Bacuna?

Bacuna should be starting in every home game that we play that is not against the scum, Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen.

These games at home to the diddy teams involve the opposition sitting in for the whole game and that is where the guile and vision of Bacuna can make the difference.

I’d have reservations starting him against the better teams in the league and on tough away grounds because he takes risks and doesn’t track back too well.

He’s a good player. His vision is brilliant and he can beat a man. He has that ability to take one or two opposition players out of the game with a clever touch, drag back or feint.

Think it's really down to the player himself if he wants it, he goes from om one extreme looking like he hasn't a dare in the world then shows pace and vision of a very decent player

He’s a poor man’s Scott Allan. ;-)

Also, Lundstram plays a completely different role to him so it’s unfair to compare the two.

From where I was sitting he had a poor first 45 for me, gave away position a few times and against a better opponent would have cost us a goal.

A bit better in second half, but expected a lot more from him given it was Stirling Albion. Needs more time to get sharp before he can be judged overall as I think he has the talent.

If we have enough injuries he'll play but hasn't shown anywhere near enough to start, in fact Lowry has shown more in just 78 minutes.

I think he’s exactly the type of player we need but frustratingly not good enough to be that player tonight. Pass through for Sakala’s goal tonight was tremendous but he’s too often taking a heavy touch, getting brushed off the ball, losing possession cheaply. Can’t imagine him lasting five minutes in one of the bigger away games.

Not for me. No above and beyond effort anytime he has played. His attitude is not what it takes to be successful at Rangers. He may have technical ability but the club is too big for him.

Jury is still out. There are moments where he looks like he is struggling to get his feet to work. Other times he looks sharp and pulls of some immense passes. There is clearly something there but getting him to use it more often is the challenge.

Still needs a bit more time and games before deciding.

First half he didn’t look interested.

Second half showed a bit more of what he can offer.

thing is up until he scored Sakala looked a Stirling Albion player, I’ve not seen a thread on him yet.

I think about the level of opposition, first half looked half arsed, 2nd slightly better, underwhelmed
, would of expecting his first start for a while to bust a gut but seen nothing of that tnght,

Not good enough IMO and I say that as someone who wanted to see more of him. But he just loses the ball far too often and drifts in and out of games too much to be a starter.

I still remember him coming on against Hearts and nearly setting up two goals when we drew 1-1, Hagi being injured could be a blessing in disguise if Bacuna can get a run and play his way into form. Would love to see him play in the 10 role.

He'd be some player if he could somehow acquire the same enthusiasm for the game as young Sakala!
they're both 24 ffs

they're both 24 ffs
That's still young in my book!
;)

I genuinely dont get what people are seeing, lowry played better in 70 mins he was on the pitch, this is the sort of game that bacuna should be standing out in but i thought he was average at best, there was obviously a reason huddersfield let him go for no fee

Personally thought he was horrific, particularly the first half.

And yet ended up with 2 assists.

Hasn't played much so that was undoubtedly a factor, but I'm still unconvinced.

There is no doubt Bacuna has the vision and skill to produce some brilliant moments in the game, but I'm not sure he has the steel to win the 50/50's needed in the tougher games. Maybe if he gets a wee run of games , he might get better. Whilst I'm not a fan of Lundstram, sometimes retaining the ball is the better option, rather than gifting possession to the opposition for a counter.
I think there is a place for both players, but not in the tougher games.
Both him and Lundstrum bottled out a couple of tackles tonight, I agree that he has a killer pass but so does Scott Allan and Barry McKay, Jamie Murphy had a decent killer pass however their application to a game is the same as Bacuna which is to float about and wait for the pass to be available rather than making it available.

Sakala and Itten made runs all night, Roofe came on and done the same?

Bacuna is a creative player. The type who will do some poor things in a game and lose possession but then spring up something special and create a chance.

He’s ended up with two assists tonight with the second being arguably our best pass assist of the season so far. That pass to Sakala was a thing of beauty.

If Bacuna was consistent throughout a game he would be playing PL football still and we wouldn’t have landed him on a free from Huddersfield, it’s that simple.

We have him and from what I can remember he has started two domestic games - Ross County at home and Stirling tonight. First game he was MOTM and scored a cracker and tonight he’s gotten two assists.

We should 100% be using him in the Aribo role until we get Hagi and Joe back. Start him against Livingston with protection from Kamara and Lundstram and he will create us numerous chances. He’s a luxury player, the type you need to keep giving the ball to and have patience with. So far his return rate to minutes played ratio is actually very good.

Another moment that will have slipped people’s mind is the tremendous long pass he made to Tav when Tav crossed for Itten for that scuffed attempt that may have crossed the line. Again, great vision and execution to create an opportunity out of nothing.

I’d rather have Bacuna looking lazy and creating two goals than Barker looking like he’s chasing bits of his hair transplant all over the pitch
The only reason barker was on the pitch was to try and sell him to another club,, and going by his performance, he ain't going anywhere! 6 months them get him to f***!

I’ve liked both comments saying jury still out and not for Rangers. A couple of great passes, countered with some sloppy play first half and perceived lack of enthusiasm.

I have to be honest.
I really like what I see.
Needs games to settle, but he has attributes that other midfield players don't have.
Easy game tonight of course, but he is a player who wants to turn into the wind, and I think we need that.
In contrast, Lundstram had a solid game for instance, but too often John wants to play square.
Bacuna sees the game with a more adventurous 360 degree angle.
The jury is still out.
Not convinced he brings anything to the team but still willing to give him time

Back