Bale looking at potential ban of between 4-12 games for celebration against Atletico.

Weetoonblue

https://www.skysports.com/football/...game-la-liga-ban-over-provocative-celebration

Seen it mentioned on SSN.

The statement said Bale "lifted his right arm near his head in a clear sign of provocation towards the fans, then giving a gesture which could be seen as obscene and disdainful by folding his arm and striking it with his other hand".

I wonder what they would have made of the celebrations carried out by Brown, Griffiths and Tierney.

Think Lennon would have been banned indefinitely.

2ly4dfn.jpg

Did Messi get a ban for his shirt celebration away to Madrid?

The fuck has that do with anything?

I'm not au fait with Spanish customs/insults but you can clearly see the ire Bale's celebration develops in the crowd behind him. They go from zero to 100 on the offendedmeter the instant he does it.

Lennon should have been punished for doing it at Ibrox. 4-12 games sounds incredibly harsh for Bale though. We'll see what actually happens.

It’s obviously an inflammatory gesture in that part of the world. 12 games is a bit ott but if it’s deemed to be political or similar he can hardly complain. Knew what he was doing from the looks of it.

Asked my Spanish family here what their opinion, they feel 4 matches is fair. They are Madrid fans.

The gesture he made is akin to giving the middle finger here in Scotland. He gestured with his hand to his face first, so there was no way he didn’t know what he was doing. Imagine a player scoring and openly giving the home fans, when you’re the away teams player, the middle finger?

If you give the “Vickie” here, you’d probably get away with it. It means absolutely nothing in Spain, much like the gesture Bale made means nothing in the U.K., but is highly offensive in Spain.

I think the ban is fair.

Have you ever seen a more dispirited attempt at a GIRFUY?

A bit more enthusiasm Gareth FFS.

The world wants to be offended , I couldn’t care if poet players or any other players celebrate goals as long as all teams get the same privileges

The fuck has that do with anything?

I'm not au fait with Spanish customs/insults but you can clearly see the ire Bale's celebration develops in the crowd behind him. They go from zero to 100 on the offendedmeter the instant he does it.
Because they both stirred up the crowd and would be comparable in that sense.

The Game we all know and love, is well and truly fecked. Thank you PC brigade. Once a Man's game now run by Phannies. :mad::mad:

Wtf is the incensed pish about, if ur a functioning adult and someone does any giruy or middle finger or whatever and u can’t refrain from unbridled rage and anger ur a loonball, not fit for society let alone football matches.

Asked my Spanish family here what their opinion, they feel 4 matches is fair. They are Madrid fans.

The gesture he made is akin to giving the middle finger here in Scotland. He gestured with his hand to his face first, so there was no way he didn’t know what he was doing. Imagine a player scoring and openly giving the home fans, when you’re the away teams player, the middle finger?

If you give the “Vickie” here, you’d probably get away with it. It means absolutely nothing in Spain, much like the gesture Bale made means nothing in the U.K., but is highly offensive in Spain.

Doesn't it mean similar in the UK, like get it up you? Wasn't that was Lennon done at Ibrox a while back?

Back