Bacuna tonight

Not much we can really say, nice few touches and a glimpse of what he can do.

However, the ball he played near the end from the centre circle to Tav in the RW position was superb!

I know its only one pass but, would hope he has that in his locker consistently.
I think once he gets more game time and up to speed with how we play, he will be a good player for us for sure

I like the look of him, he looks like he has real confidence in his own ability which is half the battle

Very early days but some encouraging times.

Personally I hope we develop him as a CM, as we are far too predictable in there. But thats twice he has came on in and played left of the front 3.

However, the ball he played near the end from the centre circle to Tav in the RW position was superb!

I know its only one pass but, would hope he has that in his locker consistently.
It blows "that pass" from Scott Allan out of the water. Looks like Bacuna has bags of technical ability.

I don't think his talent was ever an issue at Huddersfield but more his application, if we can get him motivated and regularly involved then we will have a player. Can play out wide or central and he showed some good link up play for a counter attack when he came on. He's one I think might struggle to hold a regular starting place due to Aribo, Kamara etc but it's on him to show us what he can bring to the team when he gets his chances.

He looks a decent player and it's very early days yet. He looks like he's got good feet and excellent vision with the pass. A bit on the slow side and that could just be getting up to speed or sharpness but if you've got a good range of passing and quick feet you don't need that in midfield.

Looking forward to seeing more of him.

That's the pass we're missing so often. If he can get up to match fitness and make that kind of impact consistently, he'll add a different dimension to our play.

I love this,it's the bi polar version of the Lundstrum thread.

Few touches he's amazing.

JL few bad touches he's a dud.

Give players 6 to 10 games and see how they do.

Some pass though.

I love this,it's the bi polar version of the Lundstrum thread.

Few touches he's amazing.

JL few bad touches he's a dud.

Give players 6 to 10 games and see how they do.
Tbh people can only call it as they see it. Bacuna had a fairly good (for a 20 minute cameo) debut. Lundstram had a nightmare competitive debut. And the game after that...and the game after that wasn't really any better. I'm delighted that he looks to be improving fairly rapidly and looked to be one of the best players tonight, but as for JB I don't think anyone on here is making out Bacuna to be the new Gazza. He did well.

Early days, but for me he is another player that we need to set up a system to get the best out of them.

Hagi
Kent
Bacuna
Aribo

We need to start setting up to let our dangerous players play. Not just set up to let our wingbacks play.

Hoping to see us go more attacking and playing players that can run at defenses and link between the front 3 and midfield.

Too stuffy that first half. Guys like Hagi and Bacuna are hopefully the key to us being more fluid.

On paper a midfield 3 with Bacuna and Kamara could really play. Would love to see it.

Looks like he doesn’t lack confidence which is what you want for your attacking midfielders, looks very direct which is something we’ve missed in the squad this season.

Everything he has done in his short cameos has been sharp, direct and decisive, I'm looking forward to him getting a run of games hopefully.
Loved the fact that he'll fizz the ball into players feet rather than take 2/3 touches then play a slow pass

Like others have said he clearly has confidence in his own ability which is great but I'm not sure the work ethic is there with this guy. That's something he's going to have to absorb if he's to win a starting slot in Gerrard's team.

I'm a fan.

Early signs are good for me. Won't go overboard, but there was a moment today where Bassey rifled the ball low down the line (Basically he just tried keeping the ball in and getting it up the park).
Bacuna somehow controlled it with his chest (it was a powerful hit and low),the same time, he put it over a guys head, controlled it, then skipped past someone who was on the ground at the timein a really awkward spot.

Granted it was live I watched that and maybe i've remembered things wrong, or just completely fabricated what I saw, but I immediately gasped and said wow.

It's something I think Aribo would have struggled to do.

Think once he settles and gets more games under his belt he'll be a good player for us.

He's a ball player and clearly isn't frightened at having a go. You can see why he struggled in a rotten Huddersfield side though.

Back