Bacuna Substition

I thought it was quite a negative sub. Two pacey players off for a centre forward and an attacking centre midfielder
One of the pacey players (Wright) had an absolute stinker and arguably should have been hooked earlier as he was an empty shirt yesterday.

We were struggling to break down their defence and maybe they thought Alfie's hold up player and ability to drag defenders out of position would help.

Terrible decision to take Wright of, we had fallen out of the match but that was more the inability of the midfield to win the ball back and retain possession. Davis or Kamara should have went for Bacuna and at least kept some pace/directness up front.

We always seem to lose our shape when changes are made when we are chasing a game and then end up being more ineffective than before the changes.

One of the pacey players (Wright) had an absolute stinker and arguably should have been hooked earlier as he was an empty shirt yesterday.

We were struggling to break down their defence and maybe they thought Alfie's hold up player and ability to drag defenders out of position would help.
I thought Wright first half did well as did Sakala the introduction of Morelos just allowed Motherwell to push further up the park as they know he's not going to outrun their defenders.

No problem with bringing Bacuna on but the subs in general were made far too late. Everyone could see their goal coming with how the previous 10 mins played out. However, the decision to sub our only 2 pacy players off at the same time was quite strange I thought.

Gerrard said in his press conference that Bacuna's been in his ear about getting more game time so I'd be surprised if he doesn't play on Wednesday.

Back