Ball boys plus extra Balls.

rfc1952

Official Ticketer
Anybody else notice that the young guys looked far more alert and got a ball (any ball) back to the players very quickly.

This will be a must for much of the Season in the SPL particularly against the negative sides.

OK there may be ocassions when we want them to slow down & break up play but on balance I would welcome what was on show today.

Finally is it within the SPl/SFA to allow the use of multiple balls - no wise cracks re as long as it is one st a time don’t ring play !

Multi ball is only allowed if the SFA or SPFL introduced it

No club/s can do it on their own

Purely down to cost

How many other nation have this system?

£115 I think per match ball say 10 and need to be new balls every game as well from memory
Clubs aren't paying £115 for a ball

Pretty sure SPFL provide match balls don't they?

If not it's a taxable deduction anyway

Sponsors would pay match balls.

It should defo be a requirement in the top league.

Granted its harder for div 1 and below to atract the sponsor who would pay for multi ballsfor them but defo should be implemented into the top league.

Thing is if it were put down to a vote id guarantee most wouldnt vote for it, Scotland game is fucked.

Sponsors would pay match balls.

It should defo be a requirement in the top league.

Granted its harder for div 1 and below to atract the sponsor who would pay for multi ballsfor them but defo should be implemented into the top league.

Thing is if it were put down to a vote id guarantee most wouldnt vote for it, Scotland game is fucked.

I maybe wrong, but I have a feeling there was a vote for multiball, and it wasnt succesful.

Also noted the change in tactics at corners, i think we may score a good amount this season

This got posted before and that while the clubs are supplied with balls under the contract the that SPFL and SFA have with ball makers they only get a few for free then pay for anymore

Wee ball boy in middle of Govan side fell over the advertising board today. Looked a wee bit embarrassed. Got the ball back pretty quickly though :)

How does cost matter for clubs, surely they all have multiple match standard balls to actually train with... use them. No way do they need replaced every game, that’s extreme.

Does my nut in how long it takes to get the ball back in the league games. Would love to see multi-ball in Scotland.

How does cost matter for clubs, surely they all have multiple match standard balls to actually train with... use them. No way do they need replaced every game, that’s extreme.

Below from the SPFL rules - practice balls I presume are different texture to match balls?

Cost is key if new match ball are need for every game

Match Balls

G47

A new ball of FIFA first grade quality shall be used for each Official Match. For so long as a ball or balls is/are provided by the League to any of the participating Clubs, each Home Club must ensure that (i) the ball(s) supplied is/are the ball(s) used in Matches and (ii) shall have available for use if necessary a match ball and a sufficient number (being not less than two) of reserve balls, at least one of which shall be an orange or yellow coloured ball

For years the kids have been under orders to patrol up and down without taking a moment`s notice of what is actually happening on the park........ who in God`s name tells them to do this??
The ball can go flying out of play near them and they don`t have a f*cking clue; that`s because they`re under orders to be on the move the whole time.
They should be sited;told to be proactive;and that they are part of the team;(even if this means raising the age limit to older teenagers,who can read the game). Current situation of making the kids walk away from what`s going on is absurd.

Below from the SPFL rules - practice balls I presume are different texture to match balls?

Match Balls

G47

A new ball of FIFA first grade quality shall be used for each Official Match. For so long as a ball or balls is/are provided by the League to any of the participating Clubs, each Home Club must ensure that (i) the ball(s) supplied is/are the ball(s) used in Matches and (ii) shall have available for use if necessary a match ball and a sufficient number (being not less than two) of reserve balls, at least one of which shall be an orange or yellow coloured ball
Surely though it at professional level you would train with the ball you would compete with

Multi ball system and nae shite plastic pitches in the top division should be the basic requirement of any top league.
Embarrassing shite from stupid cu*ts that do a great job of ensuring we stay a backwater.

Absolutely correct. The paying customers are being robbed. No wonder nobody turns up to watch the diddy teams.

