Balogun And Goldson First-choice CB Pairing?

Really like the look of Balogun so far.

If he’s naturally left footed, we might have our first choice CB pairing on today.

I’m not massively convinced by Helander. I know people who really rate him, but I always preferred Katić.

The fact that Balogun has pace gives us much more balance in my opinion.

They do seem to be the best balance as a unit SL.

He is right footed but has played left centre-half for the majority of his career. Early days so hard to say but if he keeps up the performance levels of that first half it is his jersey to lose. Helander is much better than Katic, though.

He looks very solid, albeit didn't have too much to do. Helander really needs a good run of fitness. I think fully fit and up to speed he could be a first choice but needs a long run of fitness to prove it.

Great to see one of our centre halves confidently coming forward with the ball.

Only 45 mins in, but Balogun looks a very decent addition.

If he’s naturally left footed, we might have our first choice CB pairing on today.

I’m not massively convinced by Helander. I know people who really rate him, but I always preferred Katić.

He's right footed but its been an assured debut so far, bar one minor error. Brings so much more to playing out from the back than any centre-back at Ibrox. Goldson having a good, solid game alongside him as well. Impressed so far.

Match Thread not good enough for you eh? Eh? Eh? :D

Looks strong and composed against the sheep and but it’s too early to say as they have not been put under any sort of pressure yet and it’s only then will we see what they are really like together - but the early signs are promising

Love the runs up the park. Bougherra-esque!

I still remember the last time I got excited about a player sprinting up the park

8119957.jpg

Too early to say and we haven't put this game to bed yet.

The more we don't get a second, the more confidence this lot take into the final ten minutes.

Early days, but really like the look of Balogun. Wasn't sure when he was named in the starting 11, but hasn't put a foot wrong. Strong, quick, good touch.

Peak FF.

It's been one half where they've had something like 1 attack and 25% possession.

Reactions: TN8

100%- already looks the most solid partnership we’ve had for a long time.

Back