Ballot for Livi game

The Gooner

Does anyone know when the ballot for this game will take place as, like many fellow Rangers supporters, I have to make arrangements to get to Glasgow if successful.

Reactions: WBD
How does it work ? Will all season ticket holders automatically be in it or do you need to opt in ?

I’ll be working so there’s no point in me being involved. At the same I’d like to start being able to use the Seat Sub again for when I can’t make it.

How does it work ? Will all season ticket holders automatically be in it or do you need to opt in ?

I’ll be working so there’s no point in me being involved. At the same I’d like to start being able to use the Seat Sub again for when I can’t make it.
All STH in it

Going by the procedure for the friendlies likely we get an email that tells you to confirm the ticket in order to be allocated a seat that way if you can't attend they re-ballot your ticket for the game

Last edited:
What I would like to know is what happens in the instance of not being granted a full house with the scum our 2nd home game, will successful ballots from the Livi game be ruled out?

If a ST Holder gets a ticket in the ballot and can't attend do you think he/she should be able to use SeatSub or should the Ticket be "redrawn?"

If a ST Holder gets a ticket in the ballot and can't attend do you think he/she should be able to use SeatSub or should the Ticket be "redrawn?"
Fairness suggests redrawn. I wouldn’t be too happy to miss out in the ballot then a non ST holder gets to attend unless I get in and buy a ticket I’ve already paid for.

Would have to be redrawn you’d think. I can’t see any fair reason to let someone just claim the credit on seat sub

I am very keen for seatsub to be operational again though. Was painful not having a discount when I renewed this summer.

All STH in it

Going by the procedure for the friendlies likely we get an email that tells you to 'purchase' the ticket in order to be allocated a seat that way if you can't attend they re-ballot your ticket for the game

How long you think the window will be from being told your successfull to having to pay.

I work and can check phone every couple of hours

All goes to show the people in charge have no experience of running supporters buses or even travelling hundreds of miles for a game, where you want to get in and book a travel ticket at the cheapest rate possible.

I can see no reason that a ballot of 17,000 registered ticket holders could not have been held within a day of confirming the attendance limit.

In all honesty the club should have had the ballot already

Given GCC taking the piss re attendance allowances the only reason to delay a ballot would be if the club were challenging the 17k allocation for the Livi game based on the scum numbers for Saturday friendly v West Ham

The open training session tomorrow hadn’t been allocated either this morning so not sure if that’s been resolved or not but it’s impossible for people to attend with zero notice

The club and SLO need to get their act together

I’m paying £724 for a season ticket and was fine with the VST but now things are moving we need them to threaten GCC with a civil action in the court re different allocations but also the loyal fans deserve more communication

How long you think the window will be from being told your successfull to having to pay.

I work and can check phone every couple of hours
e-mail for Real Madrid on Tuesday had 5pm deadline today

Only other option is the club automatic assign you a seat in the ballot for Livingston

It’s an absolute joke this ballot has not been done already. The club are absolutely clueless and so out of touch on things like this.

Reactions: dmg
The friendly games needed to be “purchased” separately, whereas we have already effectively paid for the Livi game. If successful, will it be an automatic process, or will we have to battle through the website and sections again etc to “purchase” it, if you see what I mean?

Reactions: WBD
Yeah thought as much! Just a bit confused as to why a couple people used the term or purchase / buy. Thanks for clearing up!

Probably lunch time on the day of the game…

Surely with the ST being sold out they have all the names and theres nothing stopping them doing this asap? Unless we are pushing for more fans in?

How will this work if you sit next to a family member? Would you both get drawn?

You won't be using the smartcard to enter or sitting in your normal seat

You won't be paying anything extra it will be a simple process of allocating a seat for so either you need to 'purchase' the ticket or the club automatic allocated a seat in the ballot as I later added

Has this been confirmed anywhere?

The friendly games needed to be “purchased” separately, whereas we have already effectively paid for the Livi game. If successful, will it be an automatic process, or will we have to battle through the website and sections again etc to “purchase” it, if you see what I mean?

I think they will need to do some kind of 'confirmation procedure' to make sure (as far as they can) that every seat allocated is actually used. I know demand is massive for this game but there will be punters who can't make it fir whatever reason.

I'm guessing the sensible thing will be to ask people to purchase it and the price to be zero. Those who can attend do so and those who can't do not.

So we can guarantee that's the last thing they'll do.

Wrong choice of words, I think accept/confirm is what was meant.
Yeah that's what I meant. I'm guessing we'll still need to go through same process as the friendlies but it'll just have a zero value when checking out.

I recon they’ll just allocate you with the QR, not giving people the choice if they want to go on and “purchase” it. The reason being, people might think, well I’m not picking that game, I want a better chance of getting the mentally challenged if I don’t go to livi game

Has the SLO provided any further info on this?

He seems to have been quiet since it all kicked off over the friendly tickets.

Back