Ballot for Livi game

Aye thought your post was a wee bit in jest mate haha. As you say most folk will see it that it is what y is and get on with it. Maybe even look at it as a wee adventure going to a different area.

Can just see a few with complaints like they pay for prime seats so why should they be allocated one in wherever that they don't see as quite as good.

Aye probably. I think the fact you could/will be allocated within your F&F group makes it easier still, for the club. Fingers crossed the delay is purely down to us negotiating for more numbers. Goes without saying, I'm desperate to be there but,if I can't be we want as many through the door as possible. God knows people have been patient for this moment.

Planning days off and travel is so difficult for the current games. Is the European game now confirmed as 10th?

Ballot on Monday?
If it's not, someone is taking the proverbial.

We've only an 820 mile round trip to make ( yes I have reverted to sarcasm) and that's if I get time off work Friday now.

It's ridiculous the time it's taking to sort this out.

Most of us long distance season ticket holders are being kept in limbo, with no consideration whatsoever being made in regard's to our travel plans etc.

The 17.500 attendees should've been notified last week, with additional numbers if applicable this week.

But no.

The bloody ticket office at it's best once again........

Last edited:
I haven’t had the date confirmed. It will be as soon as possible.
Mate I not having a pop at you as youre pretty much thrown under the bus here and you're only the messanger... But this carry on is ridiculous. How we are we meant to organise buses, boats flights hotels etc with the current covid restrictions. No consideration whatsoever. Original ballot shoujd have been done last week. And if subsequent seats are released allocate them on ad hoc basis. Am I missing something here?

Such was the clusterf*ck of the ballots for Brighton and Real Madrid last week that I'm surprised that folk wanted to throw yet another ballot into the mix at the same time. Yup, I get the point on travel arrangement completely but, my goodness, we made such a mess of doing two at once I dread to think how bad it could have got adding another - bigger - one into the mix.:eek:

Last edited:
Such was the clusterf*ck of the ballots for Brighton and Real Madrid last week that I'm surprised that folk wanted to throw yet another ballot into the mix at the same time. Yup, I get the point on travel arrangement completely but, my goodness, we made such a mess of doing two at once I dread to think how bad it could have got adding another - bigger - one into the mix.:eek:
That's all very well what you say VB, but for goodness sake how long have the ticket office had to prepare for the coming season. They knew of the restrictions and regardless of numbers attending games, they should've been prepared for every eventuality, but no.

They have waited until the last minute and f---ed everybody off.

As you say, a complete clusterf*ck.

I have been watching the total balls up with the ballots for the friendly games and am not filled with confidence for the SPL games coming up.
Could the club not issue some guidelines stating that if you get a ticket for Livingston this will rule you out of the C*ltic game unless full capacity is restored.

That's all very well what you say VB, but for goodness sake how long have the ticket office had to prepare for the coming season. They knew of the restrictions and regardless of numbers attending games, they should've been prepared for every eventuality, but no.

They have waited until the last minute and f---ed everybody off.

As you say, a complete clusterf*ck.

They always do this. Same could be said for the mygers renewal which they had all year to prepare for, and decided to tell supporters on a Friday evening that the money to renew your membership would be coming out on Monday. They are a disgrace.

I have been watching the total balls up with the ballots for the friendly games and am not filled with confidence for the SPL games coming up.
Could the club not issue some guidelines stating that if you get a ticket for Livingston this will rule you out of the C*ltic game unless full capacity is restored.

The club will never say that even if it's true as it will lead to all sorts of chaos. Also they are expecting a full capacity for that day, so I'm not even sure they'll have any sort of plan in place for the eventuality that there isn't. They'll leave it to the last minute and cause absolute carnage by being totally unprepared if that happens.

Clusterf*ck mark 2.........

Aye, can see that going down well, but see what you mean.

You'll probably get an email telling you you're successful for the Livi game and in small print at the bottom it'll tell you that you won't be in the ballot for the celtic game.

Sorry that I have raised your hackles, here's the background to my question:
this came about when I was talking to my mate (Postman) who like myself is a Season Ticket Holder, we discussed the Livvy game, the ballot and the difficulty in organising getting over to the game from NI, and also its his Saturday to work but with not knowing his chances he couldn't go and organise to get his shift covered, he asked me what would happen if he got a ticket, like you and probably 99.99% of posters here I said it would likely be redrawn, he suggested by means of paying for his Season Ticket that if he received a Ticket he should be able to pass it off through Seatsub, he'd get a credit towards his renewal and someone else would get the Ticket.
Never considered the Seatsub option for the draw myself, truth be told I'm sure it would be easy to shift it at face value never mind waiting on a renewal credit next May but I was interested what others on here thought.

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand.
Firstly I'd enjoyed a few refreshments so the tone might have been on the harsher side.
But, your last line has me itching to reply even today in a drier mood.
Quick to judge etc, so it appears it's not you who is out of order but your mate.
Again, why would he expect money back from his ticket when up to 2/3s of fans who have paid won't get?
Still seems weird to me.
And looking back, I didn't attack you personally, I attacked the idea.
Makes no difference if it was your idea, his idea or paddy the tims idea.

