Balogun a major doubt for tommorow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patterson will play tomorrow. Still waiting on punishment from the sfa or whatever they want to call themselves. Think this will be the last game they will play. As the punishment will be similar to that of Jones and big George.

On Patterson, I wish we'd start dropping into interviews something like "we'd be stunned if we heard anything about our players as there are several outstanding investigations of much earlier covid-related incidents to be completed".
McCoist e.g. could say it, too.

Last edited:
If Patterson even gets banned I think we'd be absolutely fine with Arfield there. It is much more a wing back role anyway.

Why?

We have plenty of cover.
Other than a potentially banned Patterson who is the plenty of cover? There's not plenty. The fact we are talking about slotting Arfield in there shows that.

How unlucky is it that Tav, Patterson, Balogun and Jack could all be rules out at the same time!

If there was any logic in Scottish football we would I know over two weeks after the event happened if anything was happening about it in the football realm. It’s shocking that everyone is still left guessing

I have no idea whether this has happened, but in our club's place I would already have advised the SFA that we have "lawyered up" and will go the full distance with this if our players are punished before/without any action taken against that lot over the indisputable Dubai breaches. No public statement required.

Would they consider leon king if Patterson gets a ban ?
Very unlikely IMO, King has huge potential but he’s still a bit away physically from top level football. Just turned 17 too, so I don’t think Gerrard would put him in just yet, even with the league wrapped up.

I actually think that’s why he came out at right back as opposed to his natural position of centre half.

I wouldn’t object to it though, but do think it’s very unlikely.

Even if a ban is announced tomorrow (I honestly think they will they have no shame) we’ll surely have 24 hours to decide if we plan to appeal no? So he’ll be able to play on Wed anyway.

EDIT When I say appeal I mean the severity of the ban not the ban itself

Watch the Patterson ban being announced now ahead of the game

I think Patterson will definitely get a ban at some stage, but it isn't going to be particularly quick.

I think they've already stated it can't proceed under the fast track procedure (that relates to offences on the field of play only), so it will have to proceed under the First Instance procedure. That means we'll have 5 days after service of the complaint to decide whether we are admitting any alleged breach.

I'm sure we'll make full use of those!

If we aren't admitting it, the case will go to a principal hearing which might be some time away (in fact that might still be required for mitigation even if we are admitting it.)

I don't think it will take this long, but as an example, Gordon Moffat's hearing from a First instance procedure case relating to a matter occurring on 19th December took place on 11th February from the SFA's site.

As far as we know, no complaint has been served, so Patterson will probably still be available for the St Mirren game as well as Wednesday's one.

Last edited:
I have no idea whether this has happened, but in our club's place I would already have advised the SFA that we have "lawyered up" and will go the full distance with this if our players are punished before/without any action taken against that lot over the indisputable Dubai breaches. No public statement required.

The correct attitude and response.

Tell them plain to their faces that THIS is where their fun ends.

Patterson will play tomorrow, he will need to be citied with a notice of complaint before it can be investigated so that will take a another week atleast which means he can play Livi tomorrow and St Mirren Saturday and also probably Slavia because doesn’t count for Europe and by then Tav should hopefully be back. Balogun doesn’t suit that position so maybe just as well it’s worked out this way, I’d stick to using him centre defence.

We don’t have history of such sensible action, but here’s hoping we have changed.

Patterson will play tomorrow, he will need to be citied with a notice of complaint before it can be investigated so that will take a another week atleast which means he can play Livi tomorrow and St Mirren Saturday and also probably Slavia because doesn’t count for Europe and by then Tav should hopefully be back. Balogun doesn’t suit that position so maybe just as well it’s worked out this way, I’d stick to using him centre defence.
What a fucking meltdown we’ll have to endure if thats the case! They've already fingered the new CO as ‘a hun’. Hope you are right mate.

Patterson for his first SPFL start. Hoping for another goal within 16 seconds please lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back