Bacuna set to join Birmingham

Somewhat strange, but or CM is filled up to the hilt. If it is a permanent deal, you do wonder what he fee might be.

Wonder whether we will indeed see some unexpected movement these next few days.

Unexpected movement? You’re not expecting us to sign anyone?

I cant understand why. He must be on a decent sum if we have to to part with some cash in the deal. I might be wrong but he came here on a year loan type of contract from Huddersfield, was he not and it cant have much more months to run. Im sure there is some funny clause in his contract meaning he is still a Huddersfield player.

Just found it, any fee that was due to Huddersfield was built on

Appearance-based
European-based
Sell-on

Not worked. Fred’s up some wages, best for everyone.
YabaDabaDoo

MZYj5Kh.gif

I have the feeling people have probably said "there's a player in there" ever since he was a young boy and will continue to say it right up until the day he retires having never really made an impact anywhere.

Didn't work out, good to nip it in the bud early and get someone else in.

Good luck to him wasn’t going to work out at Ibrox.
His attitude seemed to be not the best wasn’t prepared to work hard enough, talent isn’t enough without application.
A bit of cash in and wages freed up this window , would expect one starter in now though.

The second Bacuna was introduced to the crowd at Half Time v Alashkert when it was 0-0 we all really knew it wouldn’t work out for him, didn’t we? I have never seen such a “meh” reaction to a new signing like that night.

That night as I was leaving Ibrox out the main entrance, him and his representative were sat there on a bench. Loads of fans walked right past him and never said a thing, felt very strange at the time and just added to the overall feeling of being underwhelmed by his signing.

If he can’t start games when half our midfield are out it says it all about how highly Gio rates him.

Leaves us a bit light tonight though

Juninho Bacuna set for Rangers exit as Birmingham City near agreement for Dutch midfielder​

Gio van Bronckhorst is open to allowing Bacuna to return to the English Championship in this window.

Birmingham City are closing in on a deal for Rangers midfielder Juninho Bacuna.

The Blues are keen on giving the Dutchman a return to the English Championship.

Birmingham are unable, as it stands, to cover what Bacuna is on at Rangers but an agreement looks likely to be struck.

The Dutchman moved to Rangers from Huddersfield in August but has struggled for first-team football.

Steven Gerrard signed him but he hasn’t had a lot of game time under his successor, Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

His fellow Dutchman is now set to allow him to leave.

Bacuna netted his only Rangers goal in a win over Ross County in November and has made 12 appearances since being signed by Gerrard.

It would be a return to the second tier of English football for the Curacao internationalist having joined from Huddersfield Town five months ago.
Ach well, good luck to the lad. He never quite made it at Ibrox.

Another one who it feels like hasn’t really been given a chance on the pitch, but presumably that’s because he’s not shown up in training.
The Record showing up it’s level of journalism though talking about Gio’s ‘fellow Dutchman’ when Bacuna plays for Curacao.

I thought that most Championship clubs could blow us out the water re wages. The article states that they can't offer him what we were paying him??????
This is a bit of a myth. A few sides with seriously wealthy owners or those who are getting parachute payments from the EPL can outspend us but it’s not a hard fast rule.

Best of luck to the lad. Their is a player in there.
Yeah, he's got talent but no point in keeping him if Gio isn't going to play him.

It's a strange one as I thought with the dutch connection and him still only 24 then there was a chance to develop. I can only guess that they don't see him applying himself to their required standard or being capable or taking on and working to their tactics / instructions.

Like you say, best of luck to him.

With Hagi ruled out, and bacuna’s wage freed up, and the fact we punted Patterson for 12 mil, it’s time to get some quality in, and get 56 and the champions league qualification tied up.

A very strange signing and a player who never really seemed to fit in - or wanted to be here. Possibly dazzled by Gerrard and when that went he lost even more interest.

Very confident of incoming(s).

A very strange signing and a player who never really seemed to fit in - or wanted to be here. Possibly dazzled by Gerrard and when that went he lost even more interest.

Very confident of incomings.
It was another plan B signing after the Malmo disaster the fact Gerrard barely played him said it all same goes for GVB.

Good news.

He thought he was better than what he was.

Hopefully free's up some wages to get players in.
Was a gamble worth taking as didn't pay a fee for him. Didn't work out in the end and at least we can free up the wages and move on.

If this is true it goes to show that Gio is very ruthless. Clearly Stirling Albion was the last chance saloon for Bacuna and clearly Gio didn’t like what he saw.

If true then that’s a similar attribute to Gerrard. Gerrard was equally ruthless in dismissing a lot of players after one or two bad performances, such as Sadiq and Grezda.
Think we have to be ruthless as money is tight. Hopefully they can find Barker a club and get him off the wage bill too.

Back