Bacuna tonight

Not much we can really say, nice few touches and a glimpse of what he can do.

However, the ball he played near the end from the centre circle to Tav in the RW position was superb!

I know its only one pass but, would hope he has that in his locker consistently.
Scott Alan type pass that

We need to give him time to settle into the system we play but I have a feeling he’ll be one of the midfield three in the future.
Quite possibly succession planning for when Aribo moves on at some point.

Observation.

Ball comes to him. The eyes go forward the heads up and his first instinct is forward. If its not on he will go inside or back.

Good start point.

Not much we can really say, nice few touches and a glimpse of what he can do.

However, the ball he played near the end from the centre circle to Tav in the RW position was superb!

I know its only one pass but, would hope he has that in his locker consistently.

Going forward, I can see him and Aribo and to a lesser extent Arfield, competing for the more attacking midfield role, alongside 2 out of Davis, Lundstram, Kamara and Jack (when fit.)

Definitely early promising signs though.

Liked to have see a bit more of him last night tbh. He’s only played about 30 minutes of football in a Rangers jersey over two substitute appearances.

Few nice touches and weighted passes.

He looks a decent player and it's very early days yet. He looks like he's got good feet and excellent vision with the pass. A bit on the slow side and that could just be getting up to speed or sharpness but if you've got a good range of passing and quick feet you don't need that in midfield.

Looking forward to seeing more of him.
Exactly. Ray Wilkins (God rest him) wasn’t exactly blessed with pace but was probably one of the best passers of a ball with either foot I’ve ever seen at Ibrox

Played one full game since June. When he's upto speed he'll be one of the best players in the league
You must be getting it wrong.
Scottish media keep telling us we haven't bought anyone who will improve our starting 11 even though they haven't seen Bacuna playing for us never mind getting the chance to get up to speed.
Strangely enuf the minute the scum sign anyone they are superstars.

I think he's pretty versatile. According to Huddersfield fans, he likes defending as much as he does attacking.

That's definitely a positive.

Where he's been deployed in his cameos by Gerrard so far, we've not really seen him defend.

impressed me last night
looks like he has the skills and determination
could be a very good addition to the squad

One thing is for sure with gerrard, aribo will start in any position, The likes of bacuna, hagi will all be fighting for the same spot

I worry he looks like a float around the edges of a game looking good kind of player. We need hard fast numbers from the guys in the front 3 so he needs to find a way to impose himself on games and contribute more than just a few nice touches.

Promising signs early on though.

he looked quite strong, that said , He was penalised for controlling a ball at chest height, standing his ground and Jason holt running into the back of him

Obviously it's early days for Bacuna ( & Sakala ) - but the signs are there that they could prove to be real assets once they settle into our style of play, system, formation & get used to their teammates

Meawhile you can see Bacuna has a good work rate -
I don't really mind if he doesn't set games alight for the moment - if he does all the simple things well & puts in a shift while settling in - I'll be happy

Back