Ballot for Livi game

I sat in the club deck for a season and loved it. Get a great view of things developing tactically, like you say.
I'm a 6ft fat bastard, if it wasn't for that I'd of stayed up there.

The view in the first rows of CD is amazing.

The climbing up the stairs was a nightmare though.

Surely has to be today.

Dont even know why I'm letting it get to me, I cant go anyway

if it’s not done today I can’t see me being able to get sorted for travel. Going for the weekend doesn’t suit me this week as I have plans made so day trip is only viable option for me.

My ST is in the Club Deck but as I chose my seat for Madrid on the Tuesday the Club Deck was not an option then and I chose the Copland Rear. At the game I could see my seat from the Copland and it was getting used by someone. I would hope to get my own seat if lucky in the ballot.
You should at least get your own stand when it comes to league games.
Your paying an additional cost in some cases depending on where you sit. That should get get you your stand / section if you are successful in a ballot i.m.o

You cannae have a ticket at the back/front of the Broomie and think, I'll try for club deck or club1872 for a wee change.

You should at least get your own stand when it comes to league games.
Your paying an additional cost in some cases depending on where you sit. That should get get you your stand / section if you are successful in a ballot i.m.o

You cannae have a ticket at the back/front of the Broomie and think, I'll try for club deck or club1872 for a wee change.
Just be grateful if you get in bud

I’m relaxed about the ballot but the clubs communication with fans really is shambolic and is an area which could be massively improved

even a short statement along the lines of “The ballot for the Livingston fixture will be carried out on Monday/Tuesday with successful fans receiving communication by Wednesday 5pm”

Rather than keeping us guessing and probably bombarding the ticket office email address with the same question

Loving how Rangers are keeping us all on edge and building the tension and excitement for those lucky enough to get to see the Champions on Saturday, a masterstroke ! :)

If i dont get a ticket for livi i dont mind, got to the two friendly games at weekend. Will just invest the money i would of spent on sat to the rangers store and order the orange training top

I normally sit in the main stand but at the top of the stairs so have plenty leg room. I’m 6”5 and was squashed into a normal row. Had to sit side on for the full games at the weekend and ended up with a sore back :D

Are there certain areas of ground have slightly more legroom? I suspect they will due to being built at different times.

Being of the lankier persuasion myself, the few times I've sat in the Main Stand convinced me that there's a few inches less legroom there than in the rest of the stadium.

Particularly noticeable when you're wedged between two 18 stone guys, and basically in pain for the whole game when you can't move your legs to the side.

One of the best views of the game right enough

The practicalities of it aren't as easy as that, sadly.

The stadium has to be mapped out as to where people should be sitting (we know it won't be adhered to on the day but we can't plan for that). The distance between people, numbers in certain rows etc - all of that has to be scrapped and started again with any change that's implemented. If the attendance number has changed, that's going to have a big effect.

Our list of season ticket holders isn't just individuals, there's family and social groups to consider, so trying to get the numbers right isn't as easy as just putting everyone into a pot and drawing them out.

There's no doubt the ticket office or whatever department is in control of this have had some challenges this summer and haven't always found it easy, but in this case the club are trying to get as many fans as possible into the game and that sadly means a bit of work and time. They won't want the sort of difficulties that happened with the friendlies. It probably means the ballot is delayed a little, which is unfortunate and I do understand the frustrations and problems that causes for many fans.

But I think it's unfair to criticise the club for trying to get as many fans back into the stadium as possible, and I don't believe this whole process is anywhere near simple.
Fair points, I was in the 'stick the names in the hat' category. I suppose if it was that simple they would have done so

Wouldn't be surprised if the scots gov/gcc were being deliberately slowly in finally agreeing a crowd figure. (I know thete's posts on here to the contrary) but either way a quick tweet from the club to say ballot being carried out on... or awaiting clarity from central/local govt, fans would at least know what's happening.

Here's hoping for something at least indicative today.

To be fair, and this is not relevant to me as I am in 1 of the cheaper seats, are we just ignoring the fact that me in GF1 can go select a ticket in the Main Stand which is a far dearer ticket?

