as well.

Back