Bale joins LAFC in the MLS

Don't get the hate for him
Real offered him the contract and he held them to it. Went on loan so he could play
They could have paid him up if they wanted rid
Why on earth should he walk away from the cash
I certainly wouldn't and frankly don't believe those who say they would
Would be interested in any stories people have of turning down money from their employers that they were entitled to
Yeah none of us already have tens of millions in the bank do we

He apparently made mention that the money wasn't a priority.
I can just imagine how his agent choked on his cornflakes on reading that item of news.

Agents are in it for money and only money, sadly it is they who are now the modern ring masters around which the entire football circus performs.
Absolute leeches, if only we had a few modern day Brian Clough's to deal with them

Good weather, less pressure and the chance to live a more normal life while earning decent money.

Great move.
100% bored last night and watched a bit of Seattle v Kansas City. Pretty decent standard and decent crowd. One year or more living and playing in the USA? No brainer IMO but then I “love” America.

As usual with footballers and their agents it comes down to money.

His agent was saying earlier this week that the deal was “complicated”. He’s sponsored by Adidas, as are LA, and there’s far more opportunity to sell their gear in the MLS.

Rumours down here that he could be earning £2m/month via endorsements.

Planning on going to a Orlando city game next season when I’m on holiday. Seems a family friendly atmosphere and not got much bite to it but hopefully plenty goals and some funny chants :D

As usual with footballers and their agents it comes down to money.

His agent was saying earlier this week that the deal was “complicated”. He’s sponsored by Adidas, as are LA, and there’s far more opportunity to sell their gear in the MLS.

Rumours down here that he could be earning £2m/month via endorsements.
The whole league is sponsored by adidas so there could be something in that

Can’t blame the guy for seeing out the contract RM offered him, RM were everything that’s wrong with hyperinflation in football. Now it’s City and PSG. Bale has earned the right to have his pick on next move, whether football or lifestyle oriented.

The MLS has completely changed its strategy from being a retirement home with very few players of real quality to actually investing in its academies and scouting in South America to sell onto Europe. LAFC are clearly however, trying to one up Galaxy as the marquee club on the Western Seaboard with Bale and Chiellini.

5 Champions Leagues, and scoring arguably the greatest goal ever in a European final?

What a waste indeed.

Peak Bale was a monster of a player.

But other than the 5 Champions League wins, the Champions League final goals, the multiple La Liga medals, the over 100 caps for Wales, being top Wales goalscorer ever, and then taking them to their first World Cup since 1958, what has he actually achieved?

Why did Bale go to California rather than Cardiff?

tenor.gif

Back