Ballymena v Rangers u21

It will likely get moved for international football as Scotland u21 play on the 10th and the 14th Hopefully it can be moved to a different Saturday rather than midweek like this game.

How do I post a phot

If you’re looking for a ‘simple’ method that works on PC, tablet and mobile then try this.

Go to https://postimages.org/ and leave it as the default 'do not resize my image' in the first box (though you can select something else if you want it bigger/smaller).

Leave the default ‘no expiration' in the second box.

Click on the 'Choose Image' button to select your image to upload and let the website upload the image.

Once it is uploaded click on the small icon to the right of the ‘hotlink for forums’ row and it will copy the relevant link. Occasionally, clicking on the Hotlink for Forums doesn't work, if that happens simply go to the adjacent box and select the text for the link and then copy and paste it.

Paste your link into the Quick Reply box.

You can then click on the ‘More Options’ button below the Quick Reply box and then preview your post so you can see it’s going to work before you commit your post to the forum.

Went up after work with my friend. Nice night for a game here in NI.

Thought Grezda was poor but maybe my opinion of him has already been decided. That’s a 2million player on the pitch and he didn’t look any better than the part-time Ballymena boys.

Thought Grezda was poor but maybe my opinion of him has already been decided. That’s a 2million player on the pitch and he didn’t look any better than the part-time Ballymena boys.

the guy clearly doesn't want to play for us... it doesn't matter what he cost, if he wants away he isn't going to try a leg

the guy clearly doesn't want to play for us... it doesn't matter what he cost, if he wants away he isn't going to try a leg

Have to say that in those Dev Squad matches I’ve seen him play he has worked hard and has stood out as a level above. No more than you’d expect, of course, but I certainly didn’t get the impression he wasn’t trying a leg.

Have to say that in those Dev Squad matches I’ve seen him play he has worked hard and has stood out as a level above. No more than you’d expect, of course, but I certainly didn’t get the impression he wasn’t trying a leg.

I haven't seen him, I will admit that, I am only going by what people have said, and from when he has appeared in the first team, if I am wrong, so be it

just wondered as in every rounds so far they had been away, I thought it might be a stipulation of allowing them to play in it or something
If I'm right we were away to Falkirk two seasons ago in our only tie.
Last season away to Dumbarton in a 2-1 defeat.
I think the Colts may have been away in every game they've played since being admitted to the Challenge Cup.
Not sure it's a stipulation though, that would mean we can't draw other Colt sides.

Just back from the game. Excellent win for the Wee Rangers against the bullying cry baby tactics of Ballymena. First half was poor from Rangers with only Barjonas and Kennedy offering anything. Our passing was abysmal and only a shocking miss by Ballymena kept score level.
Second half we took over with sharper passing and first to the ball. Grezda should have buried a header, their keeper made a good save at his post. A horrendous mistake by Ballymena defender allowed Natyki in to slide ball by keeper. Ballymena then went into overdrive with whinging diving fouling off the ball challenges. Great to see the Young Bears standing up for themselves and their teammates.

They are joint favourites to win the cup.

Before tonight's match we were rank outsiders with St Boo u21 at 40/1.

We were also big odds tonight and went through.

They were rotten against Kelty. Maybe it was because of the dreaded plastic pitch. I'd put money on us if I was still a gambling man.

Took a trip along tonight.

Both teams had a good few chances and wasn't the worst of games. Ballymena players acting like arseholes if I'm honest.

£30 on at 9/2 so all in all I'm happy.

Well done the young Bears

Thought it was evenly matched ballymena though should of had a penalty in the second half , grezda and Doherty were non existent

And your right ballymena players were arseholes

You are correct mate. He was poor.

Was substituted against coleraine on Saturday but did well.
Thought it was evenly matched ballymena though should of had a penalty in the second half , grezda and Doherty were non existent

And your right ballymena players were arseholes
Flip me..if doc cant stand out against a 2nd string ballymena side we'd be better chasing him! Lets stop kidding ourselves

I am not a gambler, bu
16/5 when I bet them, still a nice lift for a Wed night.

Well done everyone who was on.

Some price! I saw what was being quoted in earlier posts and could not understand why such heavy odds were being laid against a full time team when playing part timers. I know it was our young squad but they were bolstered by the inclusion of Docherty and Grezda.

I watched a Gers U20 team put 5 past Crusaders side in July. Granted it was a testimonial and Middleton, McPake and Dallas are no longer available for Gers, but, I can't recall a Ballymena side putting 5 past the Crues in my lifetime!

I would never suggest that this is the game we lump the Widows & Orphans' fund on, merely saying I can see no evidence that justifies Ballymena, a part time side, at 1/3. They will have a physical advantage, and are at home. This rightly makes them favorites. Priced at 1/3 however, all the value is in the professional side. If GD plays tonight, he will be the stand out player on the pitch. I think it will be a really good challenge for the Wee Gers, and I'm looking forward to seeing them. Hopefully they give me a free night!;)

FBS
As a utd and gers fan I was at the game tonite and Greg Doherty was the stand out player. By the way utd beat the crues 8-0 back in the mid-seventies and I was there

Is that you buying new parts for your bike.

Haha mate, probably wouldn't buy a nut for the front wheel.

My good bike is probably worth more than my motor.:)):)):))

Always nice to get a wee lift though, especially backing the Gers.

Theres a good chance the date could be changed as we will have players away with their countries at 19s and 21s level.
At the match last nite, three things annoyed me as a Ballymena and rangers supporter.
Attendance woeful wouldn't have been a thousand at it, we averaged 1378 last season, 3352 at ballymena coleraine match. Our Attendances are on our website. Rangers discipline at one point two rangers playing fighting with each other during play, embarrassing, of course then Grezda, what a plank. Ballymena team selection, if you are not interested Davy decline to enter.
Good luck to the wee gers against Solihull and to the first team this season, stop that 9 in a row.

I remember Aston Villa that was mental.
The young boys now wouldn’t understand because of time changes and the way we backed our team. I know that’s not allowed anymore, but it would be great to hear the young team come up with songs that are Rangers themed rather than political. It will only get us in trouble in the long run..

Back