Bacuna?

bilkobear

I have to be honest.
I really like what I see.
Needs games to settle, but he has attributes that other midfield players don't have.
Easy game tonight of course, but he is a player who wants to turn into the wind, and I think we need that.
In contrast, Lundstram had a solid game for instance, but too often John wants to play square.
Bacuna sees the game with a more adventurous 360 degree angle.
The jury is still out.

Just not seeing it unfortunately! I think he’s quite a lazy player! Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong

He clearly has lots of ability and does some really nice things just seems to play at a testimonial pace.

I mentioned it in the match thread but Imagine him at Easter road or Pittodrie where you have zero time on the ball. I cant see him rolling his sleeves up in a tough away match but willing to proven wrong.

Jury is still out for me. Thought he was anonymous for the first hour but showed some nice skills later on.
Agree to a certain aspect had one slack short pass back which could have been punished, but the lad does have a turn of foot and showed glimpses of very good skill, could be a confidence thing or just not getting run of games under belt

He's got an eye for a killer pass. Probably unfortunate with the timing of Gerrard leaving. He scored a brace against County in Gerrard's last game in charge. I thought that was him set and in the mix. Gio comes in and changes things about.

He is very laid back which I think will see accusations of being lazy. He worked hard tonight, bags of talent but he needs to have more urgency and be aware of the urgency other teams will have against us.

Two lovely assists from him. The pass for the Sakala's goal was exquisite.

I like him but I don't see him being a regular unless he gets an injection of urgency into him.

Think he offers a lot, his possession is good, he can pick out a pass too but certain aspects of his game are missing for me, like his mobility, he doesn’t appear to cover much ground, I’d like to see stats for that as it’s maybe just the way I see it. I’d also like to see him add some aggression to his game, he has the physical attributes to do this.

His face was tripping him, he doesn’t look interested (I’m hoping it’s frustration). Looks promising but Jury’s still out. I hope it works out as few nice touches and great pass for sakalas goal

Flashes of being a decent passer of the ball, he doesn't have enough spark for me, and seems very inconsistent, some of his touches and positioning were poor tonight.

Can defo spot a pass but looks half arsed most of the time.
Its that what I can’t stand.

Clearly most players should have a lot of talent to be at Rangers or there’s big questions asked. That’s just half the battle though.

You look at Lowry doing everything to get involved then the huge contrast with Bacuna & Barker’s attitude happy to play a bit part.

There’s not any games coming up that I would have him in from the start. Maybe do a job coming off the bench but I wouldn’t be overly bothered if he remained bit part.

We getting a thread on each player tonight? :))

Honestly, we can't read too much into performances tonight given the level of opposition. Just a good run out for some of the guys we don't see very often.

Given the level of our opponents guys like Bacuna, Barker and Itten should be doing a whole lot more than they did to stake a claim for regular squad selection. Not convinced by any of them.

There is no doubt Bacuna has the vision and skill to produce some brilliant moments in the game, but I'm not sure he has the steel to win the 50/50's needed in the tougher games. Maybe if he gets a wee run of games , he might get better. Whilst I'm not a fan of Lundstram, sometimes retaining the ball is the better option, rather than gifting possession to the opposition for a counter.
I think there is a place for both players, but not in the tougher games.

He ended up making a good contribution tonight. What I don't like is he often looks casual and sometimes like he's holding back. He might fit in if he's playing in a traditional number 10 role with two or three workhorse midfielders supporting him. Let him concentrate on the creative stuff and he has the ability to come up with a magic through ball as for Sakala's goal tonight. That's something we've been missing. But I don't know if we can accommodate that kind of player right now, it feels like we need everyone to be working hard in the kinds of games we find ourselves in, especially since we haven't had a settled midfield this season.

Don’t like the fact he is very lazy and doesn’t seem to care that he shows it. Always has been his problem and was hoping we could change him, I’m still hoping.

He's a weird one.

He clearly has talent and a good footballing brain because he makes and attempts passes probably few other players in the team would. He also has flashes of skill that look very good.

But he drifts out of the game as well and will be a bit of a luxury I'm not sure we can afford in harder matches.

Started very poorly for me but came onto a game.

Should be doing much more at that level.

This might be unfair on him, as I don't know him but he has good balance and some nice touches but I feel he lacks desire / heart to make himself a better player

He’s an easy on the eye footballer who could just need a run in the team to get up to speed and really make an impact … at Rangers you don’t have the luxury of playing your way to form though

bit of a maverick who shows up with a few class touches, not what we need at Ibrox, waste of money and hopefully we can move on along with a few others

He´s definitely a player we should persist with, as he could develop into a really good midfielder. He just needs to cut out those unnecessary touches and play the ball forward sooner. A matter of coaching more than a matter of ability. Lack of playing time certainly doesn´t help. The ability is there for sure.

Given the level of our opponents guys like Bacuna, Barker and Itten should be doing a whole lot more than they did to stake a claim for regular squad selection. Not convinced by any of them.

Bacuna set 2 goals up and Itten scored a goal.

Bacuna also tracked back to stop an attack, nobody mentions that side.

He played better when he dropped back slightly, allowing him to play that ball to Fashion.

He clearly has ability but is very erratic, 1st half he was awful but was much better 2nd half.

I suppose like any player He would benefit from a run of games but don't see that happening.

Thought he didn’t look interested 1st half improved 2nd half, excellent ball for Sakala’s goal needs to improve greatly to be any where near being a starter

If Bacuna had Sakalas attitude he would be amazing. He isn’t excepting enough influence In the game. He needs to pass and then make himself available again. Too often he passes and then assumes it’s someone else responsibility

Sorry but not for me

I'm all for give the guy a chance ,he needs to settle its a different league etc

but nowhere near good enough and more importantly you can tell he wouldn't be a consistent performer even if his game improved

Back