Bacuna?

Every report when bacunna signed said he was inconsistent. Half our players are here because they’re inconsistent.

Needs a run of games before we can judge him
Hes one of many who needs that run of games and unless he gets it we will not see the best of him.

I think hes clearly got a very good level of skill and vision, ideal for his position and potentially our midfield but he needs to play, learn his teammates patterns and slot in.

Id be inclined to give him a few more starts and consistently before making a final decision.

Hes basically in the same situation as JL, CI and FS - need games in the team to settle and showcase their talents.

Hes one of many who needs that run of games and unless he gets it we will not see the best of him.

I think hes clearly got a very good level of skill and vision, ideal for his position and potentially our midfield but he needs to play, learn his teammates patterns and slot in.

Id be inclined to give him a few more starts and consistently before making a final decision.

Hes basically in the same situation as JL, CI and FS - need games in the team to settle and showcase their talents.
Baffling that Sakala get into the mate, every time I see him he impresses me

Bacuna is one of the most frustrating players when he plays, it’s clear he has talent and had two good assists, but it felt like he wasnt commanding the ball enough, just strolled around and only woke up and played really well with 15mins to go. If we could get him ticking then he could be an interesting player.

Undoubtedly the boy is talented. Not sure he is up for the fight though. Could be right about a run of games. Think there’s a few that need that, ie, Sakalab and Itten.
I thought tonight Bacuna looked uninterested in the first half but improved greatly in the second half.
Definitely got something in the locker unfortunately he can’t open it much in training or he’d be playing more.
Tend to agreed and interesting the point about training as hasn’t even had a hint of coming on for Gio’s team before Stirling Albion so how far down the pecking order is he.

Bacuna is a talented but frustrating player in that when he’s up for it, he looks excellent, but for longer spells of games he seems lazy and uninterested. He had a very good 30 minutes last night, used his pace, passing and balance very well. If he could do that for an hour or more I’d say he has potential to do well. If not then he’ll never quite cut it.

He was playing against Stirling Albion - and probably never got pass marks. Average at best. For some that’s good enough I suppose.

Every report when bacunna signed said he was inconsistent. Half our players are here because they’re inconsistent.

Good point. He’s still only 24 so hopefully still developing. Being Dutch then hopefully now would feel more settled, if that was an issue.

Hardly saw him and was looking forward to seeing him last night. Thought he was okay in flashes. Nice pass for the goal but other than that wasn’t overly impressed.

If he added graft and battle to his game he would be one of the first names on the team sheet. Unfortunately he just comes across as a wee bit lazy and half hearted.

There is talent there, it's going to take some management to bring it out of him.

Work still to be done with him, he's a bit too laid back at times. I'm not sure he's got great pace, but he needs to increase what he's got. I said it last night in the match thread if he applies his work rate to that of Sakala, we've got good player.

Would like to hear what GvB thought of his performance. He clearly wasn’t happy with him on a number of occasions through out the match - especially when he couldn’t find a pass and lost possession in a dangerous area in the first half.

I don’t see Gio turning to Bacuna that often and IMO he will be off in the summer.

I was thinking tonight he is a player who will divide opinion more than most others. He’s even divided opinion in my own head and I only have one. Plus points-clear ability to see a pass, best a man, creative , vision. All good. Negatives- bone idle for most of the game, one of the laziest players you’ll ever see in the modern game offers nothing defensively.

So there we have it, what do you do with a player like that, of course if he didn’t have his downside he would be an absolute player, hence the reason he may never fulfill his potential.

I’m really really wanting the guy to do well, as I do with all our players, I haven’t written him off yet although he’s still got a lot to prove.

Very good technically.

But his overall game is poor and he doesn't fit into Gio's system.

I'm glad it's only a loan.

Both him and Lundstrum bottled out a couple of tackles tonight, I agree that he has a killer pass but so does Scott Allan and Barry McKay, Jamie Murphy had a decent killer pass however their application to a game is the same as Bacuna which is to float about and wait for the pass to be available rather than making it available.

Sakala and Itten made runs all night, Roofe came on and done the same?
Of course you are correct. A mixture of the two would be better, but do we have that player?

He could have the worst game in the world and Peña cartel on Twitter would have about 30 gifs of him making a pass
He could have a decent game and the “ lazy”, “ don’t see it brigade” Klopps in our support will still slag him.
He was fine for his first start in ages , it’s ok playing in training games but every player needs real football.

Jury is still out for me. Thought he was anonymous for the first hour but showed some nice skills later on.
Bang on, he was strolling about last night as if he wasn't interested. Just jogging about, not making space or runs looking for a pass. Lazy lazy attitude.

I watched him closely and his effort was zero in the first half, so much so I would've subbed him.