There isn't a single club in the league who pays tax to deduct it from. No Scottish sides will be liable for corporation tax.

Given it was a friendly, would this not be a Gerrard ask to ensure the players weren't getting much of a break and keeping their tempo going with regards to fitness levels?

The ball boys just now for friendlys are all current academy players. I think it's a good idea having them there pitchside for games, close to the action and seeing what level they need to get to, getting used to the noise etc can only be a good thing

£115 I think per match ball say 10 and need to be new balls every game as well from memory
We have plenty of balls. Marseille had about 20 yellow mitres, and i don’t think they brought them with them :D

We have plenty of balls. Marseille had about 20 yellow mitres, and i don’t think they brought them with them :D

I am aware of that and probably supplied Marseille balls to train with

Mitre Delta costs £115 a ball that is one that used in the match,

you can also get a replica as well for 10% of that from Mitre' website as I said those are like the training version?

There is cost involved and while we could afford it for other clubs is a no-no

Mitre aren't going to give away loads of balls for nothing

Seems like a trivial issue but I really think the multiball system would help us massively. The diddy clubs know it wouldn’t help with timewasting so won’t vote it in, pathetic

I am aware of that and probably supplied Marseille balls to train with

Mitre Delta costs £115 a ball that is one that used in the match,

you can also get a replica as well for 10% of that from Mitre' website as I said those are like the training version?

There is cost involved and while we could afford it for other clubs is a no-no

Mitre aren't going to give away loads of balls for nothing
The training balls are the same quality as the match balls. Why would you train with a completely different ball with a different weight and movement to the one you play with?

We pay millions in wages, im sure we can afford a few grand on balls, if we even pay for them.

i would prefer to see multiball systems in all stadiums. Surely it adds to the entertainment and stops timewsting. Each ballboy with a ball throw and retrieve
You make it sound so simple ,because it is:))
Only in this football backwater it would be voted down

There is no reason they have to be new for every game. In theory they will be getting used 1/10 the time. So replacing them every 10 games should be sufficient.

Match Balls

G47

Fucking hell. So basically: 'you can have three balls'

The training balls are the same quality as the match balls. Why would you train with a completely different ball with a different weight and movement to the one you play with?

We pay millions in wages, im sure we can afford a few grand on balls, if we even pay for them.

Fair enough regarding training side of it

But there is cost and as I said while we could afford it for others it is costly hence why it is not in use

There is no reason they have to be new for every game. In theory they will be getting used 1/10 the time. So replacing them every 10 games should be sufficient.

I posted rules about match balls from SPFL

if new means new then every game has a new set of balls minimum 3 per game

The ball boys on Sunday at the EE each had a spare to throw to the players when the ball went oot of play.

FFS you know we are screwed when we can’t afford balls to play a football match. Let’s just get those ones you won at the shows that move in the wind or a foam ball instead.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/new-mitre-deal-announced

NEW MITRE DEAL ANNOUNCED
SPFL AND MITRE AGREE PARTNERSHIP EXTENSION UNTIL 2022/23...

The Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) and Mitre have announced a four-year extension to their long-running partnership – an agreement that will see their relationship extend to more than two decades.

Mitre has been an Official Match Ball Supplier of Scottish league football, supplying the latest technology to teams, since 1998. This new agreement will see their partnership run until the end of season 2022/23.

Neil Doncaster, SPFL chief executive, said: "We are really proud to announce this agreement with Mitre which will extend our partnership to over 20 years.

“We have enjoyed a terrific relationship with Mitre since 1998 and we look forward to working with them for at least another four years as our Official Match Ball Supplier.”

Sean Kavanagh, Global Director of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship at Mitre, said: “We have an excellent partnership with the SPFL and look forward to seeing the Mitre ball on-field through to at least 2023.
“The Mitre ball is synonymous with Scottish football and we are excited to play our part for another four seasons.”

Back