Bale joins LAFC in the MLS

I watch it occasionally.

Not a great standard, usually entertaining in some capacity though. Watched a game the other day actually, which was pish due to a sending off basically making it a kick about.

Hyndman was playing.

A have a few American friends who don’t even bother with it, ones a Rangers fan and a couple of others support EPL teams (due to family).
It can be quite entertaining due to how bad the defending is. Ends up with a lot of high scoring games. Basically perfect for what Americans like in sport.

I watch it occasionally.

Not a great standard, usually entertaining in some capacity though. Watched a game the other day actually, which was pish due to a sending off basically making it a kick about.

Hyndman was playing.

A have a few American friends who don’t even bother with it, ones a Rangers fan and a couple of others support EPL teams (due to family).

I’ve not watched much of it so was wondering what it’s actually like. It always seemed to me that’s where players went to wind down the last season or two of a career and get one last decent payday.

I remember watching a game a while ago and Kaka was playing and the pitch looked like one of the old 5 a side goals pitches you would have played on about 20 year ago, a carpet with sand on top of it.

Does anyone watch the MLS? What’s the standard of the league like?

Will he go over there and stand out like a adult playing against kids? You would think he’s still got a lot to offer and could probably have got a move to another good European team.

Really surprised he never came to help us win 56 B-)

Overall it’s a much higher standard than the Scottish league.

Does anyone watch the MLS? What’s the standard of the league like?

Will he go over there and stand out like a adult playing against kids? You would think he’s still got a lot to offer and could probably have got a move to another good European team.

Really surprised he never came to help us win 56 B-)

Overall it’s a much higher standard than the Scottish league.

Is it really? I know we don’t have the best standard of league but I wouldn’t have imagined it would have been of a better standard, I haven’t watched it in a while but then again when you think about it it probably has a fair bit more money than our game does.

Is it really? I know we don’t have the best standard of league but I wouldn’t have imagined it would have been of a better standard, I haven’t watched it in a while but then again when you think about it it probably has a fair bit more money than our game does.

I watch it quite a lot and the players are of a decent standard and try and play proper football. When you look at the spl it’s full of guys who wouldn’t look out of place in the juniors

California is a fucking shit hole these days. His accountant better get creative or else that tax bill he'll be sent will be big.

An absolute waster,yes I know he won XYZ,but if he had half of CR7 (Im no great fan) ,dedication ,he could have been considered, along with CR7,Messi,Pele,Eusabio,Puskas,Best,Charlton.
WATP

He's just a greedy bastard only interested in a wage packet, if he cared about his career then would have left Real 3 seasons ago.

The amount of trophy's he has won would probably suggest differently.
That’s the thing - he must be one of the most decorated British players ever by now. The fact he’s largely been a bit part player obviously takes the shine off of it but he must have a good few CL and La Liga winners medals. Not many Brits
can boast that

I don’t really know much about the MLS but, what sort of salaries are they able to offer players?

Bale is still only 32. He could probably earn £100k a week plus at someone like PSG or Newcastle so I’m assuming LAFC are able to offer something competitive, no?
Can pay 3 designated players anything they like.

Rest of squad is salary capped, less than 10k a week I think, may be wrong.

Point proven. He could of hit even higher but hes not a football man. Just a money man and a prick. Hes already a rich man and could be playing for his local still on decent enough money. Proves what he is
He will be on about £6k a week if he's non-designated status.

Will make it all from other deals attached to contact mind you.

That’s the thing - he must be one of the most decorated British players ever by now. The fact he’s largely been a bit part player obviously takes the shine off of it but he must have a good few CL and La Liga winners medals. Not many Brits
can boast that
Medals for being part of the squad, not part of the team as he would have been with a better attitude.

The hate for Bale on here is a laugh, you’d think he had played 100 times for rhattlers with some of the comments.