Obviously got a word in his ear at half time as he upped the effort.

That sort of attitude makes me question a players commitment.

From the little I've seen, he's not what we need. If you pull on our Jersey, you run through brick walls every game.

Has some talent but without graft he will drift from club to club.
It's a no from me.

Just seems a player with all the ability and shite attitude he should be pushing for a start in our first 11. Yet he just comes across as lazy. I personally don’t see it working unless his attitude is sorted

Was harsh on him at the game, he definitely has some ability but just doesn't seem to have the attitude or discipline to be a regular in a championship winning team. View softened slightly having watched the highlights back, he had some decent touches for his assists, but I guess there's a reason he couldn't get a game for a struggling Huddersfield Town.

Jury's out, for me.

I have to be honest.
I really like what I see.
Needs games to settle, but he has attributes that other midfield players don't have.
Easy game tonight of course, but he is a player who wants to turn into the wind, and I think we need that.
In contrast, Lundstram had a solid game for instance, but too often John wants to play square.
Bacuna sees the game with a more adventurous 360 degree angle.
The jury is still out.
He was shocking for the first hour .Maybe needs game time as he showed some nice touches near the end but with the opposition in mind and the stage of the game ,you'd expect that.
I certainly wouldn't see him as a regular starter on that showing .

I can’t shake the feeling he’s one of those players with undoubted ability but a suspect temperament.

Occasionally we’ll get the odd flash of brilliance, but all too often he’ll look like he’d rather be somewhere else.

Yes. Apart from the two assists, I can see where you are coming from.
I never give a player any credit for such a low return.
Has a bit of ability no doubt. However he is the epitome of disinterested.
At the game I was trying to think who I could compare him to from the past.
Emerson sprang to mind.

Very hard to judge a player who hasn’t had a consistent run of games. He’s also been asked to play a variety of positions. Throw in a sudden change of manager that’s a lot of chopping and changing for someone at a new club. As others have said would love to see him play the role just behind the striker. Technically I think he has just as much ability as Aribo, some of his close control in tight situations is just as good. It’s his running style that comes across a lazy. Looks like his just out for a causal jog. But I think that just how he runs. He certainly showed a turn of pace to get back and catch the Stirling player who had gotten in behind

I thought he was mediocre at best last night.
Apart from the pass for the goal I didn't see a lot that has made me think he should get anywhere near the team.
He has time to change my mind but I can't see it, he will be gone in the summer.
Out if curiosity do you think hagi should be in the starting 11 every week?

I have to be honest.
I really like what I see.
Needs games to settle, but he has attributes that other midfield players don't have.
Easy game tonight of course, but he is a player who wants to turn into the wind, and I think we need that.
In contrast, Lundstram had a solid game for instance, but too often John wants to play square.
Bacuna sees the game with a more adventurous 360 degree angle.
The jury is still out.
Very much so.
There's talent there, for sure, but have my doubts on his desire and application.

I honestly think some people are watching a different game to me. He was absolutely honking against a pub team - tells you all you need to know.

Outwith the Sakala assist he was terrible. Lost the ball far too much and strolled around thinking he was untouchable. That was Stirling Albion last night which tells all.

Bacuna, Simpson & Barker all poor and should hopefully be off in this window.

Out if curiosity do you think hagi should be in the starting 11 every week?
If he is fit then yes, we have very limited options at the moment in midfield.
Hagi is a game changer, we have seen that but I fear that he took a sore one last night and will be out so Bacuna is likely to get a run. lets see if he can step up?

If he is fit then yes, we have very limited options at the moment in midfield.
Hagi is a game changer, we have seen that but I fear that he took a sore one last night and will be out so Bacuna is likely to get a run. lets see if he can step up?
Hagi is an impact player on current form he should be nowhere near the first team. 1 assist all season and same number of goals as scott Wright.

Hagi is an impact player on current form he should be nowhere near the first team. 1 assist all season and same number of goals as scott Wright.
Agree his current form is poor but he has that something that can change a game.
Thinks its moot point anyway, that looked a sore one last night I am not expecting to hear good news in regard to his injury.

Poor overall for me. Inconsistent and looked lazy in first half, overran the ball a few times, horrendous effort blazed over, not really sure what his best position is or how we fits Gio’s system (or SG’s before).

He was at best a punt, he’s not worked out and wouldn’t be a loss to the squad if he left and we used his wages elsewhere

I think he'll start against Livingston if hagi is out there good and bad in he's game I. Totally unsure about him maybe the lack of match minutes as affected his sharpness

Out of all the pre-season signings id say hes by far the most talented, ofcourse there must be reason why hes not been involved much right enough but i do like him hes exciting, he could possibly be a better option or at least be some competition for Hagi. I think hes Dutch as well.

Back