Ballot for Livi game

Of course I’d be gutted if I missed the Celtic game but I’ve got a ticket for Saturday and I’m delighted. I’ve seen folk on here actively hoping they lose out on this ballot so they get a Celtic brief. I’m not wanting staunch points or anything but the chance to see Rangers in a league match after so long away is an exciting prospect and I don’t care that it’s Livingston we are playing.

Let’s hope these restrictions are over soon enough as planned and these horrible ST ballots are a thing of the past (although I know the fun will start up again when the first semi final ballots and purchase windows start......)

For avoidance of doubt as I’ve seen it on twitter people saying they’ll turn it down if priority to those without goes to Celtic. As far as I’m aware this will work like old away CCCS if you turn down the ticket you’ll be classed as successful in ballot. Scary the amount on social media who seem to think they can play the system when you’ve people genuinely wanting to be there
There's a few in this thread saying they will be raging if they got a ticket in the 2nd ballot cos it rules them out the fifth game.It's pathetic.

Last edited:
For avoidance of doubt as I’ve seen it on twitter people saying they’ll turn it down if priority to those without goes to Celtic. As far as I’m aware this will work like old away CCCS if you turn down the ticket you’ll be classed as successful in ballot. Scary the amount on social media who seem to think they can play the system when you’ve people genuinely wanting to be there
The way it should be.

Mental that folk think otherwise.

Of course I’d be gutted if I missed the Celtic game but I’ve got a ticket for Saturday and I’m delighted. I’ve seen folk on here actively hoping they lose out on this ballot so they get a Celtic brief. I’m not wanting staunch points or anything but the chance to see Rangers in a league match after so long away is an exciting prospect and I don’t care that it’s Livingston we are playing.

Let’s hope these restrictions are over soon enough as planned and these horrible ST ballots are a thing of the past (although I know the fun will start up again when the first semi final ballots and purchase windows start......)
Much the same hopefully full but if not I’ll get beers and watch it with my old man. Looking forward to Saturday regardless hope at the end even without trophy the players do a lap of honour quickly so we can show our appreciation

I was lucky enough (so I thought) to get a ticket in the second ballet, only to find that available seats are in the club deck, as a 73 year old with health problems I could not use the club deck.
You should still take it and I'm sure there will be someone on here who would be willing to swap, If I never had my son beside me I would have swapped you no bother

It will keep updating throughout the night. Tickets in baskets they shouldn’t be in will time out eventually.

That's all well and good VB, but I'm first of all not computer literate and secondly can't spend the time hovering over my computer. I'm in the process of organising my Mother's funeral with all that entails and I'm unlikely to complete before tomorrow's 10.00am deadline.

I'm as I say, a technophobe like many of my age. I feel completely disenfranchised by Rangers, who despite the shifting sands of covid protocol have had over a year to anticipate any eventualities.
I posted earlier in the thread that when I missed out on the first ballot I was philosophical about that, but todays elation at receiving a ticket today has morphed into resigned despair.

As for the "fans" who have not been successful in both ballots and are "chancing their arm" as you have said VB, they are selfish and beyond contempt. They are the virtual equivalent of the oafs who crashed through security to get into Wembley for the Euro final a couple of weeks back. Yet they could only do so because of the pathetic system set up by the Club and the TO that enabled them. As you said in an earlier post VB, logging in with your Rangers number on receiving a ticket would have alleviated so much confusion and disappointment.

Thank you for your input for those of us who are not so clued up.

The way it should be.

Mental that folk think otherwise.
Only fair mate
I've been siiting since just after 5 constantly refreshing trying to get a ticket and getting nowhere. A sniff of Main Stand rear and club deck but no more.

But I'm successful in the ballot so I'm at the back of the queue for the next game? GTF that is fair.

My auld man is in his 70s and has to hoof it to the club deck?

Guys, this can't be the best system.

I was lucky enough (so I thought) to get a ticket in the second ballet, only to find that available seats are in the club deck, as a 73 year old with health problems I could not use the club deck.
Could you not use the lift (I think there is one?)? It is certainly a hike up the stairs. My tongue was hanging out by the time I got to the top on Sunday and I am 20 odd years younger than you.

There was a young lad sitting in front of me on Sunday who I think must have suffered from vertigo. He was petrified sitting with his dad in the club deck. A helpful steward sorted them out with different seats, I assume in the main stand front.