Then the poor old guy who doesn't have access to Internet like my neighbour gets stuck in the corner of the enclosure or something despite paying for a better seat by time he gets someone to book a ticket for him?

One of the many problems the club are facing. Maybe they could ballot each section/stand and people can only get access to their own stand?
Great point.

I'm over £700 for my ticket. Why should someone get the chance of selecting "my" seat that I've paid for when they've paid for a cheaper seat? Opposite side of the coin, I could potentially be left with a seat that's got a poor view in a different stand.

I sit on main stand rear and am at the end of the row so get extra legroom

however open to sit anywhere just as long as I get a ticket

Great point.

I'm over £700 for my ticket. Why should someone get the chance of selecting "my" seat that I've paid for when they've paid for a cheaper seat? Opposite side of the coin, I could potentially be left with a seat that's got a poor view in a different stand.
Because this isn't exactly normal circumstances. Plus this should hopefully be the very last time that we aren't able to offer full capacity.

Great point.

Would u rather be in the situation we were in last season? Its not ideal, but its a start.

Try getting this through to those who want their “own seat” in a reduced capacity stadium with restrictions in place - they already have their knickers in a twist at the thought of not being in their “own seat” - can you imagine the level of grievance they will reach if they are unsuccessful in the ballot ( and I am sitting in their seat). :))
Best one was the Dundee United semi final played at Ibrox as a neutral venue.

Guys still going off their nut at not getting their usual seat, even though we weren't even the home team!

Do people still think that paying Rangers every season means that the seat as actually theirs?

It is never "your" seat, it belongs to Rangers.

PS. Aye I do still call it "my" seat :D
I’d love the option to buy my seat. Name on it. Staunch

I didn’t get ‘my’ seat on Sunday but I wasn’t complaining as I got right on halfway line, mid way up GR.

Great point.

Actually, it’s not your seat, particularly during these times of reduced capacity- and no one has got to “select” seats- they can select stand and area but the actual seats are automatically allocated - oh and don’t forget the terms and conditions of ticket purchase for entry to the stadium - which state the club can relocate YOU to a different area of the stadium at their discretion,

The lack of communication on this from Rangers has been absolutely shocking. How much time would have taken to issue an email explaining when the ballot would be done?
It’s the guys that travel from further afield that I feel sorry for. For every day that passes, there travel costs go up or they risk not being able to travel at all.

Rangers really need to get their house in order when it comes to ticketing and communication. Folk have stumped up for 2 season tickets in a row without having seen a match yet. The very least Rangers should be doing is keeping us up to date.

People greeting about their seat. Grown men.

It's one game you'll be inconvenienced for. One single game.
Personally, I think they are just killing time and talking shite between checking emails and coming on here to look for confirmation of tickets being released- these same ones will be over the moon if they are successful in the ballot regardless of where they are sitting

Do people still think that paying Rangers every season means that the seat as actually theirs?

It is never "your" seat, it belongs to Rangers.

PS. Aye I do still call it "my" seat :D
At the Brighton game on Sat we were in one of the hospitality lounges and it was announced you could sit anywhere when you took your seats

After sitting down I had a woman tell me to move as “this is my seat, I’ve sat here for 13 years, you’ll need to move”

Unbelievable that folk think they actually own the seat

Actually, it’s not your seat, particularly during these times of reduced capacity- and no one has got to “select” seats- they can select stand and area but the actual seats are automatically allocated - oh and don’t forget the terms and conditions of ticket purchase for entry to the stadium - which state the club can relocate YOU to a different area of the stadium at their discretion,
I get moved out of my CD5 seat for European games but the alternative offer so far has been excellent.
it’s given to the away teams ‘executive’ supporters and they have always seemed a decent bunch…even when we win :)

People that are moaning about their own seat are as embarrassing as people that come out with the “panty wetter” and “mentally challengeds” patter

At the Brighton game on Sat we were in one of the hospitality lounges and it was announced you could sit anywhere when you took your seats

After sitting down I had a woman tell me to move as “this is my seat, I’ve sat here for 13 years, you’ll need to move”

Did you move?

I hope you didn’t move ?

The blue sea parted didn’t it

Back