Bacuna - Thoughts on his brief appearances

Very early but played some cracking passes V Livingston! Once fully fit I think he'll prove a great addition

I think Gerrard deliberately mentioning him in the interview was designed to put a bit of pressure on one or two players who are not performing at the moment.
Roofe was poor today. Kamara was giving the ball away and looked uncomfortable at times and Aribo was from his best.

Agree with the OP. Looks hungry for it and keen to show for the ball and get involved. I’d happily see him get a good bit more game time given how we’re playing at the moment.

We desperately need some energy and enthusiasm in the performances.

I think Gerrard deliberately mentioning him in the interview was designed to put a bit of pressure on one or two players who are not performing at the moment.
Roofe was poor today. Kamara was giving the ball away and looked uncomfortable at times and Aribo was from his best.

Roofe was diabolical today. His stupid diving was annoying too. Should’ve been hooked much sooner.

He looks decent and his passing in the Livi game looked very direct and defence splitting. There's a definite swagger about him especially when he is one on one and plays the who will make the first move although I'm sure it won't be long before he starts getting halved up here for doing it.

If he’s fit and up to speed he can’t be far away from starting games. We couldn’t be any worse than we are at the minute to be honest

Biggest reservation for me when he signed were the reports that his attitude had been an issue at Huddersfield. A couple of tiny signs the coaches will need to keep an eye on him and work with him: His booking was stupid today, and there have been a couple of incidents where I felt he gave up and stopped chasing after losing the ball.

But for the most part, glad to see that he looks like he has genuine ability and can bring a dimension that we don't have. That pass from halfway v Livi was unbelievable.

He looks really, really quick and if we can get a channel splitting ball through to his runs, he’ll be on a one-on-one more. Getting that hold up play from Morelos and him coming through the space could be a great option. Roofe would be the fall guy but an other change to that tactic.

Biggest reservation for me when he signed were the reports that his attitude had been an issue at Huddersfield. A couple of tiny signs the coaches will need to keep an eye on him and work with him: His booking was stupid today, and there have been a couple of incidents where I felt he gave up and stopped chasing after losing the ball.

But for the most part, glad to see that he looks like he has genuine ability and can bring a dimension that we don't have. That pass from halfway v Livi was unbelievable.
Was not aware of those reports but that would perhaps explain why his career appeared to stagnate.
Agree about stupid booking.

If he’s fit and up to speed he can’t be far away from starting games. We couldn’t be any worse than we are at the minute to be honest
If fit and up to speed he has to start, the midfield has been too slow, safe and predictable for a while now. Really in need of a bit creativity and drive

Roofe was diabolical today. His stupid diving was annoying too. Should’ve been hooked much sooner.
Was thinking the same thing. I believe it was capucho years ago that had an opportunity to score, but decided to fake being tackled in the box and rolled around as if he was shot!

Next season after being with Gerrard and Gary Mac I bet dollars to say he will be a main player in our side you can see he has all the tools he just needs help using them imo.

He's the first signing I have thought he will be challenging for first 11 immediately.

JL is getting there.

Still early days. We will improve.

Much like his performances for Huddersfield, he stands in the centre circle until there’s a break on and then he gets interested.

Will be useful, but I’ll be surprised if he starts games where we expect pressure.

Start him against Hibs, we need to freshen things up and I would also have Barisic back in and hope he can play his way into form, we miss his delivery from the left especially when we are not putting teams away, one special delivery can make all the difference.

Lively, brings a bit of tempo. Needs to compose himself though and actually find that first pass.

There's a player in there though.

I’m Hoping big time that we’ve unearthed a real talent here. Not seen enough yet but you can just sense there is a proper player in there.

From what I’ve seen he looks very good going forward, but unsure what his discipline or defensive side is like.

He looks like the stereotype of what we sign in a midfielder, class control, quick feet, get a man on to him so he can skin him quick and take the other team out of shape

I was surprised how strong and tenacious he was. I can't remember when it was today but he knocked the ball off a Dundee player a couple of times but just outstrengthed them and kept getting the ball back.

Why was he booked mate didnt catch that moment ?

Looks positive, calm, neat and tidy on the ball.

Hopefully turns out to be a good addition.
Terrible. He’ll never make it.

Genius, better than Laudrup.

Choose one. We’ve now seen almost half an hour of him, time to choose a side and stick to it even if evidence presents to the contrary.

Remember though that he he’s less British than Lundstrum when making your decision so that’s two points towards Laudrup but not a home grown player so can’t be criticised for a minimum of two bad games.

We’ve seen enough, choose your camp.

:)

I think he looks a decent player. A midfielder willing to go beyond the forwards which we are seriously lacking without Arfield
Arfield is in the final year of his contract, i cannot see any extension being offered.
Big overhaul needed in the next 2 windows.

Back