Firstly I'd enjoyed a few refreshments so the tone might have been on the harsher side.
But, your last line has me itching to reply even today in a drier mood.
Quick to judge etc, so it appears it's not you who is out of order but your mate.
Again, why would he expect money back from his ticket when up to 2/3s of fans who have paid won't get?
Still seems weird to me.
And looking back, I didn't attack you personally, I attacked the idea.
Makes no difference if it was your idea, his idea or paddy the tims idea.
This could go on for ever so this will be my last on it, my mates reasoning whether you, I or Paddy the Tim agree with it is that he has paid for his season Ticket for League Matches, if he gets a ticket through a ballot for that game and he is unable to attend it he should be able to offer it up as Seatsub. He is aware that the draw as it stands is for 17000 tickets and the total amount of Season Ticket holders is 45000+, he knows there is 28000 ST Holders who will be disappointed, MyGers is not a big deal for him, Midweek Cup Matches and Away Games are a rarity for the average NI Fan, really the MyGers Sub is a donation,.

I think you may have a bit more drying to do yet chum but I wish you well and hope we all get in our seats before too long.

As things stand there's no ballot for the Celtic game, so no need.

This could go on for ever so this will be my last on it, my mates reasoning whether you, I or Paddy the Tim agree with it is that he has paid for his season Ticket for League Matches, if he gets a ticket through a ballot for that game and he is unable to attend it he should be able to offer it up as Seatsub. He is aware that the draw as it stands is for 17000 tickets and the total amount of Season Ticket holders is 45000+, he knows there is 28000 ST Holders who will be disappointed, MyGers is not a big deal for him, Midweek Cup Matches and Away Games are a rarity for the average NI Fan, really the MyGers Sub is a donation,.

I think you may have a bit more drying to do yet chum but I wish you well and hope we all get in our seats before too long.

yes it should be offered for seatsub and here's the rub even if 100 ST holders cant go they all have a mate who can go instead that they feel more loyal to than Rangers

Just don't see what it would achieve mate, the Celtic game is over a month away - no point getting folk angry over a hypothetical situation when we'll know the answer in just over a week.

Your right, it'll achieve nothing and this place would descend into madness.

Reactions: TN8
I think they will need to do some kind of 'confirmation procedure' to make sure (as far as they can) that every seat allocated is actually used. I know demand is massive for this game but there will be punters who can't make it fir whatever reason.
due to Rangers fvcking about, the Ulster bears are getting shafted here due to last minute flight or ferry prices.

I actually can’t make Friday so not too fussed about getting a ticket. Hopefully unsuccessful then get in for the next home game.

Ballots are done in their friendship groups where possible.

I’m a little thick, so how does that work?

Everyone goes in the hat - let’s say 46k.

If you’re Crouchy and pulled out first then me, plus all my friends and family will be allocated tickets?

If that’s the case, do I not have a better chance the large my F&F group is, as I guess we all have to be the ballot as individuals for that to work?

Or, do we go in as one name and the number of entrants in the hat is lower?

Not a moan, just want to understand how best to cheat the system. :)

If you’re Crouchy and pulled out first then me, plus all my friends and family will be allocated tickets?

If that’s the case, do I not have a better chance the large my F&F group is, as I guess we all have to be the ballot as individuals for that to work?

Surely has to be the bit in bold. Anything else would be grossly unfair on those who go along on their own.

Same here. Might join up to the scheme with my 6 mates
Ive taken a gamble with a flight from gatwick next saturday but will change it for the european game or flag day if i dont het one in the ballot. Its a shambles in all seriousness though

Your mates idea is ridiculous. Season ticket holders cant get a ticket and he wants to sell his on seatsub to non season ticket holders.

Your mates idea is ridiculous. Season ticket holders cant get a ticket and he wants to sell his on seatsub to non season ticket holders.
Seatsub doesn't automatically go on sale to non season ticket holders as seen by previous games against them. There would be nothing to stop the club reballoting other season ticket holders who missed out

Think it's a max of 5 pal.
Same here. Might join up to the scheme with my 6 mates
Ive taken a gamble with a flight from gatwick next saturday but will change it for the european game or flag day if i dont het one in the ballot. Its a shambles in all seriousness though

Seatsub doesn't automatically go on sale to non season ticket holders as seen by previous games against them. There would be nothing to stop the club reballoting other season ticket holders who missed out
And pay a guy £10. That opens a whole can of worms. STH holder gets money off of next years season ticket for not attending a game that 66% of STH are locked out of.

I'd like to know this too, and if that is the case we'll put our Rangers numbers together :D

What do you do if you can't go but get allocated a ticket? Is there an official way to refuse so I'd be included in the next ballot?

Makes sense for everyone allocated a ticket to go on and purchase by a certain time those not bought are offered out again and so on. Obviously there was problems with this method for the friendlies but hopefully these have now been rectified.

Apologies if already answered in this or one of the other threads.
Does anyone know what is happening with the disabled section?
Are they having their own ballot? Or are they not in yet?
My Dad attends with a friend in the disabled section and they haven't heard anything about league fixtures this year. Thanks in advance for any info.

Back