Balogun, Bassey V Duffy

Laudrup11Cooper

Seriously be surprised if both their wages even matches this carthorse's.
He (Duffy) arrived with such a fanfare, and high reputation.
It was going to be a 'game changer' according to some pundits, and journalists.
It certainly has!

In contrast our two quietly slip in the door, with no fuss, and hoopla.
Much like our other superb summer signing big Mclaughlin.

Goldson's message to Duffy on twitter? when he signed, along the lines of ... 'You might want to reconsider'
Or words to that effect, are turning out to be so prophetic.I guess the big man knew Duffy was a liability, and knew how to exploit his many weaknesses, as Saturday proved.
I mean they signed him from Brighton. Not ...Barcelona.
Mind you I don't think none of us could of surmized just how poor this guy would actually be.
Never look a gift horse in the mouth, my dear mum keeps saying.

Meanwhile we have two outstanding defenders, who can step in at a minute's notice, and do an able, to almost outstanding job, when needed.Both have leadership qualities, and both great football brains, and make very worthy additions to a very strong squad. Maybe that's what a certain Ex Sky personality recognized.
Right Charlie bhoy?

Now if we can just get Alfie to start putting his boots on the right feet again... and get him firing on all cylinders... we should coast not only this league, but seriously should be considered serious treble contenders.

I haven't seen such a strong squad in depth, since Walter's last season in charge.
We are... that strong.

It is coming home.And maybe not alone either.

No word of a lie. This is quoted from a St Mirren fan with respect to Duffy (the 'Y' is silent btw):

Duffy is a good signing.
Never mind just Celtic, he is probably a better athlete than the whole of Scotland put together.

He will rag doll strikers for fun up here.

How cretinous football fans in Scotland are is always a complete mystery to me.

It certainly has!

Goldson's message to Duffy on twitter? when he signed, along the lines of ... 'You might want to reconsider'
Or words to that effect, are turning out to be so prophetic.I guess the big man knew Duffy was a liability, and knew how to exploit his many weaknesses, as Saturday proved.
Mind you I don't think none of us could of surmized just how poor this guy would actually be.

Meanwhile we have two outstanding defenders, who can step in at a minute's notice, and do an able, to almost outstanding job, when needed.Both have leadership qualities, and both great football brains, and make very worthy additions to a very strong squad. Maybe that's what a certain Ex Sky personality recognized.
Right Charlie bhoy?

Now if we can just get Alfie to start putting his boots on the right feet again... and get him firing on all cylinders... we should coast not only this league, but seriously should be considered serious treble contenders.

I haven't seen such a strong squad in depth, since Walter's last season in charge.
We are... that strong.

Goldson is friends with him and was having a bit of banter.

Duffy is still pish though.

O6MBWEV.gif

Thought that @David Edgar, Martyn and Hoggy nailed it on the Flagship this week.

Celtic were clearly after a ball playing centre half, but opted for a guy who was deemed not good enough to play in a back three by Brighton.

Who knows what made Celtic switch their focus from a ball playing centre back to a Londonderry republican who supports the club - no idea whatsoever.

Thought that @David Edgar, Martyn and Hoggy nailed it on the Flagship this week.

Celtic were clearly after a ball playing centre half, but opted for a guy who was deemed not good enough to play in a back three by Brighton.

Who knows what made Celtic switch their focus from a ball playing centre back to a Londonderry republican who supports the club - no idea whatsoever.
Me neither, but so glad they did!

I just watched their highlights on Youtube and three goals they conceded were as soft as shite. Sure, AC Milan would pump us but not so easily as this:

He is a ball playing centre half, did you not see him boot his keeper’s baws last night

He looks absolutely garbage and he can hardly run

At £45k pw and £2m loan fee it is draining their resources too

Milan goals especially the 2nd and 3rd were schoolboy error level defending

Hope he keeps this level up as the mentally challengeds will chase him out of Scotland when they realise he’s shite and I think they know that already

Duffy is a good centre half, in the right team.

Two of his glaring defencies are A) his inability to run back towards his own goal & B) his ability on the ball.

Just why they thought signing him for a team that plays a high line & will have all of the ball for most games is mystifying.

When they signed him he was still playing in the premiership the season before.

Hes established in that league but that's about it.

He doesn't have many defending qualities other than being big.

He can score goals at set pieces.

That's what I think of him.

Reading Kerrydale Street, they've already turned on him. Calling him out as a bighead who thinks he's doing Celtic a favour by being there.

Said it before, the day Rangers sign a player for a £4m outlay simply because of his political beliefs rather than his strengths as a footballer is the day you can shoot me. I hope we never resort to that level.

No word of a lie. This is quoted from a St Mirren fan with respect to Duffy (the 'Y' is silent btw):

Duffy is a good signing.
Never mind just Celtic, he is probably a better athlete than the whole of Scotland put together.

He will rag doll strikers for fun up here.

How cretinous football fans in Scotland are is always a complete mystery to me.
Was that a FF comment? :)) The thread on him when he signed you would think Ramos signed for them

I just watched their highlights on Youtube and three goals they conceded were as soft as shite. Sure, AC Milan would pump us but not so easily as this:

I'm not entirely convinced they would pump us. We are now a team that not many European sides would fancy playing. I'm writing this response with the champions league music in my head.

Duffy's a decent defender in the right set up. They are about as far away from the right set up as is possible.

He's not a footballer, not quick, not a particularly good organiser. If he was playing for Kilmarnock, Livingston or Aberdeen he'd look great because those teams play deep and ask their CBs to defend the width of their 6 yard box with deep midfielders and full backs in support. He's been successful in teams that are expected to live off scraps and steal the odd 1-0.

Rangers and them need defenders who can defend man for man in space. Duffy wants to defend a telephone box. When our CBs get the ball they are comfortable starting a move by moving it wide or playing into midfield. Duffy wants a footballer to come back and take the ball off his toes.

I predict he'll have a good game next week in Lille when Bheggar FC aren't going to be out of their own penalty area. Then the media will say he's turned it round and that he's one of the positives in their 3-0 loss. Then the Sunday after he'll get exposed and the sheep will put them out the cup on the break and that'll be the last time he's a first pick

"I mean they signed him from Brighton. Not ...Barcelona."

To be fair pretty much where we got Goldson and Balogun :)) (Balogun with loan spell with Wigan in between).

Duffy looks a fish out of water though, hope the wages they are paying him is true.

Big Fil for me head and shoulders above everyone in our league though right now followed by Goldson and Balogun.

On that showing last night AC Milan would not pump us they where abysmal in the second half,we would have tore them apart

I watched the majority of their match last night and thought AC where average at best.

I have no doubt we would have gave them a better game than they did.

You gotta just love the fair city of Londonderry / Londonderry. Not long ago, they gave the Scum the world superstar The Derry Pele (remember that clown?) - what a tube.

Now they have the Bogside Beckenbauer. I see even some poets are calling him The Traffic Cone.
That is unfair - to traffic cones.

A traffic cone would not move back to play Goldson onside. A traffic cone wouldn't let a ball trickle through it's legs. And a traffic cone would find it hard to boot it's own keeper in the balls.
Only the Scum would pay £40 grand a week for a (notvery good) traffic cone.

It certainly has!

Right Charlie bhoy?

We are... that strong.

I said on here he would be 5th choice at Ibrox only to be told he was an outstanding defender who would improve them no end.

Wonder if the poster still stands by that opinion?

Back