He’s at the end of his career, a career that he’s been incredibly successful both at club and country. Why shouldn’t he do what the likes of Gerrard, Beckham, Zlatan, Henry, Villa, Kaka, Cole, Lampard and Rooney did and have a year or whatever in the States.

He’s only got one target left in his career, the World Cup with Wales. If the LA moves facilitates and helps this then so be it, its his career he can do what he wants.

The hate for Bale on here is a laugh, you’d think he had played 100 times for rhattlers with some of the comments.

He’s at the end of his career, a career that he’s been incredibly successful both at club and country. Why shouldn’t he do what the likes of Gerrard, Beckham, Zlatan, Henry, Villa, Kaka, Cole, Lampard and Rooney did and have a year or whatever in the States.

He’s only got one target left in his career, the World Cup with Wales. If the LA moves facilitates and helps this then so be it, its his career he can do what he wants.
Good post.

He will be on about £6k a week if he's non-designated status.

Will make it all from other deals attached to contact mind you.

There are workarounds for clubs. Zlatan wasn't signed as a DP in 2018, he was paid about $1.5M for his first season using TAM. Then he re-signed as a DP on a much bigger deal.

He will be an absolute star there, get paid very well, and gets to live in LA. Pretty damn easy to see why he made the decision.

He's just a greedy bastard only interested in a wage packet, if he cared about his career then would have left Real 3 seasons ago.
He certainly put money (and golf, apparently) ahead of his career the last few years, but at this point he could get a much fatter wage packet in the EPL than at LAFC. He’ll make some of it up on endorsements I suppose, but I don’t think this move is primarily about money.

He has squandered the last 2 years of his career , and is totally unprofessional , will never be seen as one of Britains best players imo , As he doesn’t give his all to the game , can maybe see why you would be biased mate .

Last edited:
He has squandered the last 2 years of his career , and is totally unprofessional , will never be seen as one of Britains best players imo , As he doesn’t give his all to the game , can maybe see why you would be biased mate .
In the last two years he;

Took Wales to last 16 of Euros
Won World Cup Qualification
16 goals for Spurs
La Liga Medal
CL Medal (5th)

Andy Robertson is about the only Scot that comes close to what Bale squandered in the last two (twilight) years.

And yes I agree he'll not be considered one of Britains best players but he'll always be one of the most decorated trophy wise.

Unprofessional and doesn't give his all for the haters:

gareth-bale-bale.gif

In the last two years he;

Took Wales to last 16 of Euros
Won World Cup Qualification
16 goals for Spurs
La Liga Medal
CL Medal (5th)

Andy Robertson is about the only Scot that comes close to what Bale squandered in the last two (twilight) years.

And yes I agree he'll not be considered one of Britains best players but he'll always be one of the most decorated trophy wise.

Unprofessional and doesn't give his all for the haters:

gareth-bale-bale.gif

Makes zidanes goal look like a tap in

Weird move by LAFC. This (along with Chiellini) seems to fly against what has made them successful over the past few years.

It feels more like something that the Galaxy would try to do tbh.
100%

LAFC have dropped off massively from those first few years and you hit nail on head about their strategy with those last two.

Galaxy are a complete shambles management wise, talk they might try and get Ramsey

Wonder if Beckham tried to lure him to Cocaine FC in Miami?
Could have paid him part-cash, part-blow.

Don't get the hate for him
Real offered him the contract and he held them to it. Went on loan so he could play
They could have paid him up if they wanted rid
Why on earth should he walk away from the cash
I certainly wouldn't and frankly don't believe those who say they would
Would be interested in any stories people have of turning down money from their employers that they were entitled to

Touche

An absolute waster,yes I know he won XYZ,but if he had half of CR7 (Im no great fan) ,dedication ,he could have been considered, along with CR7,Messi,Pele,Eusabio,Puskas,Best,Charlton.
WATP

No offence, but to call a guy that has won 5 Champions Leagues and 3 La Liga Titles a waster is absolutely ridiculous.

Wish I was a ‘waster’

Back