Balogun injury

Yes, he did absolutely struggle with him, no doubt.

To be fair, he’s not our style, but he’s a good player in my opinion.

I agree.

He's quick, has a good touch, is strong in the air and most definitely puts himself about.

Jullien and Ajer can vouch for that better than any of our central defenders.

I agree.

He's quick, has a good touch, is strong in the air and most definitely puts himself about.

Jullien and Ajer can vouch for that better than any of our central defenders.

Funny.

But you’re right, he has a lot of talent. Maybe he would struggle to fit into how we play, but he’s always a difficult opponent.

And he loves playing the Tim’s :))

Goldson and Helander strolled it against Dykes the last time we played at Livingston.

I was front row behind the goals and was worried after how he fared in the first game there, but they never gave him a sniff, Jack dropped back to pick up the 2nd balls, was impressive to watch at close quarters.

Goldson and Helander strolled it against Dykes the last time we played at Livingston.

I was front row behind the goals and was worried after how he fared in the first game there, but they never gave him a sniff, Jack dropped back to pick up the 2nd balls, was impressive to watch at close quarters.

Yes, they coped with him great that day.

Thought maybe he hurt his back when he fell in the 1st half. Edmunsson might be a better bet at Livi given Helander's last outing there.

When the season starts so smoothly you don't play Edmundson in a tough away tie. He's raw and tbh that's my kind take. I'd sooner start Helander and Goldson.

When the season starts so smoothly you don't play Edmundson in a tough away tie. He's raw and tbh that's my kind take. I'd sooner start Helander and Goldson.

Definitely.

George is young & will improve but Bayer showed how he can react under pressure with that vital opening goal.

Id stick with experience too.

Helander was the best Central defender Tonight so should start anyway vs Livi. His 2 performances has been excellent given his 8 months absence

If our defence has an off day and Dykes is on it, he could cause problems. He's big, quick, and is given way too much leeway by refs to throw the elbows about. Helander had a mare on that pitch last season, but he also played Dykes off the park in another game so I'd be confident with Goldson + Helander for Sunday

Unfortunately, it’s known that Helander doesn’t like it at Livingston.

Helander has played 2 games at Livingston and is yet to concede a goal there. This whole thing is being blown insanely out of proportion for some bizarre reason. He had a shaky introduction to that abomination of a pitch, and then absolutely strolled it the second time round. Zero to worry about from Helander.

Helander has played 2 games at Livingston and is yet to concede a goal there. This whole thing is being blown insanely out of proportion for some bizarre reason. He had a shaky introduction to that abomination of a pitch, and then absolutely strolled it the second time round. Zero to worry about from Helander.
I expect you’ll be right here but the fact that he was dreadful against them on their horrible pitch makes the fear understandable.
Remember, this is a highly experienced player with the cv that would probably make him our best centre back should he manage to regain such a standard.
There had to be a reason for such a flop, that one nightmare game.
That it was against them and, more so, it was on that pitch that it becomes a given To exaggerate the issue.
Just like everything else about that surface is exaggerated.

100% mate. Amazing reading this thread the amount of people who remember his first appearance on that pitch which was poor, but don't seem to remember his most recent performance, which was top drawer.

Injury wise, I have a problem with him on that pitch, but ability wise? None whatsoever.

Balogun landed really heavily after being upended it was a bad one and he's probably stiffened up and had bruising thats the hammer throwing SPFL standard for you.

Her lander would be better option against Dyes. To me stand off him and make him use the ball. Hellander is intelligent enough to deal with Dykes.

In fairness bud, Helander was caught cold that night. I don't think anything can prepare you for that pitch and a big dumpling like Dykes.

He breezed through the game when we played them a couple of months later.

Even if Balogun was fit, I'd be playing the Swede in this one.

You'
In fairness bud, Helander was caught cold that night. I don't think anything can prepare you for that pitch and a big dumpling like Dykes.

He breezed through the game when we played them a couple of months later.

Even if Balogun was fit, I'd be playing the Swede in this one.

You're absolutely right PB, he was excellent & had very quickly learned from his first 'experience'
against them.

The last thing we should do against Dykes is go head-to-head with him, he'll win a good proportion and get free kicks for most of the rest. Cut out the knock-ons and get someone in about him when he's bringing it down is the way to reduce his effectiveness, was it Davis did well at this in a previous game?

The last thing we should do against Dykes is go head-to-head with him, he'll win a good proportion and get free kicks for most of the rest. Cut out the knock-ons and get someone in about him when he's bringing it down is the way to reduce his effectiveness, was it Davis did well at this in a previous game?

Yes, Davis had a cracker. Think he had two goalline clearances too IIRC mate ?

Gutted he’s likely out. Helander probably had his worst performance for us on that Livi pitch.
He then went back a month later and Dykes never got a kick that poor performance gets a bit exaggerated on here from memory he had a poor first half then was fine the second half. He had only been a rangers player a few months and was still getting used to Scottish football

I never seen such a myth grow around a player on the back of two decent performances. You'll be lucky if he's won more than a couple of headers so far this season.

Equally, Dykes hasn't managed to get out a centre-backs pocket yet this season. Joe Shaughnessy at St. Mirren made him look like he'd never played the game before.

That guy Shaughnessy's a very under rated player Dude. Had a cracker against us last season.

I'm not trying to big up Dykes, just look at what the risks are to us getting the 3 points.

That guy Shaughnessy's a very under rated player Dude. Had a cracker against us last season.

I'm not trying to big up Dykes, just look at what the risks are to us getting the 3 points.
Aye I've regularly been impressed with him. Having seen Livi a couple of times this season now, Craig Sibbald and one or two others tend to be what makes them tick just now. Wouldn't be a surprise to see Dykes put a decent shift in against us tbh but he's been woeful this season so far.

Aye I've regularly been impressed with him. Having seen Livi a couple of times this season now, Craig Sibbald and one or two others tend to be what makes them tick just now. Wouldn't be a surprise to see Dykes put a decent shift in against us tbh but he's been woeful this season so far.

Thanks.

Ive not seen them at all this season to be honest, but appreciate your insight.

I never seen such a myth grow around a player on the back of two decent performances. You'll be lucky if he's won more than a couple of headers so far this season.
Haven't seen him this season and we know he won't put in the same level of performance against us. Has the hype got to him, though?

Aye, I get that. I'm asking if you have an opinion on what Dykes thinks having seen a bit of him this season.

I think its just a player who has found his usual level rather than being affected by the hype and transfer talk around him. Last season was his first in top-flight football anywhere and, other than a handful of good games, he was no better than any number of Premiership players.

It probably helped too that Livi punched considerably above their weight last season. Now they are having to properly scrap for everything, Dykes doesn't have enough about him to influence games.

Back