Bacuna set to join Birmingham

Think it came down to attitude. Always looked like he was playing at 70% effort, which is never going to be enough at Ibrox. He never got anything like a run in the team, but that probably only proves the point about attitude. Showed some class on the ball and a shame we didn't see more of that side of his game, but players like Bacuna aren't going to win you titles. Good luck to him.

Honestly think this boy might have an attitude problem. Honestly think he has the tools to excel with a bit more effort.

Not a player I would have written off at this stage but if Gio wants to let him go and get somebody else in, so be it. We'll see what actually happens.

Think it came down to attitude. Always looked like he was playing at 70% effort, which is never going to be enough at Ibrox. He never got anything like a run in the team, but that probably only proves the point about attitude. Showed some class on the ball and a shame we didn't see more of that side of his game, but players like Bacuna aren't going to win you titles. Good luck to him.
Tend to agree - I'm guess he had the same approach to training and therefore didn't deserve to get a run of games. Best of luck to him, he's only 24 so will learn and has the talent so may work out somewhere else with less pressure and more opportunities.

Given time I think we could have beefed up his performance, there is players there just needs the right coach and time to bring his best out. Anyway good luck to the guy.

Yeah comes across as having that lazy / strolling through games style / look about him only he's not getting on the ball enough to get away with it. Some good flashes but few and far between.
Yep.

And to be fair, we were warned by Huddersfield fans that - although he had a talent - his work rate, attitude and commitment weren't exactly his strong points.

So it should come as no surprise how it has turned out.

3375-AE44-6934-4-FF1-9-B95-F83-CB623-A356.jpg

Charlie is a massive waffler right enough:))

Talk earlier in that thread about a £1m midfielder?
Stopped reading at big Scottish paper who are normally correct.
:))

Yep.

And to be fair, we were warned by Huddersfield fans that - although he had a talent - his work rate, attitude and commitment weren't exactly his strong points.

So it should come as no surprise how it has turned out.
Which made us signing him bizarre from the outset.

If he couldn't do it for Huddersfield he was never doing it for us.

Another lesson learnt for Ross Wilson.

Last edited:
It’s only good if he frees up the wages if a replacement comes in.
With Hagi injured and Bacuna leaving, then it will make space on the bench for more opportunities for Charlie McCann or Lowry and free up some wages for Hagi's replacement.

Does this mean Lowry will be part of the first team going forward then?
I think Lowry and McCann had already been drafted into training with the first team squad for the rest of the season anyway, it's just whether they could make the match day squads but with 5 subs allowed, Bacuna going and Hagi injured then it gives them more of a chance to get minutes.

I was thinking the same, he seemed to be in the huff for not getting enough game time, and when the time came to prove what he could do, he was just going through the motions.
Ego problem maybe?
I wish him luck.

Pish attitude from a bang average player

Should never have been signed & will never have a chance at a club as big again

Good riddance

Disappointing. I'll not be too upset as long as we get some additional cover in before the end of the window. I was always behind him when he played but he just didn't appear to care enough, which is a shame.

We have to trust Gio's judgement,he obviously didn't fancy him and hopefully has a replacement in mind with letting him leave and freeing up wages.

Which made us signing him bizarre from the outset.

If he couldn't do it for Huddersfield he was never doing it for us.

Another lesson learnt for Ross Wilson.
Perhaps the hope was that he could motivate himself better at a club like ours with all the incredible opportunities that brings?

The Birmingham post saying they bid for him on Tuesday

Not sure if any figures have been mentioned but I doubt we are really losing anything out of this deal overall

Average player that was never going to work out.

Well done to Wilson for getting him out of the door with a fee but he should never have been signed.

Average player that was never going to work out.

Well done to Wilson for getting him out of the door with a fee but he should never have been signed.
Was it not his signing?

Summer transfer business was dreadful; Bacuna now out the door, Lundstram who we’d let go, a third choice striker and a prospect on a free transfer that was a project player

Why was more not made of it in the summer? Utterly dreadful

Freeing up some wages for someone to come in?
The sale of Patterson the compensation for Gerrard, Defoe being released and now Baccuna leaving that must surely represent a sizable amount of money, if nobody is brought in in the next few days it has to be a concern regarding the clubs finances especially with Hagi out for the rest of the season

Birmingham paid £2m to the sheep for that haddy Cosgrove, so they absolutely can afford to cover what Bacuna is on and fire a fee at us as well

Honestly don’t think Bacuna going weakens the squad. From what I seen on Friday, Lowry will prove to be a more able backup option than Bacuna has shown to be.

The sale of Patterson the compensation for Gerrard, Defoe being released and now Baccuna leaving that must surely represent a sizable amount of money, if nobody is brought in in the next few days it has to be a concern regarding the clubs finances especially with Hagi out for the rest of the season
We’ve signed Souttar and Sands and just in the past day or so our manager said we were looking to be active in the window :)):))
#Concerned lol

Was it not his signing?

Summer transfer business was dreadful; Bacuna now out the door, Lundstram who we’d let go, a third choice striker and a prospect on a free transfer that was a project player

I think there was quite a bit of discontent. But as ever you will get a fair number who will clap along with a smile no matter what happens.

Same folk who will make excuses if we don't sign some quality this window.

Was it not his signing?

It’s been the same the past couple of windows.

January 2021 wasn’t great either. Simpson and Ofoborh, dare I need to say anything. Scott Wright as well who is just ok. He’s a young Scottish player and has shown glimpses but I’m just not seeing it.

We have to get the next two windows right as we’ll have a big turnover this summer coming.

We have to stop signing players who are we want out the door two months after signing. Lundstram and Bacuna must be two of the worst signings in recent history.

Thought we might have waited a couple days for Aribo and Arfield to be fir and available.

Seems to leave us a bit light tonight.

Never looked like he was going to make it here, but I don’t really get all the animosity shown towards him. Seems to be assumption on based on body language and not much more. Good luck to him either way, I’m sure it’s for the best.

We really do need someone to come in before the window shuts now. That’s out attacking options down by 2 in a matter of days.

Back