Ballymena v Rangers u21

I'd say, if yer a Utd fan, and you think they'll win 2-1, yet the bookies see Utd as 1/3 favourites, then that means the bookies are pricing the Gers up, as maybe the equivalent of Dungannon or Institute.

That's a mistake in my view. Wee Gers shouldn't be more than 15/8.

FBS

Unless the guy has watched our colt team play regularly though I doubt he has a massive amount of insight into what the score will actually be other than a left field punt. I certainly couldn’t comment on whether I think we will win and the bookies will be a lot more informed than most I would suggest. If Rangers are prices up at 11/2 it may be worth an interest bet but I certainly wouldn’t be lumping on or trying to see the value.

Unless the guy has watched our colt team play regularly though I doubt he has a massive amount of insight into what the score will actually be other than a left field punt. I certainly couldn’t comment on whether I think we will win and the bookies will be a lot more informed than most I would suggest. If Rangers are prices up at 11/2 it may be worth an interest bet but I certainly wouldn’t be lumping on or trying to see the value.

I watched a Gers U20 team put 5 past Crusaders side in July. Granted it was a testimonial and Middleton, McPake and Dallas are no longer available for Gers, but, I can't recall a Ballymena side putting 5 past the Crues in my lifetime!

I would never suggest that this is the game we lump the Widows & Orphans' fund on, merely saying I can see no evidence that justifies Ballymena, a part time side, at 1/3. They will have a physical advantage, and are at home. This rightly makes them favorites. Priced at 1/3 however, all the value is in the professional side. If GD plays tonight, he will be the stand out player on the pitch. I think it will be a really good challenge for the Wee Gers, and I'm looking forward to seeing them. Hopefully they give me a free night!;)

FBS

in my opinion this is Rangers fourth eleven that will be playing. The third string are out on loan - who again in my opinion would have had a good chance of winning this cup. A good physical challenge for our young bears.

This competition wasn’t a friendly when I saw us lose the final at Easter road then win it at hampden.

Hopefully the players look at it that way as well, whatever the dullards think.

What's the point of inviting all these teams to participate if they are just going to send out their stiffs?

What's the point of inviting all these teams to participate if they are just going to send out their stiffs?

It was kinda one of the points I was making - of course I accept it’s not a friendly but it’s better than a bounce game I suppose.

Also the young ones should bear in mind that the later games are televised and a great chance for them to show what they have

Greg Docherty doesn't look like he will be in the first team squad any time soon.

I tend to agree with you. However, in this instance it seems the player (as Jamie Murphy did last week) has requested the chance to play in the Dev Squad in order to get some game time.

Back