Bacuna?

No where near good enough,if op or anyone on here thinks hes going to turn out a good player for us there deluded minimum effort every time hes played or came on will fade into background when our injuries clear and be moved on end of this season.

He clearly has lots of ability and does some really nice things just seems to play at a testimonial pace.

I mentioned it in the match thread but Imagine him at Easter road or Pittodrie where you have zero time on the ball. I cant see him rolling his sleeves up in a tough away match but willing to proven wrong.
I think this is my take. However, players with technique, as he has can tend to blow hot and cold.

As we all know, it's a team game and they need to be cohesive. Having played (like many on here, I'm sure) I used to lose confidence in the team when the "mainstays" were out. I think he, like others suffered from that.

What is invincible about two assists?
Nothing is 'invisible' about them but you have to take them into context.

Lowry's goal was all about Lowry and he managed to 'pick out a pass' in the 86th minute against part timers who were dead on their feet.

Nothing noteworthy or impressive about him last night.

Nothing is 'invisible' about them but you have to take them into context.

Lowry's goal was all about Lowry and he managed to 'pick out a pass' in the 86th minute against part timers who were dead on their feet.

Nothing noteworthy or impressive about him last night.
Ok.

I thought he was poor for first hour then started to show some nice touches. Good play for the 4th goal. Needs to be taken into account that his best spell came when game was done an they were shattered. Certainly nothing from last night will get him starting games in the league.

I’ve read on here and Twitter that people were impressed

With the exception of a 15min spell in 2nd half I though he was really poor

He’s got to do a lot more than that, especially against that sort of opposition, to get anywhere near our match day squads

Lot of fringe players on display last night…. Who took that chance and put in the sort of performance that will give Gio something serious to think about.

I can only think Lowry and possibly Lundstram. The rest will fall back into insignificance I’m afraid.

No where near good enough,if op or anyone on here thinks hes going to turn out a good player for us there deluded minimum effort every time hes played or came on will fade into background when our injuries clear and be moved on end of this season.
And you are writing him off after 6 games and most were off the bench.

Not really fair to the lad but I am pleased you are not I. Charge of the team. Most players take a while to settle in to a new club, new system , coach etc.

I have to say I expected him to be on the ball more than he has been so far
IMO - he seemed to hide 1st half last night
2nd half he got a couple of quality touches & seemed more eager to get involved

I've avoided making up my mind about him up till now - because tbf - he hasn't had enough minutes on the pitch to have a valid opinion

But I sincerely hope that's him now settled in & he can now kick on to be a decent member of the team / squad with the consistency of his 2nd half performance

Bacuna comes from a much smaller club and often looks a bit overwhelmed. But I've seen enough in him to justify a bit of patience and more game time. We've got a few first teamers who took a bit of time to make their mark.

I think he is worth a little more time .His energy output is is not up to our standards in my mind. However I believe he should get time to get our standards in his head.I believe there is a player in his locker.

Back