Bacuna set to join Birmingham

It’s been the same the past couple of windows.

January 2021 wasn’t great either. Simpson and Ofoborh, dare I need to say anything. Scott Wright as well who is just ok. He’s a young Scottish player and has shown glimpses but I’m just not seeing it.

We have to get the next two windows right as we’ll have a big turnover this summer coming.

We have to stop signing players who are we want out the door two months after signing. Lundstram and Bacuna must be two of the worst signings in recent history.
For the wages outlay, you may well be correct but I don’t think lundstram has been that bad, just doesn’t stand out or warrant the wage

January 2021 wasn’t great either. Simpson and Ofoborh, dare I need to say anything. Scott Wright as well who is just ok. He’s a young Scottish player and has shown glimpses but I’m just not seeing it.

We have to get the next two windows right as we’ll have a big turnover this summer coming.

We have to stop signing players who are we want out the door two months after signing. Lundstram and Bacuna must be two of the worst signings in recent history.
Signing players that have not really been successful anywhere because we see something in them that can be coached is just not working and has made up a large percentage of our business model over the last few windows

We would be better adding one or two players of quality. Especially since we have had a very good squad to build on

Posted this in another thread yesterday.

Since we signed Kent in 2019 the vast majority have been squad fillers.

Take out Roofe, Hagi and Bassey this season.

We’re left with:
McLaughlin
Defoe
Balogun
Itten
Zungu
Simpson
Wright
Sakala
Lundstram
Bacuna.

We really need to add quality to our starting 11, I know it’s not as easy as it is written done but I think it’s clear we’re needing something fresh in the 11 at times.

The second Bacuna was introduced to the crowd at Half Time v Alashkert when it was 0-0 we all really knew it wouldn’t work out for him, didn’t we? I have never seen such a “meh” reaction to a new signing like that night.
That’s because he was still in huddersfield or alashkert!

Olsen bid possibly.

Stand to be corrected but I think that ship has sailed.

No matter what, if Bacuna does go, that alongside Hagi's season ending injury, as well as Arfield, Davis and esp Jack become more and more susceptible to injury, we really need two good signings. Otherwise we could hand the initiative to the Scum.

Posted this in another thread yesterday.

Since we signed Kent in 2019 the vast majority have been squad fillers.

Take out Roofe, Hagi and Bassey this season.

We’re left with:
McLaughlin
Defoe
Balogun
Itten
Zungu
Simpson
Wright
Sakala
Lundstram
Bacuna.

We really need to add quality to our starting 11, I know it’s not as easy as it is written done but I think it’s clear we’re needing something fresh in the 11 at times.
Balogan and McLaughlin done a job when required, the rest haven’t really improved things

Good deal for the club but can't help but feel he's a talent waiting to be unlocked hopefully gives us room to maneuver in this window

Was sitting in SW3 during the horrendous Alashkert game when he was presented and did the whole walk thing along the sides, I personally thought he seemed a bit of a strange one, looking at the crowd with a weird cocky smirk.

Steven Pressley was right then :))

No need to keep people on who don’t offer much. Barker next, you’d think.

I have the feeling people have probably said "there's a player in there" ever since he was a young boy and will continue to say it right up until the day he retires having never really made an impact anywhere.

Didn't work out, good to nip it in the bud early and get someone else in.
The Josh windass syndrome

Screenshot-20220126-184205-Chrome.jpg

First sentence at 5:02 and the first sentence at 5:03. I fucking love this place.

All the best to him, quite clear that Lowry will take his place in the first team squad now, hopefully frees up some wages for a centre mid and a right forward!

I got the impression this lad was one of these players who needs a “home”, somewhere he feels comfortable.
Looks like that’s not now going to be with us, he hasn’t bad mouthed us or done anything negative so good luck to him and all the best in finding the right place to flourish.

Good luck to him. I don’t have any ill feelings towards him, just don’t think he fitted in with our style, formation etc. Probably a decent player if he got some game time but wasn’t going to get it here.

Good move for him and for us. It's simply not going to work out for him here at Rangers. I don't know if he would eventually come good as I think he has some good ability about him but it's probably the best for both parties to move on. It did always seem a bit of a strange/panic signing.

Yeah he said around £1m.

I would be delighted if we got a million for him. Nit worked out for him here. I would imagine Huddersfield would he due a decent wedge of it given the way the deal to get him here was done.

Oh %^*& me rigid. Was it the build-up play? Was it the cross? Was it wee Scotty's unorthodox finish? Was it being a goal up after 80 minutes of frustration?

Nope. It was seeing Jimmy Bell with a smile as wide as the Clyde.
Quoting myself. I obviously had two threads opened at the same time and posted in the wrong one. This was meant for the match thread.

Great to see a smile on wee Jimmy's physog as he was preparing the board for Ryan Jack's substitution. That's all!

Back