As you said in an earlier post VB, logging in with your Rangers number on receiving a ticket would have alleviated so much confusion and disappointment.
Ah but that would be too easy and not the way the T.O. do things! BTW I am in the same situation as you rergarding trying to get my "allocated seat":mad:

W.A.T.P.

I've been siiting since just after 5 constantly refreshing trying to get a ticket and getting nowhere. A sniff of Main Stand rear and club deck but no more.

But I'm successful in the ballot so I'm at the back of the queue for the next game? GTF that is fair.

Guys, this is can't be the best system.
It is as fair as it's going to get imo. We've all paid for the season. After matchday 2 we can't have a scenario were some people have been at both and others none. Hopefully though we have a full house by then.

It is as fair as it's going to get imo. We've all paid for the season. After matchday 2 we can't have a scenario were some people have been at both and others none. Hopefully though we have a full house by then.
Aye, fair enough. Fancy taking my log in and refreshing for a few more hours until I get a seat?

Aye, fair enough. Fancy taking my log in and refreshing for a few more hours until I get a seat?
It’s a long shot but, since you are at a loose end :eek: try logging out, clear cache/cookies, login and try again.

No real reason that should make a difference but you’ve nothing to lose.

Were you successful in the ballot? It only took me a couple of minutes to confirm mine. Why are you needing to refresh?
I was, and there are currently no areas available. Earlier there were areas but no access to seats. You could see seats then they would go.

I was unable to react immediately to the email due to working.

See previous posts re baskets being filled etc.

I was, and there are currently no areas available. Earlier there were areas but no access to seats. You could see seats then they would go.

I was unable to react immediately to the email due to working.

See previous posts re baskets being filled etc.
I see. Yeah, I think it would have been better if everyone was just allocated a seat as close to their own as possible. It seems a bit of a mess doing it that way. Hope you get sorted.

I see. Yeah, I think it would have been better if everyone was just allocated a seat as close to their own as possible. It seems a bit of a mess doing it that way. Hope you get sorted.
100 percent mate quite shit people taking seats other places anyway

If there is another ballot then the fact that I was allocated a seat but unable to get one should mean that I am treated as the same as not getting a seat this time round. Poster Bye Bye the Hi Hi has a justified gripe!

W.A.T.P.

Quick question troops:

An old pal of mine received an email telling him he had a ticket.

He logged in this evening to claim the ticket but it was showing as sold out.

He’s got the ticket in his basket but hasn’t selected a seat or had the QR code.

Was it first come, first serve with some who were sent emails missing out?

I think there's a lift if you've got a medical certificate. Best contact the club.

Quick question troops:

He’s got the ticket in his basket but hasn’t selected a seat or had the QR code.

Codes not out yet just the you have been sucessful emails

Guys, this can't be the best system.
Very considerate of you though to be concerned about your auld man, seems like you get on well with him. He must be a good guy. B-)

W.A.T.P.

Quick question troops:

A quick perusal of the thread and you will see many are in the same boat. It’s assumed because folk who didn’t succeed in the ballot are chancing their arm, trying to purchase seats and said seats then end up stuck in their baskets until they timeout.

Perseverance mate.

A quick perusal of the thread and you will see many are in the same boat. It’s assumed because folk who didn’t succeed in the ballot are chancing their arm, trying to purchase seats and said seats then end up stuck in their baskets until they timeout.

Perseverance mate.
Moron behaviour.

Should take 5 mygers points off them everytime someone tries it.

If there is another ballot then the fact that I was allocated a seat but unable to get one should mean that I am treated as the same as not getting a seat this time round. Poster Bye Bye the Hi Hi has a justified gripe!

W.A.T.P.
I agree, that's rotten in that case. The issue the club would have in that scenario is it'd be impossible to establish who couldn't get one and who decided to give it a miss to try and enhance their chances of an OF ticket.

Big mate just text me there to see what he is doing wrong as he can’t select a seat, looks like all the seats are gone.

I agree, that's rotten in that case. The issue the club would have in that scenario is it'd be impossible to establish who couldn't get one and who decided to give it a miss to try and enhance their chances of an OF ticket.
If there are fans who forego the seat this time round then that would have been easier for myself and others like me to obtain a seat. The fact that I and others in my position haven't got one tells me that there can't have been any giving up the seat on the basis of enhancing their chances of an allocated OF ticket. Just have to be philosophical about it I suppose.:(

W.A.T.P.

Back