Bacuna set to join Birmingham

Shame. Had seen flashes of a player in there. Think he just needed a run of games to find form.

Another body down in the CM/ "10" Role though. Need some players in.
I agree I feel he was a talented player and showed flashes but you know you at rangers you hardly ever get time I would keep him until at least the summer

If this is true it goes to show that Gio is very ruthless. Clearly Stirling Albion was the last chance saloon for Bacuna and clearly Gio didn’t like what he saw.

If true then that’s a similar attribute to Gerrard. Gerrard was equally ruthless in dismissing a lot of players after one or two bad performances, such as Sadiq and Grezda.

A very frustrating player.

Talent & vision, no doubt, but he didn’t look that fit on Friday & doesn’t seem effective within a match, which seems to me down to his lack of commitment.

I wish him the best, nevertheless.
one of the most frustrating things in football is a player with talent but a bad attitude, which renders their talent useless

The boy is a talent but he isnt what we need nor likely to make it in Scottish football.

File under 'Umar Siddique'

3375-AE44-6934-4-FF1-9-B95-F83-CB623-A356.jpg

Charlie is a massive waffler right enough:))

Talk earlier in that thread about a £1m midfielder?
Daily Record - big Scottish paper who are normally correct

I'd certainly dispute one of his claims :D

Good luck to the lad, just didnt work out.
Despite what people are saying about attitude I thought he worked pretty hard on the pitch, and was decent at tracking back!

Just doesn't look like a player who is going to be a solid or consistent performer from what we've seen. Wee flashes of technical quality, but something just not a good fit. Hasn't had a lot of game time, but that in itself is often a good indicator of how he stacks up with the squad in the management's eyes.

Best of luck to him.

Not had enough minutes, and when called upon he’s just not been decisive enough or even consistent enough.

Definitely a player in there, he’s just not built for the hustle and bustle of Scottish Football when he would rather slow the pace down and be creative. A shame really, because we require a creative player with good intelligence on the ball. His pass for Sakala last week was a sublime ball to be played.

Let’s see what happens with this, but a good move for both parties at the moment.

Expect Lowry to start tonight
I would like to see Lowry start. It's time we started giving our youth a chance and put our trust in the model we have. The fans have a part to play in getting behind the young players when things aren't going for them during a game.

Juninho Bacuna set for Rangers exit as Birmingham City near agreement for Dutch midfielder​

Gio van Bronckhorst is open to allowing Bacuna to return to the English Championship in this window.

Birmingham City are closing in on a deal for Rangers midfielder Juninho Bacuna.

The Blues are keen on giving the Dutchman a return to the English Championship.

Birmingham are unable, as it stands, to cover what Bacuna is on at Rangers but an agreement looks likely to be struck.

The Dutchman moved to Rangers from Huddersfield in August but has struggled for first-team football.

Steven Gerrard signed him but he hasn’t had a lot of game time under his successor, Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

His fellow Dutchman is now set to allow him to leave.

Bacuna netted his only Rangers goal in a win over Ross County in November and has made 12 appearances since being signed by Gerrard.

It would be a return to the second tier of English football for the Curacao internationalist having joined from Huddersfield Town five months ago.
I thought all Championship clubs could blow us out the water regarding wages???

Fantastic news, a really poor signing. Smacked of a player that was really low down on the list. Hopefully this is a permanent switch but I fear it may be a six month loan.

I admit that I expected him to offer more to us (though he may still show his true worth for someone). When he signed for us I thought it was a deal for Gustavo Hamer we had been working on.

With Hagi out, I thought we might see more of Bacuna. Young Lowry to step up or a new signing imminent?

From what I understand, he is one of our highest earners.

If it means getting him off the wage bill to bring another midfielder or two in, then I am all for this.

The second Bacuna was introduced to the crowd at Half Time v Alashkert when it was 0-0 we all really knew it wouldn’t work out for him, didn’t we? I have never seen such a “meh” reaction to a new signing like that night.
Was this the one that he didn't even come out the tunnel, more the side of the stand?
Was wondering where he was, highlight of the game though.

First sign of madness mate.

That's your opinion and your entitled to it.

I'm not saying he's the greatest but the boy has ability ( goal v Ross County) and a tremendous pass to Sakala the other night.

I know we need a lot more than we seen but he definitely has ability, maybe not the right attitude and that could be the reason he never got more minutes.
We move on.

This was like when we brought in Barker because we thought we were going to miss out on Kent.

Bacuna was signed because we couldn't bring in Veerman presumably.

He's not in the fold at all so it's a move best for both parties.

A very frustrating player.

Talent & vision, no doubt, but he didn’t look that fit on Friday & doesn’t seem effective within a match, which seems to me down to his lack of commitment.

I wish him the best, nevertheless.
I suspect we were just putting him in the window. Certainly talented but something not quite right about this signing.

We're going to end up covering part of his salary to get him out the door.

An utterly pointless signing.

I cant understand why. He must be on a decent sum if we have to to part with some cash in the deal. I might be wrong but he came here on a year loan type of contract from Huddersfield, was he not and it cant have much more months to run. Im sure there is some funny clause in his contract meaning he is still a Huddersfield player.

Last edited:
Seems valid to say GvB wasn’t too impressed by Bacuna’s suitability for his squad doesn’t it .

I’m figuring if this goes through then the slot is suited to Joe Rothwell perhaps ?

Nothing mentioned in the Brummie article re fee either we not due an amount then

There’s a player there, his ball through for the Sakala goal against Stirling Albion shows this but the fact that a Dutchman has came in and he’s away says it all about his application.

I wish him well in his future career.

The financial deal behind the Bacuna transfer seemed really strange, we never found out much detail.

From the little we know think we got him for free with extra fees based on appearances, perhaps offloading him so we don't have to pay any of the appearance fees.

Does he need a lift?!

We were warned of this guys attitude prior to signing him which made it a very odd transfer

Back