Bad night at the office,cool heads needed

They just win beating Hamilton Accies.
If this were us, this forum would be in as much a meltdown as it is now.
It already was when we beat the same side 3-1 in our away fixture.
Who goes into the fixture “on a high” means absolutely zilch.
Look at the last three home games against them.
Both wins were when septic were favourites and in septic’s win, we were “high” after the last minute win against Legia.
When a team is as mentally weak as us
Or as mentally strong as theirs (as they showed last night) it makes a massive difference.
the last game we lost purely because like the second half last night we never got started and never laid a glove on them. We were set up wrong from the get go
I agree somewhat that form goes out the window etc
But we are fragile all over the park mentally

Going 2 points behind the scum with 3 very hard away games to come is massive.
If we drop anything else before we play them and they don't then beat us we are not clawing back the points.
Last season and this season they have went on runs of 10 plus wins we haven't

What can’t be excused is the meek surrender and the fact that Aberdeen should’ve won the game if it wasn’t for piss poor finishing and missing near enough an open goal. Take away Beaton and we win that game thats not up for debate. The debate is why we surrendered so meekly, why the captain has to take every fucking set piece or throw in and why the manager allowed the game to change that way and be powerless to change it back.

The support would accept a hard fought, battling 2 each draw, that was a pathetic capitulation

When a team is as mentally weak as us
Or as mentally strong as theirs (as they showed last night) it makes a massive difference.
the last game we lost purely because like the second half last night we never got started and never laid a glove on them. We were set up wrong from the get go
I agree somewhat that form goes out the window etc
But we are fragile all over the park mentally
Mentally weak/fragile?
As in against Porto and Feyenoord for example?
Mentally strong?
Reading too much of their PR.
Do you really it was simply mentality that got them over the line last night?
Their winning goal last night, the timing of it, was as much about Hamilton’s lack of experience, lack of mentality, lack of bottle, as anything super-duper, mentally tough, septic are.
They got lucky.
They made their own luck to a point but they got lucky.

Mentally weak/fragile?
As in against Porto and Feyenoord for example?
Mentally strong?
Reading too much of their PR.
Do you really it was simply mentality that got them over the line last night?
Their winning goal last night, the timing of it, was as much about Hamilton’s lack of experience, lack of mentality, lack of bottle, as anything super-duper, mentally tough, septic are.
They got lucky.
They made their own luck to a point but they got lucky.

I don’t buy into the luck thing. It wasn’t luck when we done it for years under Walter, it wasn’t luck this season when we beat Kilmarnock & Legia with late late goals either.
They’re a far more evolved side than us for the pure fact they’ve in the main been together for years and winning together for years.
If we play, we can beat them. If we half ass it like the last time and like after going 2 up last night we are screwed.
That’s another thing that pisses me off with us, we get a decent lead and then seem to back off, great teams keep going for more. We aren’t relentless enough

It was a terrible result after going 2-0 up but some people need to get a grip. We have been excellent so far this season and no team wins every game.

The complete overreaction because we drew away to Aberdeen and they scraped a last minute winner at home to Hamilton is ridiculous.

I don’t buy into the luck thing. It wasn’t luck when we done it for years under Walter, it wasn’t luck this season when we beat Kilmarnock & Legia with late late goals either.
They’re a far more evolved side than us for the pure fact they’ve in the main been together for years and winning together for years.
If we play, we can beat them. If we half ass it like the last time and like after going 2 up last night we are screwed.
That’s another thing that pisses me off with us, we get a decent lead and then seem to back off, great teams keep going for more. We aren’t relentless enough
No, you’re probably right.
It was a strong mentality?
When I stated “lucky” I didn’t mean they “fluked” it.
I did state they made their own luck.
Point I was trying to convey was that it wasn’t simply mentality that got them over the line.
It went for them last night, it won’t always be such.
One more.
Plenty on here lambasted the team after the Kilmarnock game, posting how lucky we were.

Last edited:
Last night was horrendous.
If it's followed by defeat in the cup final and in the last Europa game against young boys....god help us thereafter.

They have to turn up in the next 2 games...in both halves! No excuses.

Maybe some fans have higher standards than you.
Higher standards? Screeching like a fcuking women at every wee setback doesn't mean you have higher standards, it just means you're prone to hysterics. Can I ask how you guys made it through the Helicopter Sunday season? Seriously? No doubt the team was full of cowards and bottle merchants a few weeks before we won the title?

I was as gutted as anyone last night and I am still angry at the manner of how things turned out. Our luck ran out , Aberdeen and Celtics didn't. However, in the cold light of day it's only two points. One draw. The players have no better way to atone than Sunday. If I were them I would be choking to get out on that pitch and prove my worth. I hope they can deliver.

Maybe some fans need to be more realistic. Maybe some others need to grow up rather than throwing a childish hissy fit every time things don’t go as we want?

Don’t let that stop you being a smarmy patronising bastard though.

Being a footbal fan has never been about being realistic, especially at the level we want to be at, with you being a sanctimonious bellend, i assumed you would know that.

Higher standards? Screeching like a fcuking women at every wee setback doesn't mean you have higher standards, it just means you're prone to hysterics. Can I ask how you guys made it through the Helicopter Sunday season? Seriously? No doubt the team was full of cowards and bottle merchants a few weeks before we won the title?

Nice wee rant, fans being fans will always react differently to adverse results , nothing wrong with that tbh. Some on here, including yourself, would rather have a go at fans whose opinions don't match their own especially when it comes to adversity.

If you, and others, can't deal with the negativity that comes with a result/performance like last night's you can always start your own wee happy clappy thread

Anyway, here's to a famous victory on Sunday:)

Back