Ball recycling

bud67

It was obvious to me from the start of the game that their manager had clearly issued instructions to have the ball recycled for their players very quickly when it went out of play. I don't really have a problem with that except that it was not done for rangers players.

I wish we played with the same tempo as them last night by taking throw-ins, free kicks etc quickly and before the opposition gets back their defensive shape. It's something that I hope Giovanni and his staff work on to improve us alongwith doing more to keep possession from throw-ins, etc.

But going back to last night it's clearly a form of cheating when their ballboys are coached on getting the ball to their players very quickly but do not do the same for the opposition at septic park no matter who it is.

When madden belatedly formally recognised the issue late in the game by speaking to Celtic officials super ally laughs about it and maybe others will consider it unimportant.

I think fast ball recycling is a good thing and generally makes the game more entertaining but it must be done for both teams in a game. Thier game plan was helped by it whilst we were not given the same opportunity to benefit from it.

I'm not saying it would have altered the outcome as we were so poor but in all fairness both teams must be treated the same. Septic FC should be called out for it.

Our ball boys done it at Ibrox when they were chasing the equaliser

Our boys turned away from the pitch and walked away from their players holding the ball. Probably came from our management

Ours should be told to do that at the next game although I fear our current management aren’t as savvy or ruthless as our previous lot

Our ball boys done it at Ibrox when they were chasing the equaliser

Our boys turned away from the pitch and walked away from their players holding the ball. Probably came from our management

Ours should be told to do that at the next game although I fear our current management aren’t as savvy or ruthless as our previous lot
That may have happened but I'm at Ibrox for all home league games and I get hugely frustrated by the amount of time wasted for gers and opposition when the ball goes out of play.
It's clear to me there is no systematic quick ball recycling to benefit rangers and not the opposition

Clubs will use every trick to gain an advantage. There was a time in the first half where the ball had barely crossed the line for a bye kick and a ball was already on the pitch ready for hart who pumped it long to abada.

Contrast with us at home where we walk around waiting until the opposition are set before we take throw ins and corners

They’ve done it since day 1, it’s been well publicised.

Halliday said it’s extremely intense.

It’s sensible.

I'll be honest I really don't have a problem with it. It's the sort of thing we'd be cheering and laughing about if we were doing it.

Shouldn't have been in a position where we're worrying about fcking ball boys in the first place tbh.

I said it in another thread. They sprint to take corners. We have our full back plodding up the park to take them spending a good 60 seconds alone to get up the park, idiotically waste time to position the ball as far as possible on the outline of the corner area and then more time to compose himself before hitting the ball straight at the first man in defence.

I said it in another thread. They sprint to take corners. We have our full back plodding up the park to take them spending a good 60 seconds alone to get up the park, idiotically waste time to position the ball as far as possible on the outline of the corner area and then more time to compose himself before hitting the ball straight at the first man in defence.
They knew they had us on the ropes. They didn’t just want to beat us last night they wanted to humiliate us.

Even when we did get a throw in it was a matter of seconds before we had either been disposed of the ball or knocked it out tor a throw in to them anyway.

Everything about the girodome reeks of shitehousery. Its a given. You deal with it by going out and showing what you're made of.

Not what we did last night.

When Giomakis was running around like a wee lassie whipping up the crowd, someone should have put him 10ft in the air.

Clubs will use every trick to gain an advantage. There was a time in the first half where the ball had barely crossed the line for a bye kick and a ball was already on the pitch ready for hart who pumped it long to abada.

Contrast with us at home where we walk around waiting until the opposition are set before we take throw ins and corners
That's what I came on to post.

tbf, it was pretty well done -- they certainly outdid us with urgency.

It is a form of cheating as both teams are not being treated equally.

As matter of interest is the COVID inspired multi-ball system in Scotland still a rule? I’m asking because Ross County didn’t have multi-ball in play on Saturday.

It was obvious to me from the start of the game that their manager had clearly issued instructions to have the ball recycled for their players very quickly when it went out of play. I don't really have a problem with that except that it was not done for rangers players.

I wish we played with the same tempo as them last night by taking throw-ins, free kicks etc quickly and before the opposition gets back their defensive shape. It's something that I hope Giovanni and his staff work on to improve us alongwith doing more to keep possession from throw-ins, etc.

But going back to last night it's clearly a form of cheating when their ballboys are coached on getting the ball to their players very quickly but do not do the same for the opposition at septic park no matter who it is.

When madden belatedly formally recognised the issue late in the game by speaking to Celtic officials super ally laughs about it and maybe others will consider it unimportant.

I think fast ball recycling is a good thing and generally makes the game more entertaining but it must be done for both teams in a game. Thier game plan was helped by it whilst we were not given the same opportunity to benefit from it.

I'm not saying it would have altered the outcome as we were so poor but in all fairness both teams must be treated the same. Septic FC should be called out for it.
What happened when we got goal kicks was disgraceful. The ballboys kicking it away from McGregor every time he went for it. He had to ask the referee to do do something about it and that's when madden went to speak to their head steward. Madden and his assistants watched this happen the whole game and had to wait till McGregor complained before he made a feeble attempt to do something. This should have been addressed by the fourth official right away as it was going on right in front of him at throw ins A scummy club doing what scum does ably assisted by referee and friends it shite I know but really annoying to our players.

That's what I came on to post.

tbf, it was pretty well done -- they certainly outdid us with urgency.
I put in more effort pacing up and down the living room watching the game than some of our players did in that first half.

There was zero urgency and that is a major concern.

something i say to mates every week at Ibrox our ball boys/girls are slow like they are just happy to be there to meet broxi and have zero game understanding.there ball boys did exactly as they should have ball out straight to there players.look at spurs few seasons ago quick reaction ball boy spurs score

I sincerely hope in the home game we instruct our ball boys to slow everything down with them
And frustrate them.

Last night we should have faked injuries, took 30 seconds for a throw in etc and slow the game down but we lack any of that, we’re just soft

If you watch closely Hart always has a ball sitting beside the side netting in readiness to take a quick kick out

Wish folks would stop with the 'we were cheated' diatribe. The unpalatable reality is that we got battered by a team that turned up determined to win and our players/management carry the can for that, not a shower of scheming ball boys.

The only folks cheated last night were the Rangers support and we need look no further than our own dressing room to find the culprits.

You mean our full back plods up to take all the corners even with throw ins he bounces the ball and looks around and usually we lose possession that sort of lazy attitude should be punished by our management team.

That’s what I don’t understand. If they were so comfortable at 3-0 and the game was apparently done, then why were they time wasting as early as the 47th minute? Scummy behaviour.

All this "Do as i say, not as i do" shite can get in the bin.

Any team with a bit of nous would make sure they took care of every tiny aspect. That's why its called home advantage. Souness wrote the book on this ffs.

The big picture is we got humped by an inferior team because 90% of our players were gutless and the tactics were an incoherent mess. The Black Skull flute band could have been the ball boys last night. It would have made F**K ALL difference.

Back