Ballymena United F.C. v Rangers Colts

Rossi1872

in the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup - 3rd Round.
Wednesday, September 18 at Ballymena Showgrounds (capacity 3,600), kick-off 7.45pm.

EB7YHivW4AATqxX

EB7YHi1XYAAx8wY

Last edited:
if played on the sunday might get a half decent crowd with people over for the parade. wouldn't stick around but heehaw to do in balleymena

Great to see Rangers over here again.

Don't go to Irish league games but will make an effort for this.

Clough Rangers Supporters Club 10 minutes drive from the ground for any bears looking a refreshment too

No idea what Ballymena would be like, would be a nice wee trip away to find out, would assume that this would be a reasonably easy game for our boys, easier than last night's anyway

Is it still BBC (Alba) that has TV rights? I would have thought it worthy of some TV coverage BBC NI or rangers TV if not.

I have many friends from Ballymena and on my one and only visit I watched a Gers game v St Johnstone in the Railway Tavern a couple of years ago. Its where the Ballymena Loyal can be found and I cannot reccomend it highly enough. This would without a doubt have been my 2nd visit to Ballymena but still having to work, has fcuked that up GRRRR

Thinking of going to this for a weekender, any idea when match date/details will be confirmed?

For those interested, Linguists who specialize in 'regional dialects' actually classify the 'Ballymena' dialect - along with that part of North Antrim - as 'Scottish' - particularly south-west Scotland.

This may not be too surprising because that part of Ulster, being physically/geographically closest to Scotland, experienced the heaviest migration level of Scots during the Ulster Plantation.

Always found them to be alright when down there although as said they do not have a large following. Enjoyed using their wee unofficial bar before they had to dismantle it following Cliftonville fans actions at Narrow Water
Never was in that club, i have been in quite a few at various grounds following the Glens including Donegal Septic.

Back