Ballot for Livi game

I think @student_loyal has it right. It will be carnage but my thinking is it will be the same as the friendlies. They will add a code (T22106?) and you will have a period of time to pick your seat. If you don’t do so, it will get re-allocated and code T22106 will pop up on someone else’s account.

Purely a guess on my part I stress.
I have been refreshing my order history all day waiting for something to get put on!

Still nothing as of now

I'll be in the minority but I quite enjoyed the reduced attendance.

Not constantly up and down to let someone to the toilet, more leg room, nobody right behind you showering you in saliva as they scream abuse at the referee/opposition/Rangers player for a misplaced pass.

Could get used to it :eek:
Should maybe go support the Accies mate. ;)

I assume you will need to choose a seat so will have the option not to with those tickets going into a second ballot.

that expires after a few days?

my point is if the ballot drops tomorrow and some folk can say no it may allow someone else to get a ticket earlier and make arrangements to go

I got zero of the games. Think they forgot to put me into the Super computer. So, not confident of getting one for Sat.
Brighton went to General Sale mate so you should, at the very least, have had the opportunity for that one as a ST holder. Subject to negotiating the awful seat selection process.

Agree with all of this. Even if something is getting in the way of a ballot the Club should be informing us what the hold up is and when the ballot is talking place. I'm now at the stage of having to make alternative plans for Saturday meaning I'll have to miss out now.
I take it if we are lucky enough in the ballot we will get our own seats.

Quite simple. Allocate by seat rather than name.

It's actually easier than by name as then you do not need to allocate seats to names drawn.
And how does that work out with adult and kids tickets. Something at first glance that seems "Quite simple" isn't actually so when you look a bit deeper.

T

That's not a ballot then, it's hand picking people.

No it's not.

Its picking Copland Front Row A Seat 1...Copland Front Row A Seat 4...Copland Front Row A Seat 7....

Doesnt know if that's a first time season ticket holder or a 20 year season ticket holder

I paid for my seat for league games and I expect to sit on the seat I pay for.
FFS really. There's no chance people who are successful in the ballot will just get to sit in their normal seat. They'll have to have demonstrated to the higher powers that they're taking social distancing seriously. It'll be a first come first served take your pick of half the stadium (if the rumoured 25k proves accurate).

No it's not.

Its picking Copland Front Row A Seat 1...Copland Front Row A Seat 4...Copland Front Row A Seat 7....

Doesnt know if that's a first time season ticket holder or a 20 year season ticket holder
So, in your scenario a 6 year old kid could be allocated a ticket but not there parent who sits next to them?

It's not the case that everyone has to be spaced out.

So, in your scenario a 6 year old kid could be allocated a ticket but not there parent who sits next to them?

It's not the case that everyone has to be spaced out.

Yeah you're right. The club must have a set attendance and put this into a stadium plan and then allocate via a ballot the number of tickets prescribed.

I've never really given it much thought but can see that it's not that easy to do.

Hopefully won't be a topic of frustration / discussion for too much longer

Yeah you're right. The club must have a set attendance and put this into a stadium plan and then allocate via a ballot the number of tickets prescribed.

I've never really given it much thought but can see that it's not that easy to do.

Aye, folk are frustrated at the delay but I don't think it's as easy as we think, especially if reports are true that the club are pushing for a bigger attendance.

I can't even make the game so it's a stick on that I'll be successful in the ballot :))

Hats off to you. Someone on here actually admitting they may not have been correct ! I’m impressed. Well done :D

Aye, folk are frustrated at the delay but I don't think it's as easy as we think, especially if reports are true that the club are pushing for a bigger attendance.

I can't even make the game so it's a stick on that I'll be successful in the ballot :))

Likewise.

16 day old baby and its not even worth the question... I'll save that for the filth

Hats off to you. Someone on here actually admitting they may not have been correct ! I’m impressed. Well done :D

:)

I genuinely thought the allocation would be by seat number but then reading the responses I now know I'm wrong.

We barely have a decent ticketing system without relying on algorithms to determine if season ticket holder A has a dependant / friend / next door neighbour they go to the match with...

:)

I genuinely thought the allocation would be by seat number but then reading the responses I now know I'm wrong.

We barely have a decent ticketing system without relying on algorithms to determine if season ticket holder A has a dependant / friend / next door neighbour they go to the match with...
I don’t think we’ve got algorithms involved in this. I think it’s done like a Grand National sweep in the work. Every season ticket holders name is written on a wee slip of paper , crumpled up and put in a Tesco bag, before the draw takes place.

I don’t think we’ve got algorithms involved in this. I think it’s done like a Grand National sweep in the work. Every season ticket holders name is written on a wee slip of paper , crumpled up and put in a Tesco bag, before the draw takes place.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is genuinely what's taking so long. Some office apprentice getting made to write out all the names and cut them up before putting them in a bin bag :eek:

Not having that at all. You've got to be at it yeah :D

To be fair, and this is not relevant to me as I am in 1 of the cheaper seats, are we just ignoring the fact that me in GF1 can go select a ticket in the Main Stand which is a far dearer ticket?

Then the poor old guy who doesn't have access to Internet like my neighbour gets stuck in the corner of the enclosure or something despite paying for a better seat by time he gets someone to book a ticket for him?

One of the many problems the club are facing. Maybe they could ballot each section/stand and people can only get access to their own stand?

I paid for my seat for league games and I expect to sit on the seat I pay for.

How's that going to work with the pandemic.

Daft scenario but imagine all of the main stand got pulled out in the ballot and everyone just sat on their seat?

Engage your brain and consider why the club aren't allowed all fans in for goodness sake.

• Haha
Reactions: CF4
No it's not.

What if Copland Front Row A Seat 1 is a 5 year old boy. Does he just turn up without his parent? You havent really thought this through.

One thing I’d say is that that anyone who gets a successful email on the ballot should be able to log on and find an available section for sitting in. There seemed to be an over subscription at the weekend and it became fastest finger first.

edit: the ballot by section sounds like a great idea.

tenor.gif

Back